Story time with Belle, worst cash extraction point

networkpro

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Its simple a photo buying opportunity featuring your kids. At least with the Princess Breakfasts you get something to eat.

Bolt

I doubt the soul purpose of this attraction is only to sell photos. They probably sell way more at real posed locations. The meet and greets probably take more photos than this location anyways.

CinematicFusion

How much money will story time with belle make compared to space mountain? It is made for the return on investment potential. Every child in love with Belle will want to have a picture to take home with them. Haven't seen the attraction yet but I have a feeling those pictures aren't free.

ImagineerDude

WHATEVER Disney does, people will buy. So unless it is the most godawful thing in the world, expect to see pricy merchandise with the Disney logo and people purchasing it ;) Disney's not stupid

brifraz

Marching along...
Premium Member
We did the attraction a couple weeks ago. Our DD (9) absolutely loved it. They take pictures of each 'performer' with Belle at the end of the show. You get a photopass for the picture, so you can choose to buy it or not just like any photopass. We also took about 20 pictures ourselves during the show (knowing how to take pictures without flash has its advantages).

The attraction is incredibly well done and we feel no pressure to buy the photopass pictures. In the group that we went through with, there were some adults without little kids who seemed to enjoy the attraction just as much as we did - one of them was chosen to be a knight in the show. The wardrobe and lumiere animatronics are exceptional and the CMs were excellent for our visit. Highly worth it and we will do it again - and it is basically a free show that you or a family member might get to be in.

Much cheaper than a Princess Breakfast and we have a lot of great memories - no need to buy any pictures.

KTCpiano

I did this attraction tonight for the first time during MVMCP as it was a walk-in attraction without a wait. While I see where networkpro is coming from with the comment, I did not find the Photopass personnel intrusive at all. They stayed out of the way snapping their pictures, while proud parents snapped away as well. At the conclusion, the Photopass "photographer" was at the door hanging out cards for that particular show, which you could take or leave.

I thought the attraction was beautifully done. Maurice's cottage was much smaller than I envisioned, but the effects, the animatronics, and the cast members are all extraordinary. It's well worth trying it with or without children. My only gripe is that there were maybe two minutes of dead time at the end while they took yet another round of pictures with each "performer" and Belle, and those of us not involved were still forced to sit there. However, it was worth those two minutes to experience the attraction.

networkpro

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
"effects" are limited to the mirror/door, the wardrobe, and Luminari of which 2 are excellent. Unfortunately the sum doesnt equal the rose room in Be Our Guest where its just atmosphere. Its a glorified character meet n greet.

So I'm a troll ? I guess I don't have a valid opinion since I've only been going to the world since 1972 and am just wrapping up a 14 day trip here. Your mileage will vary.

Timothy_Q

"effects" are limited to the mirror/door, the wardrobe, and Luminari of which 2 are excellent. Unfortunately the sum doesnt equal the rose room in Be Our Guest where its just atmosphere. Its a glorified character meet n greet.

That's exactly what it is. The most expensive and immersive M&G you'll find. So? Nobody said it would be an E-ticket ride.

Bolt

So I'm a troll ? I guess I don't have a valid opinion since I've only been going to the world since 1972 and am just wrapping up a 14 day trip here. Your mileage will vary.

I'm sorry if someone told you that there was a roller coaster in there.

Condorman

No, you're not a troll. You're worse. You're presumptuous -- the worst of all human traits. You didn't research what it was going to be and assumed it would be something else. Do you also go into a Mexican restaurant and order the pasta primavera, and when they tell you they don't serve that do you go ballistic on them? Of course not. Or maybe you do, what do I know? Point is, you were wrong in thinking it needed to be more or something else, and now that you've been there, you're wrong to criticize. Opinion doesn't play into this. And grown men really need to stop posting on these boards, complaining about attractions that were clearly geared towards little girls. That's really embarrassing, believing every new element in the parks needs to be some high-octane e-ticket. That's what USO and IoA is for: the presumptuous juvenile. Please go there instead and enjoy less.

dreamfinder

What's keeping you from taking your own photos like at any other character location?

Nothing, except that the only guests that get to "meet" Belle, are those who participated in the re-enactment. Do if your child is shy and didn't want to join in, they won't get to actually have a picture taken with Belle. I'd categorize it more as a show, where all the performers get to take pictures afterwards, instead of a fancy M&G.

ShookieJones

We need time for things to happen.
Hmm...Disney extracts so much money from us in soooo many different ways, I'd be hard pressed to call this "the worst".

I haven't experienced it first hand, but from what I've seen of the layout, effects and as others mentioned it does appear to be a very elaborate meet and greet, which although not my thing is something I'd take over your average meet and greet.

Also as others have mentioned you can enjoy the 'show' just take your own pic at the end...no harm no foul.

Here's my attitude..I know the Mouse is getting my money one way or the other no DOUBT about it.
Let's face it, that's part of 'his' job. But as long as he's giving it back in the form of awesome experiences I can find value someplace in the magic bubble....I won't complain ...... too much.;)

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Nothing, except that the only guests that get to "meet" Belle, are those who participated in the re-enactment. Do if your child is shy and didn't want to join in, they won't get to actually have a picture taken with Belle. I'd categorize it more as a show, where all the performers get to take pictures afterwards, instead of a fancy M&G.

I have heard this mentioned a few times and am curious as to how exactly do the prevent non-participants from getting a picture? Do they announce that you have to participate to get a picture?

TRONorail10

The truth is, this is EXACTLY what guests want. Disney isn't stupid. One of the main reasons people come to the parks is for a chance to meet some of their favorite Disney characters. One of the reasons Disney built the Belle attraction is because based on GUEST FEEDBACK years ago, people were looking for more interactive experiences with characters. That is why Disney has been putting so much emphasis on permanent meet and greets. Complaining about something at guest relations will have the slimmest effect of equalling real change in the park. The change comes from the surveys, because it is measureable scientific data that executives look at on paper. Which in turns supports, or doesn't support ideas or plans for future projects in the parks.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom