Stolen Strollers?

Tom

Beta Return
Can anyone tell me - what is the likelihood of having your stroller stolen?

It's not a huge problem, but it happens. Often, it's just a mistake, by grabbing the wrong one out of a sea of hundreds of them.

People use lots of ways to decorate their stroller, and make it obvious that it's not someone else's. But never ever leave anything valuable in one. If you can't afford to lose something, don't leave it in a stroller.

bethymouse

Just don't leave any merchandise or other important things in your stroller. It's been known of course to mistakenly take the wrong stroller, but not to steal. When my boys were 3, we didn't have a stroller. Some very nice family gave us theirs and just had us return it after Wishes!:D

Daniel Johnson

I Dont have kids, but was talking to my uncle the other night about this in preperation of our trip soon. He said he accidentally took someone's stroller once. 30 minutes later the other family saw him, they weren't upset, said they made the same mistake before. Now, they are friends. They meet up at MK once a year. Silver linings!
I haven't heard it happening on purpose, but, I always wondered about it.

MarkTwain

Very low. I worked a large stroller parking location at WDW for about 4 months and heard of maybe one actual stroller theft, and I think even that one may have been a mistake (similar-looking strollers). Just make sure to take your valuables with you. :)

(And you'd be surprised how few people do that...)

Sparkle81

We had a stroller on our last trip, and used a tip that someone said on here- we put a clean diaper in a bag, and tied it to the front of the stroller as if it looked like a dirty diaper. I don't know if it actually helped, but the stroller went untouched the whole time ;)

taz0162

Tie something brightly colored to a section of your stroller to help discourage it being mistaken by someone else and to help you locate it in the sea of strollers that sometimes gets relocated by cast members during the busier time periods.

nemobruce

We had a stroller taken from the backlot tour at the Studios last year. It was a cheap umbrella stroller from walmart we just bought that day. It was our last ride of the day so not really a big deal hoped who ever took it needed it. We informed the cast member at TSM stroller parking just in case they had a run of strollers being taken. They asked us to wait for a supervisor, after asking us a few questions they gave us one of those new red umbrella strollers you see in the parks and a fast pass for TSM. Very generis of Disney. That was the first time in 30 plus years of visiting the parks we had a stroller taken.

zurgandfriend

When we used one we never had an issue with a stolen stroller, finding it in a sea of strollers was another issue. Off subject but for some reason several times I had to run after someone that took my shopping carriage in the grocery store. In fact once I just said the heck with it and got a new carriage and started over.

PrincessMia

I actually had a stroller taken a few years ago while in the Magic Kingdom. I'm pretty sure it was mistaken identity, but still a bummer.

DW1

I have had our stroller moved by cast members before when an area became over crowded. We parked ours at Philharmagic and after the show we looked in vain for our stroller. My oldest son found it on the backside of the carousel. I guess the MP was really crowded, ours was on the very edge and they just needed the room.

DW1

I think the risks out weigh the reward to steal anything while in a park. You would be removed from the park first off. The park admission and parking cost so much. I could imagine that on site guests may even be asked to leave the hotel. That's a lot to lose for a stroller and maybe a camera.

Last edited:

habuma

Never had or seen a stolen stroller. But the question did remind me of watching several birds steal popcorn out of a parked stroller when we were at Animal Kingdom in December. So remember to take your valuables and your popcorn. :)

NYwdwfan

My cousin's husband commented on all the strollers left unattended without consequence - he said, "in New York City you would come back and find your stroller on blocks with the wheels missing".

Unless you have a stroller overflowing with merchandise bags, I doubt there's anything in it a thief would want. Ditto for the stroller itself. ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom