Stitch's Supersonic Celebration set to close

drew81

Original Poster
The new Stitch's Supersonic Celebration show will be closing in 2 weeks. I'm not sure if the show will reopen down the road or be re-worked. This was the info I was given and of course things can change.

Captain Chaos

Wow really?? Or is this some bad passed on news??? One can only hope this is true... But dag that was quick.. I guess they realized this was a failure too late..

Oddysey

The new Stitch's Supersonic Celebration show will be closing in 2 weeks. I'm not sure if the show will reopen down the road or be re-worked. This was the info I was given and of course things can change.

I wouldn't be at all suprised, but what is your source?

drew81

Original Poster
I think if they had put benches and some type of shade covering that would get more guests to watch it. Maybe it will re-open with a new story/script but I just haven't heard anything else on it yet.

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
I think if they had put benches and some type of shade covering that would get more guests to watch it. Maybe it will re-open with a new story/script but I just haven't heard anything else on it yet.

That's right. We just got back from a week at WDW (6/5-6/12) and even though I was aware of the new show, our family lost interest when we saw the seating and lack of shade. We live in Indiana and we're not used to the heat/humidity anyway. We would've given the show a chance if it was more comfortable.

Disneyson 1

I wonder if it'll turn into that TLT Dance Party they have in DL... Just add shade & chairs, an ODV selling drinks and snacks, beam a DJ from the "past" into the venue, and they'll be good.

the-reason14

I dont see why they decided to build a new stage, directly in the sun, when they already had a theater that they could have used. They should have just put it in the galaxy theater. That way, it could have been easily replaced with something else, and they would have already had seating and stuff for people who wanted to watch it.

Jasonflz

1 Stitch down, 2 to go.:lookaroun

:sohappy: Thread win!

I dont see why they decided to build a new stage, directly in the sun, when they already had a theater that they could have used. They should have just put it in the galaxy theater. That way, it could have been easily replaced with something else, and they would have already had seating and stuff for people who wanted to watch it.

The Galaxy Theater was torn down for storage space.

jt04

I wonder if it'll turn into that TLT Dance Party they have in DL... Just add shade & chairs, an ODV selling drinks and snacks, beam a DJ from the "past" into the venue, and they'll be good.

Seems like they could add fabric shade "strips" over the top similar to how they add shade to open markets in equatorial areas. Just connect it to the top edges of the TTA.

Or better yet, bulldoze those new buildings and the Skyway building and start over with some fresh "sci-fi" cool attraction. :cool:

Disneyson 1

Seems like they could add fabric shade "strips" over the top similar to how they add shade to open markets in equatorial areas. Just connect it to the top edges of the TTA.

Or better yet, bulldoze those new buildings and the Skyway building and start over with some fresh "sci-fi" cool attraction. :cool:

Well, SOMETHING has got to be in TL at least until SM is refurbed. The cloth - YES! maybe imbedded with fiber optics...?

(sorry for the double-post!)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom