Streets of America Development Watch (no longer DEMO)

britain

SOA is equivalent of CC entrance, and TSL is equivalent of Big Thunder Trail. Expect the flow through each land to be directly opposite Falcon>Alcatraz at DL and Alcatraz>Falcon at HS.

Thanks! It will be interesting to see how the flow will be opposite. The land better be designed to look great from all directions! :)

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
So let me get this correct. They are going to build a wall around Muppet Courtyard, similar to what was there that they tore down or am I seeing the photo that was posted above incorrectly? Like a smaller version of SOA???
Lower height, smart brick wall.

HauntedMansionFLA

They were actually doing work on the remaining facade the other day. It appears they welded a steel support structure extending out from under the former Chevrolet sign and were working on something near the top of the facade as well. More work could have been done since this update: http://blogmickey.com/2017/04/photo...inues-work-begins-old-streets-america-facade/
Great to see the work going into the SOA building already - looks like a different paint color.

jt04

Great to see the work going into the SOA building already - looks like a different paint color.

Hoping they can surpass the 'streets' at Uni. Although they set a high stadard at that park. Very rare that Uni surpasses Disney but there are currently elements that do.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I've never been to Universal so I don't know what you are talking about?

efda9759d585f0cc862a33afe37505af.jpg

NY_2.jpg

BD-Anaheim

Are the facades of SOA being renovated to an old Hollywood or DTLA theme rather than NY? Reason I ask is this would seem to jive with the art deco tunnel elements, and some of the updates Muppet court (first instance, the pizza joint is a NY pizza place but technically in CA). If this were the case, I could start to see an underlying theme developing across the park where all the lands are themed to LA and films.

Goofyernmost

Are the facades of SOA being renovated to an old Hollywood or DTLA theme rather than NY? Reason I ask is this would seem to jive with the art deco tunnel elements, and some of the updates Muppet court (first instance, the pizza joint is a NY pizza place but technically in CA). If this were the case, I could start to see an underlying theme developing across the park where all the lands are themed to LA and films.
How is that different then being themed to Hollywood... Basically the same place. Ergo... it has always been themed that way.

Last edited:

uncle jimmy

Premium Member
Its been hinted, that MV exterior will get a face-lift... Wonder what theater in old hollywood it may look like?

BD-Anaheim

How is that different then being themed to Hollywood... Basically the same place. Argo... it has always been themed that way.

Well the former SOA was themed to San Fran and New York. Is it clear what the façade upgrades are intended to do? I imagine it is to bring unity into this smaller transitional area between SWL and ST by having a singular coherent theme.

Goofyernmost

Well the former SOA was themed to San Fran and New York. Is it clear what the façade upgrades are intended to do? I imagine it is to bring unity into this smaller transitional area between SWL and ST by having a singular coherent theme.
Sure if we thought that ST was staying, but, we have it on reliable source that it will not be there too long after SWL is completed. So, I guess we just have to wait and see exactly how they handle it. No sense getting our knickers in a knot when we don't have a clue about their intent.

BD-Anaheim

Sure if we thought that ST was staying, but, we have it on reliable source that it will not be there too long after SWL is completed. So, I guess we just have to wait and see exactly how they handle it. No sense getting our knickers in a knot when we don't have a clue about their intent.

I don't see anything getting their knickers in a knot, do you? Rather, sharing of ideas.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom