Streets of America Development Watch (no longer DEMO)

danlb_2000

Premium Member
New aerial from Bioreconstruct on Twitter. You can start to see the beginning of the wall that will separate the street from the Muppets area. This is being built farther from Muppets then I expected.

DFbqF8XWsAAZhWg.jpg

Sam Magic

That guy is an absolute joke. His videos are all so terrible and full of misinformation and blatant lies.
His British accent honestly sounds fake. I can't stand watching his videos, but honestly the quality and video thumbnails draw me in. I'm a sucker for good youtube thumbnails.

Watching his videos is kinda like going to Universal. From the outside everything looked great, then you get in and are just shouted at the whole time. I'd love to see a show with DSNY and Jim Hill.

Sam Magic

For Star Wars land.....IMO they look like something for the First Order...
83241ad71fd59db6e32b7475ce68c1fa.jpg

Other people have stated it will more closely resemble this
579ac8492c2ec26545555083b889c43f--tunnels-vintage-photos.jpg
If these are the gates to enter Star Wars land it will probably be a mix of both styles. First Order architecture is styled after Art Deco architecture because popular culture remembers the more brutalist forms of Art Deco being associated with Nazi regime. Art Deco architecture in the US was more detailed and ornate, but Art Deco architecture in Spain, Italy, and Germany was more plain and brutalist. The First Order (based on what we've seen) is more similar to Nazi architecture.

roj2323

New aerial from Bioreconstruct on Twitter. You can start to see the beginning of the wall that will separate the street from the Muppets area. This is being built farther from Muppets then I expected.

View attachment 217581
Looks like the new road will be much narrower than the original New York Street. It should be interesting to see what they do with the new space beyond the curb line on the Muppets side.

BD-Anaheim

Will the tunnel transition area have two entrances? Based on the aerials it appears this way and each takes a different route into SWL but come together at Streets of America.

Am I seeing this correctly?

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I thought the entrance from TSL was also to be a "tunnel" as well?

Not sure what you mean. This is the entrance from Muppets Courtyard and old Streets of America. Not sure how much will be built up around it to qualify as a tunnel.

The entrance from TSL is not pictured here. So why are you questioning if it's to be a tunnel?

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Will the tunnel transition area have two entrances? Based on the aerials it appears this way and each takes a different route into SWL but come together at Streets of America.

Am I seeing this correctly?

The entrance will be where the red arrow is. Some people though there would be a second path through there, seen on the right side of this picture, but it's pretty clear something is being built there that will block that path.

upload_2017-7-24_20-47-28.png

Kman101

Just a guess but when it opens there will need to be a queue to get into the Star Wars area. I could see that curbed area being used as a temp queue space for crowd control purposes.

I'd imagine that's what they're planning. Can't wait to see the massive crowds to get in come 2019. Disneyland is going to be incredibly overwhelmed being the first to open it, but I don't think DHS will be any less packed for it.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Looks like the new road will be much narrower than the original New York Street. It should be interesting to see what they do with the new space beyond the curb line on the Muppets side.
landscaping.

I thought the entrance from TSL was also to be a "tunnel" as well?
both entries to SWL will be via "tunnel"

Goofyernmost

View attachment 217581
I wouldn't think that once you look at that picture anyone would have a problem figuring out why the fountain was temporarily shut down until the land work is done.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom