Storm Erika

Ok, this is our first Disney trip. We have a 5 year old and 22 month old. We are arriving Monday morning. It looks like it's going to be a rain out the entire week. For you veterans, what would you do?!!

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
Erika is no longer a Tropical Storm. Worst case you'll get some rain. I leave tomorrow for 4 nights at POFQ.. Not really worried about it. Get some ponchos at the local store for $2-4 (they'll cost $15 bucks a piece at Disney) and don't look back. There may be some rain..but that's about it.

Upvote 0

polynesiangirl

Rain, even heavy rain, is really no big deal over in WDW...and as others have noted it's no longer a tropical storm so it shouldn't be too bad.

Actually in the summer I love rain at WDW. It is crazy, crazy hot sometimes and it's not like I care about having the world's most pristine hair style when I'm walking around the Magic Kingdom in 95-degree weather with two little kids anyways, so what's a little water? I love how it chases the crowds away for a bit too.

We have a rain cover for our stroller and I packed our kids' light rain jackets and a couple ponchos just in case. That's about it. Game on!

Upvote 0

Disvillain63

One of our best trips was in September 1992, our kids were 2.5 and 5 years old respectively. It rained every day and a few of those days were all day showers. We went to the parks and enjoyed every day.

Upvote 0

smk

IF you wait and buy Disney poncho's save the receipt because should they tear, they will be replaced no charge. I have found them to be heavier than the ones at Walgreen's or CVS.

Upvote 0

DizneyPryncess

We hit a lot of rain last year when we went. It was my husband, my daughter 2.5 years, and myself. Luckily we had packed a raincoat & rain boots for her. She got a lot of use out of them! I will never skip packing those again. If you have room for a raincoat, and even some kind of water shoe, it can be helpful if it rains. One of the rainiest days ended up being our favorite day! Very low crowds & small waits! If it rains, you'll still have a great time. :)

Upvote 0

JIMINYCR

Heavy rains can definitely make you alter your plans but you can still enjoy a lot that Disney offers. First you have to think.... I'm still going to have a great time despite the gloomy days. Be sure to bring several pairs of spare shoes to change into when the others get soaked and are being dried out. Plan out the rides that are inside or have the best covered queue areas. Visit some of the resorts that interest you. Spend more time browsing in the shops. Take more time playing in the interactive queues, arcades and other inside areas. EP is a great place to be because so much is indoors. Just remind yourself that rain wont ruin your trip if you dont let it.

Upvote 0

smk

I also walk barefoot if I get caught in the rain with flip flops on! Safer and easier for a fast walk to a sheltered area!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom