STK Orlando now offers brunch, including The Ultimate Brunch For Two

Otterhead

Sometimes I just want to order sides with a side of steak. Is that wrong?
I had the opportunity to go to the classic Lawry's Prime Rib in LA recently, where they serve you prime rib and a la carte side dishes out of big rolling carving station carts. The famous prime rib? It was fine, but needed horseradish for flavor. But their creamed corn was just awesome. I'd go back just for creamed corn.

csmat99

For that price more alcohol needs to be included. 1 bottle isn't enough.
Veuve Clicquot goes anywhere from 100-150 at bars and restaurants so price of @275 is about right for what you get. The tomahawk if I recall is usually around 70 per steak. People tend to go over the top for brunch. I personally don't see the benefit of spending that much. There are plenty of good places you can spend about 50-60 a person and get great food and bottomless champagne drinks. But I'm usually only going to do that on vacation not every sunday like some people tend to do.

csmat99

Not all "high end" steak house are like that. Maybe where you live that is true. So you are telling me that what make it "good" and "high end" is the fact that they charge for sides separate? There is no possible way on the planet that a great quality steak house can serve their meat with a vegetable?
Yes all high end steakhouses are like that. If you truly think that then you never have been to one. I can list 20-30 high end steakhouses and every single one does not include a side. The only time they do is when they run a special or for the bar. Del Friscos when the economy took a hit would run a special on sunday during football games at the bar where for $50 you would get a filet, side and dessert. You save basically the cost of the dessert. You have to remember the high end steakhouses have always appealed to people that are expensing the meal or writing it off. You aren't attracting families to bring their kids in. STK is a high end steakhouse.

Last edited:

elhefe4

Veuve Clicquot goes anywhere from 100-150 at bars and restaurants so price of @275 is about right for what you get. The tomahawk if I recall is usually around 70 per steak. People tend to go over the top for brunch. I personally don't see the benefit of spending that much. There are plenty of good places you can spend about 50-60 a person and get great food and bottomless champagne drinks. But I'm usually only going to do that on vacation not every sunday like some people tend to do.
Depends on the Veuve Clicquot. A regular bottle of Yellow Label goes for $30-60, but La Grande Dame goes for about $150. They don't specify which this is, so I'd assume Yellow Label.

ETA: I just checked their website and it is Yellow Label.

csmat99

Depends on the Veuve Clicquot. A regular bottle of Yellow Label goes for $30-60, but La Grande Dame goes for about $150. They don't specify which this is, so I'd assume Yellow Label.

ETA: I just checked their website and it is Yellow Label.
I know you can get it between 30-60 but that is direct from wine store. Restaurants and bars will mark it up at least double normally 3 times. Why I said you will pay between 100-150 there if purchasing it a la carte.

elhefe4

I know you can get it between 30-60 but that is direct from wine store. Restaurants and bars will mark it up at least double normally 3 times. Why I said you will pay between 100-150 there if purchasing it a la carte.
True. I've gotten it as low as $80/bottle at a restaurant before but I don't know what STK charges regularly. I usually try to compare alcohol prices to retail, but that's just my personal preference.

csmat99

True. I've gotten it as low as $80/bottle at a restaurant before but I don't know what STK charges regularly. I usually try to compare alcohol prices to retail, but that's just my personal preference.
Understood but in this case some people were saying that deal was very expensive and I was just trying to break down what you get compared to what you would pay a la carte at that restaurant. But you are right when ordering bottles I always try and see how much compared to what I would pay at store. I mean I don't mind paying $75-80 for bottle when I can get it for 40 but when they try and charge me $130 for a $40 bottle is where I say no.

elhefe4

Understood but in this case some people were saying that deal was very expensive and I was just trying to break down what you get compared to what you would pay a la carte at that restaurant. But you are right when ordering bottles I always try and see how much compared to what I would pay at store. I mean I don't mind paying $75-80 for bottle when I can get it for 40 but when they try and charge me $130 for a $40 bottle is where I say no.
Gotcha, I misunderstood your point. Thanks for clarifying. I'm the same way with bottle prices.

Hockey89

LOL you crack me up, "putting parmesan and truffle on fries makes them not fries anymore". LOL I don't know why everyone is having such a hard time with the idea that there are restaurants that serve amazing high end food that actually give you a meal and not everything ala carte. Just because you name a few that serve that way does not mean that they are the only ones that serve food at that level. The most "popular" ones do this so that mean every single restaurant is the same way? You are not even open to the concept that there are millions of restaurants in this country and that not all of them fit into your little mold. OMG , you got a baked potato with your steak, it must have been a choice cut, not the prime.
You are the only one having a hard time...Every other single person gets it..... Sooooo mmmmmm Lets see everybody is wrong but you....Got it.

Hockey89

Maybe it is where you live. I know in the bigger cities like NYC and Chicago that is what the steak houses do. Probably because they can get away with it. The market is willing to accept that. Not where I live, in the middle of the country where steak is king and is served at almost every single restaurant. And you can not serve a bad steak otherwise you won't last long here. Way too much competition for diners, even at the high end side, to just serve a steak on a plate.
If you think it's just NYC and Chicago, you need to get out more.... If the local places you are talking about don't dry age at least 60 days, I wont even consider it good... Sorry.... If it's not great grass fed beef, I wont consider it either... If you want real beef only Japan A5 is the only option... I don't think you get that in Iowa.... If it's just your mid west prime steak, please with that stuff.... Stop...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom