Streets of America Development Watch (no longer DEMO)

YodaMan

Any idea why it is now slated to close? One would think it would stick around for a while, because the food selection in that park is somewhat limited. It is a good place to get snacks.

That, I don't know. The inner workings of ABC, Sci Fi, Writers Stop, and their breakrooms are far too connected for me to see Writer's Stop being demolished, but I heard September 25 for the last day of operation. I guess we'll wait until next week to see if that's true.

Jon81uk

First I've heard of this. Are they closing for demolition purposes?

It was meant to close when the rest of the Streets of America closed months ago, but was instead repurposed into a lounge for Sci-Fi.

I'm not sure if it is directly going to be demolised, but it is in a slight dead end location to the construction fences and therefore I don't think they can keep access to it.

elchippo

Original Poster
It was meant to close when the rest of the Streets of America closed months ago, but was instead repurposed into a lounge for Sci-Fi.

I'm not sure if it is directly going to be demolised, but it is in a slight dead end location to the construction fences and therefore I don't think they can keep access to it.
It may be something as simple as sales have dropped so low it's more cost effective to just close at least for now? I mean, the (lack of) dead end traffic would have a huge effect I should think. Unless you have a serious love for the spot (and really, all of "US"" are the only ones that do), it's just a spot for coffee to the 99%

mikeh

No. I think they just needed the ladder over in Avatar. ;)

Found it.

Pandora_07212016-7.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom