Streets of America Development Watch (no longer DEMO)

Jones14

Remember when the Frozen Ever After facade was being painted a few weeks before opening, with the garish yellow and reflective silver roof that looked sooooo awful? And then how a few weeks later when the ride opened, it magically looked fine? Same idea here. It's called "they're not finished painting yet".

Herbie

I doubt the yellow one is done. Looks all base coaty to me.

Anyways... this section is not necessarily part of Muppet Courtyard. It is just a generic street at the end of Commissary Way which will have a reopened Writer's Stop. The other side of this lane will be a brick wall separating Muppet Courtyard from this lane. This way, people aren't trampling right through MC to get to SWL, instead, they follow this city street and go through a tunnel, make a turn and get a big reveal.

Still don't see the point of it. They could easily connect the courtyard to the street (without any trampling), add a bit of theming instead of just having an oddly colored, theme-less, and even more watered down version of half of the SoA. It doesn't seem to me it will look like Hollywood. And with that paint scheme, it won't look like New York either.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Still don't see the point of it. They could easily connect the courtyard to the street (without any trampling), add a bit of theming instead of just having an oddly colored, theme-less, and even more watered down version of half of the SoA. It doesn't seem to me it will look like Hollywood. And with that paint scheme, it won't look like New York either.
The point is something high enough to hide the rear of SciFi and GMR. Theme wise it should match the Pizzaria and bathroom buildings as a generic facade/

I don't believe these colours are the final ones.

jt04

The point is something high enough to hide the rear of SciFi and GMR. Theme wise it should match the Pizzaria and bathroom buildings as a generic facade/

I don't believe these colours are the final ones.

Even Disney's primer is colorful.

roj2323

Screen Shot 2017-06-17 at 5.21.42 PM.png

https://twitter.com/bioreconstruct/status/876101108640485377

Ryan H. Serowinski

Wish they would start working on the sitw of the former P&F meet. I would guess what will happen to the site.
1. New Star/Marco meet(0% chance :()
2. Demolish it for more area in Star Wars Land(will be very likely by 99.9%)

Ryan H. Serowinski

P.S-Wish Universal would stop fighting with Disney over Marvel park rights for their characters, so the SOA facade would had been home to a Super Hero Encounter with Black Widow, Ant Man, Doctor Strange, Iron Man, etc. :( but it'll be nothing but a room for cast members

HauntedMansionFLA

P.S-Wish Universal would stop fighting with Disney over Marvel park rights for their characters, so the SOA facade would had been home to a Super Hero Encounter with Black Widow, Ant Man, Doctor Strange, Iron Man, etc. :( but it'll be nothing but a room for cast members
There are plenty of Marvel characters that do not fall under the Universal Theme Park contract, Disney has not developed those characters and who knows if they ever will?

danlb_2000

Premium Member

There really isn't much fighting going on, they have the rights and are not likely to give them back.

BlindChow

Unlike many, I'm willing to wait until they are done before I make a final decision. In my mind, it is a wonder that people aren't breaking legs jumping to conclusions.
Hey, who's got two thumbs & is allowed to express an opinion about a picture online AND reserves the right to express a different opinion when the circumstances change? THIS GUY *accidentally pokes myself in the eyes with both thumbs*

PorterRedkey

It kinda has to do with the facades

I admit I watch these terrible videos, but it's the same reason I read jt04's posts - the unintentional comedy.
DSNY is very sure he has the scoop (even when he is getting some news from Fresh-Baked and Tommy C.). He tells stories that have very little basis in fact. Even when rumors have been debunked, he is still reporting them as news. He uses phrases like "seems like...", "it may be looking like..." and "could be happening...", to make it seem like his fiction "may" happen. I could report that Small World "could be" moving to Epcot, just because I have heard @RSoxNo1 bring the idea up a lot, but that doesn't mean there is any truth to it.

He seems to feast on views from the uninformed Disney park fans that don't know any better. All while, he is making money on the advertising and T-shirt store he has set up.

IMHO he seems like a marketing major that kind of likes Disney World.

Last edited:

rocketraccoon

Sorry, I had to get that off my chest.

Any new changes to the former Streets of America? Any idea when the Writer's shop may reopen?
The Writer's Shop is nothing but structural things and plumbing at this point. Probably will be turned into something else I'd imagine considering how extreme the construction is there.

TY3ghXe.jpg

Picture points to roughly here:
BfYyumM.png

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom