Stitch's Supersonic Celebration set to close

wdwmomof3

Dang, that was quick! I watched it on youtube and I have to agree that it's awful. Maybe they will come up with something better for that space. Almost anything would be better than that.

Chrononymous

huh. If this is true, then I actually find it a little sad.

I am certainly no fan of Stitch in his ever annoying presence in Tomorrowland...
but as a performer, I know what it's like to put so much belief and energy into a show that is obviously faltering. I just feel sorry for all the planners, designers and performers who worked on this thing, even though it's not popular (and clearly a misguided attempt.)

You think they would at least give it the rest of the year.

Captain Chaos

huh. If this is true, then I actually find it a little sad.

I am certainly no fan of Stitch in his ever annoying presence in Tomorrowland...
but as a performer, I know what it's like to put so much belief and energy into a show that is obviously faltering. I just feel sorry for all the planners, designers and performers who worked on this thing, even though it's not popular (and clearly a misguided attempt.)

You think they would at least give it the rest of the year.

Not for nothing, but it is a failure because of the planners and designers of the show... The performers were the unfortunately victims of a badly designed show...

RSoxNo1

Although an Up themed attraction would technically fit into Adventureland it doesn't sit well with me. Now that there is a Pixar Place I feel that any new Pixar additions should be placed there, at least until that land is a bit more substantial.

jt04

Track the history of the artist who created him huh?
If you don't like how the man lives his personal life -- fine. Why take it out on his cartoon character?

Please, please step down from your soapbox and put the Lasseter is the "New Walt" crap to rest.

Chris Sanders was one of Disney's top talent, and will be a great addition to Dreamworks. I for one wish he were still in the Hat building cranking out original stories and cartoons -- not another princess movie.

Why isn't Stitch Disney?
Have you ever seen a Mickey Mouse cartoon from the 1930's? Walt's Mickey Mouse? The kind were Mickey was a fun, mischief loving creature just like a little blue alien everyone seems to bash now, not the lame corporate soul less icon he is now. I pine for the days of 'Plane Crazy' and Steamboat Willie.'

I agree they have given him too much exposure and a crap attraction and dance party, but that's WDI and entertainments fault.

Eisner understood enough to save The Walt Disney Company's after Ron Miller helped run it into the ground. He may not have been the best in his last few years, but give the man his due.

He brought in the talent that give us the second golden age.

OK. Rant over.
Back to your regular scheduled Stitch-bashing.

I have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. And especially about his personal life. You are way off the deep end with this post. His art is not Disney. I do stand by that.

As for Eisner, yes he knew how to exploit the talents of others, that is what good CEO's do. I give Eisner plenty of credit, but as soon as Jeff K. starting holding back his best efforts for his own future, the 2nd "golden age" ended. Eisner was only as good as the people he surrounded himself with. I'm sure he would be the first to admit that.

jt04

^Well done.

No it was not. It was an emotional outburst based on groundless assumptions. I never said anything about the artists personal life because I have NEVER heard anything about it. His art is not Disney. That is all I said. But I sure did touch a nerve. Now I have to find out what all the fuss is over.

Captain Hank

So, if this is true, that would mean that Light Magic, Splashtacular and (IIRC) the Goosebumps Magic Show were all around longer than Stitch's Supersonic Celebration. Wow.

jt04

Last I checked, Stitch was a Disney movie, therefore making him a Disney character... Not like he was made by WB and then put in the parks... Seriously jt, you are better than that :)

I'm definitely better than to respond to this bait. You are better than to try that. :)

Captain Hank

How long were those around?:lol:
Each existed for at least 3-4 months. I'm having trouble pinning down opening/closing dates for the Goosebumps Horrorland Fright show, though. It might have been around for a whole year.

How long was "Let's Have a Ball!" around for? That one was pretty awful, too.

Rob562

It was bulldozed to become a parking lot for management.

I think the more accurate description would be that Galaxy Palace was bulldozed to become parking for management, who had their normal parking lot on World Drive taken over for Space Mountain staging and construction worker parking...

-Rob

Tarzan266

I actually like Stitch as a character. He is sort of the anti-Disney character and in that case, he's different from all the other characters. (As the ad said when the movie came out, "There's one in every family.") And you have to admit that kids do like him and some can even relate to him. I think Stitch fits nicely in Tomorrowland, but I did not hear good things about this show. I didn't even mind when I first heard they were including Stitch in Alien Encounters. I thought it could be a new twist on an aging attraction. Unfortunately, I was a little disappointed in that one as I was hoping it would be more creative and fun.

Anyway, I do think Stitch is a good character, but they just haven't been able to put him to very good use at the parks. Stitch's Great Escape was good enough, I just think it needs to be punched up a little big more. And I wouldn't mind a Stitch-related show in Tomorrowland, but make it entertaining for kids AND adults.

EPCOT Explorer

Each existed for at least 3-4 months. I'm having trouble pinning down opening/closing dates for the Goosebumps Horrorland Fright show, though. It might have been around for a whole year.

How long was "Let's Have a Ball!" around for? That one was pretty awful, too.
Ah...So SSC takes the cake for 2 Months. Interesting...:drevil::lol:
I think the more accurate description would be that Galaxy Palace was bulldozed to become parking for management, who had their normal parking lot on World Drive taken over for Space Mountain staging and construction worker parking...

-Rob
This is interesting, too...Anyone wanna head down World Drive?

Spyne

Um...wow. That was quick, but it isn't too surprising. I wasn't a huge fan of the idea anyway. Oh well, Stitch's Supersonic Celebration had its (limited) time (if it is indeed gone), and hoping something worthwhile will take it's place.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom