Stitch's Supersonic Celebration set to close

Captain Hank

Ah...So SSC takes the cake for 2 Months. Interesting...:drevil::lol:
Yup. I just looked through the WDW Library and Research Center's historical dates listing for the 90s, and the Goosebumps show doesn't even have a listing. However, I did find out that The Magical World of Barbie managed to live on for over two years at the America Gardens Theater in Epcot.

EPCOT Explorer

Yup. I just looked through the WDW Library and Research Center's historical dates listing for the 90s, and the Goosebumps show doesn't even have a listing. However, I did find out that The Magical World of Barbie managed to live on for over two years at the America Gardens Theater in Epcot.

PLEASE, please do not bring up the horrid point in time when Barbie was in EPCOT. Thank you.:brick::ROFLOL:

hrcollectibles

In my Ron Burgundy Voice "Ladies and gentlemen, can I please have your attention. I've just been handed an urgent and horrifying news story. I need all of you, to stop what you're doing and listen. Disney has seen the err of their ways. They will be closing Down Stitches Supersonic Celebration.. To add seating, Covering. Once reopened they will be broadcasting the American Idol Experience from Disney's Hollywood Studios into The new American Idol Stage. They will also be holding auditions there, just like the real American Idol Show. And just like the real American Idol Auditions this is where they will showcase the um... not so talented" :ROFLOL::ROFLOL:

And whats wrong with the Personal life of the creator of Stitch?

In all seriousness how do we know they are not closing it just to add seating and perhaps a covering then reopening the show?

GymLeaderPhil

Coming Soon: The DVC Experience Extravaganza Live on Stage! :lookaroun

Meanwhile at Disneyland... wait there's a domestic park delivering quality additions and entertainment?

Hopefully when a certain person in management fulfills her promised bet of walking down Disneyland's Main Street in Lakers themed Mickey Ears after tonight's game (TRUE!) she would be wise to take in a couple attractions to see how it should be done.

lnsemsf

Remember that Alien Encounter itself was only open for a few weeks before it was shut down for 6 months to change the show. That may be the shortest lived attraction before major modification. It is at least the shortest lived one that I can remember off the top of my head at 4:45am.

I'd assume that the show will be down a few weeks or months for a re-write and possibly, hopefully, to be at least partially covered. That stage wasn't cheap to build, they will put something there as soon as they can.

PKD

Show will go on.....

The current schedule is to do the following while the show is temporarily dark...

New lighting & sound package to allow for night shows.
Retooling of the show to attract more guest.

Possibly add shade as well as benches or seating. (this is on and off the table)

The current show is considered a "hit" with its target audience, young kids. (This is how MK Ent sees it)

The show buildings are NOT being removed.

Jasonflz

The current schedule is to do the following while the show is temporarily dark...

Possibly add shade as well as benches or seating. (this is on and off the table)

The current show is considered a "hit" with its target audience, young kids. (This is how MK Ent sees it)

Let's hope this means getting rid of Stitch.:)

chaggy102

Meanwhile at Disneyland... wait there's a domestic park delivering quality additions and entertainment?

Hopefully when a certain person in management fulfills her promised bet of walking down Disneyland's Main Street in Lakers themed Mickey Ears after tonight's game (TRUE!) she would be wise to take in a couple attractions to see how it should be done.

Meg won't be going to Disneyland...atleast that's not how the original bet was written up; If the Lakers win, Crofton will don a pair of Lakers' purple and gold mouse ears and walk down Main Street, U.S.A. at Walt Disney World Magic Kingdom.

castevens

1 Stitch down, 2 to go.:lookaroun

Hahaha very true. I couldn't even bring myself to go to Tomorrowland if I was in WDW before November. TL used to be my favorite land in all the parks, but now it's just an old classic desparately in need of an update, BLSRS, SSC, SGE, and the speedway...... so sad :(

bears163

people are tired of stich. yeah it was good in the beginning but it is old news but yet they keep putting stich in EVERYTHING. there are so many other things & better things they can do. & the stich replacement of AE....epic fail

krankenstein

I think that would go a long way in helping the show.

bgraham34

people are tired of stich. yeah it was good in the beginning but it is old news but yet they keep putting stich in EVERYTHING. there are so many other things & better things they can do. & the stich replacement of AE....epic fail

I don't think its that people are tired of stitch. Kids do love them. My friends kid who is 6 loves the monster but we hate him. Disney justs wants more things to occupy the kids who cares if the parents hate it.

drew81

Original Poster

This would really help.

hardcard

shade structures are a stupid idea, and would jack with the overall motif in tomorrowland... No one needs seating or a shade structure for the captain jack sparrow show.. No one gets a seat and an umbrella for 3pm parade..

Suck it up wussies, or you'll end up like humanity in Wall-E.. ;)

EPCOT Explorer

Although an Up themed attraction would technically fit into Adventureland it doesn't sit well with me. Now that there is a Pixar Place I feel that any new Pixar additions should be placed there, at least until that land is a bit more substantial.
Agreed...But done in good taste, Up would be nice.

I was thinking of that...I wonder if she will notice anything different...:drevil:
shade structures are a stupid idea, and would jack with the overall motif in tomorrowland... No one needs seating or a shade structure for the captain jack sparrow show.. No one gets a seat and an umbrella for 3pm parade..

Suck it up wussies, or you'll end up like humanity in Wall-E.. ;)

OOoooh! Make the new show about him!

devoy1701

Stitch was born out of an Eisner initiative to get "edgier" in animation. That tells me Eisner never really understood Disney animation. Track the history of the character and the artist who created Stitch. Not saying he is not talented, just not Walt-esque. Lasseter is Walt-esque.

By the way, the guy who created Stitch is not with Disney anymore.

Do you forget that Eisner's Era also brought us:

Lion King
Little Mermaid
Beauty and the Beast
Aladdin
Tarzan
Hercules

I think Eisner had a pretty good idea of what was needed to produce a compelling Disney Animated Feature.

Hats off to Jeffrey Katzenberg for a good amount of those as well. I think he was gone by the time Tarzan and Hercules was released though.

All studios go though an Ebb and Flow pattern with their movies that make it big though...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom