STK Menu Revamp

wdwfan22

Original Poster
It appears that STK is not performing as well as they have in other markets. Soon STK Orlando will receive a menu revamp (one can only assume more affordable options) as well as changes to the exterior signage to help boost their guests count.

roj2323

It might have something to do with their entrance being Upstairs. Since Marketplace opened I've only been up by their entrance once as there's really no reason to go up there unless you are exploring or headed somewhere specific.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
It appears that STK is not performing as well as they have in other markets. Soon STK Orlando will receive a menu revamp (one can only assume more affordable options) as well as changes to the exterior signage to help boost their guests count.

Here is the original article...

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/business/consumer/os-cfb-restaurant-retail-1003-20160926-story.html

Yes, they are getting rid of some of the higher priced steaks and are changing the signage to make it more clear that it is a restaurant.

djkidkaz

I think it's just too high end. When the most recommended place to eat is Blaze Pizza, I think that tells you a lot about what people are looking for. Morimoto and Boathouse fill the bill for a nice, fancy dinner while not breaking the bank. STK just way out priced themselves.

Sped2424

I think it's just too high end. When the most recommended place to eat is Blaze Pizza, I think that tells you a lot about what people are looking for. Morimoto and Boathouse fill the bill for a nice, fancy dinner while not breaking the bank. STK just way out priced themselves.
what boathouse breaks my bank hard lol

flyerjab

On a trip we took over the summer, we are at a lot of the new restaurants: D-Lux Burger, Frontera Cucina, Art Smith's Homecoming, STK, as well as Tiffins in DAK. Later on we tried Blaze and the revamped Flying Fish.

Being a steak fan I was really looking forward to STK. All things considered I was most disappointed with STK. The staff was great, but the food for the price was just ok. If I am paying that much, the entire dining experience needs to be great. And this wasn't. From that list above, I would choose every other place over STK.

And for the record, Tiffins is also on par with STK in terms of price, but Tiffins is a culinary experience that is fabulous from start to finish. STK needs to figure out how to match that.

mm121

I'm trying to remember what stk looks like and where it is

has it been opened long?

thats insane if stk was priced even higher than the boathouse its pretty dang steep but at least its got a view

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I'm trying to remember what stk looks like and where it is

has it been opened long?

thats insane if stk was priced even higher than the boathouse its pretty dang steep but at least its got a view

I believe it opened around May of this year. It is on the old pleasure island across the path from where Adventure's Club used to be, and where the Edison will be.

upload_2016-10-1_21-25-35.png

mm121

I believe it opened around May of this year. It is on the old pleasure island across the path from where Adventure's Club used to be, and where the Edison will be.

View attachment 166319
cool, thanks

over by the train station bathrooms

less than 6 months must mean sales are way under expectations, places typically dont make huge changes till the year mark

maybe DS does have a ceiling pricepoint afterall

Gatorboy

cool, thanks

less than 6 months must mean sales are way under expectations, places typically dont make huge changes till the year mark

i've had dinner there twice. It has good food and it cost about $100 per person, adults with a few drinks each. the food & price compared with a Shula's, Ruth Chris, Capital Grille. The problem is imagine eating a fine steak in a Disco, music was way too loud and hard to hear your conversation. If I eat there again, I'll eat outside

MarkTwain

Personally, I think it says a lot that the longest lines at Disney Springs can usually be found at Earl of Sandwich.... One of the best values at WDW for inexpensive dining.

I question how many families exist at WDW that are willing to spend on a restaurant priced like STK, at least when there aren't characters or a castle view involved. Restaurants like V&A or Monsieur Paul exist, but there's probably a limit.

Phicinfan

Personally, I think it says a lot that the longest lines at Disney Springs can usually be found at Earl of Sandwich.... One of the best values at WDW for inexpensive dining.

I question how many families exist at WDW that are willing to spend on a restaurant priced like STK, at least when there aren't characters or a castle view involved. Restaurants like V&A or Monsieur Paul exist, but there's probably a limit.
Gotta agree, my family and I LOVE Earl of Sandwich, for the price and the quality and food you get. No way would we as a family afford, nor really want to go to a restaurant like STK.
That being said, I could see couples wanting something that nice, my wife and I went to WDW for our honeymoon, and we would have loved to have tried that with just the two of us.

flyerjab

cool, thanks

Of all of the new locations opening up not at just DS but across the resort as a whole, this is the one that actually disappointed me.

I actually really like the look of the restaurant's exterior. And the views from the outdoor seating are really nice, especially in the evening. The problem is that the menu did not wow me, nor did the actual food itself. And the wait staff was fine and all, but really, when you go there in the very early afternoon, and no one was downstairs, and the upstairs only had one other location, I would expect great service.

If you are going to charge some of the highest price points for the food, the dining experience needs to truly be an 'experience'. And it just wasn't for us. My cut of steak was good, but it wasn't incredible. We have eaten multiple times at The Boathouse, Morimoto's Asia, Art Smith's Homecoming, Frontera Cucina (excellent establishment), D-Lux and Blaze Pizza (great pizza). And this is no joke; going into each of those locations, and considering how each is specifically priced along with the menu selection and expected level of service, we truly enjoyed each of those and could not wait to return. For STK, we left feeling that it was okay, but a bit too expensive.

In contrast, an equally expensive location is Tiffins and the Nomad Lounge at DAK. We go down to WDW with a group, and everyone agreed that Tiffins was VERY pricey, but in the end it was worth every penny. The service was excellent each time, and the menu items, albeit on the adventurous side, were some of the best meals that we have had. Each one is a work of art, which sort of goes along with the decor of the restaurant itself. There are artistic touches throughout that entire location, with experiences of the Imagineers detailed on the walls from their numerous trips they took when researching the design of DAK. The fulfillment of a rich dining experience is there to be had at Tiffins. This is what we would have expected from STK, but in the end just did not get it. Thus, a bit of a disappointment.

Sans Souci

It's funny that you mention Morimoto. There is one in my city and the menu and price point are completely different than the one at DS. It's almost as if they anticipated the menu at the other Morimoto locations wouldn't be successful at DS.

TimeTrip

It's funny that you mention Morimoto. There is one in my city and the menu and price point are completely different than the one at DS. It's almost as if they anticipated the menu at the other Morimoto locations wouldn't be successful at DS.
I was disappointed in the Morimoto menu at DS, because it felt dumbed down for the Disney audience. Would your menu comparison back up this feeling?

Sans Souci

I was disappointed in the Morimoto menu at DS, because it felt dumbed down for the Disney audience. Would your menu comparison back up this feeling?

I think they are trying please an assortment of palates. It's like a cross between a sushi bar and a PF Chang's. I don't think many people are willing to risk $100+ on omakase and that's ok. :) They accept DDP, so cost-wise, they probably have to work within those limits.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom