Stitch's Great Escape

ajkraz

Original Poster
I noticed on the homepage that Stitch's Great Escape has become a seasonal ride, can someone explain to me why it has become seasonal? I know that it's not the most popular ride ever but why this ride? It's in a great spot and doesn't take too many cast members to operate.

drizgirl

I noticed on the homepage that Stitch's Great Escape has become a seasonal ride, can someone explain to me why it has become seasonal? I know that it's not the most popular ride ever but why this ride? It's in a great spot and doesn't take too many cast members to operate.

Because Disney doesn't want to pay to staff it every day.

Apparently running a 24% margin in the parks isn't enough.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
It is very unpopular. It's scores the lowest guest rating of any WDW attraction.

mergatroid

I don't care for it, nor do my children, but my husband LOVES it. Well, maybe "love" is a strong word, but it was our very first attraction so he "makes" us ride it every trip.

Can't say we love it either, especially in comparison to other attractions but we do enjoy it.

The Empress Lilly

Stitch's fate is more complicated than seasonal. It was closed indefinitely last fall. Then plans for replacement, for TL's overhaul, seemed to have stalled. Then suddenly, this month, Stitch was announced as going to be operated seasonally, for now.

Personally, I think the MK is better with than without Stitch. It's not a great attraction, but if you understand what it is trying to do, it is not the worst attraction on property either, not even of the MK.

PatInCT

Alien Encounter may have been my favorite of all time... I went on it at least 3x every trip (my wife, maybe once). Stitch is "fine" at best, the chili dog burp ruins it for me personally. Let's put something in there though.

HonorableMention

Now that it's seasonal, does anyone know how the actual quality of the show is doing? Last I remembered the effects weren't working well and it seems like the Stitch AA hasn't been in its best shape lately.

PatInCT

Wanted to go on it last night and it closed at 6p... even though there were very long waits everywhere. The line to go on even the Peoplemover was something I've never seen before. Should have left Stitch open when all the attractions are running 50-100 minutes.

Bairstow

One of the few bad memories of WDW for us. My daughter 5 or 6 at the time, in the restraint, hysterical, and all I could do was watch. Tough one.

This thing has been a guest relations nightmare.
At this point the attraction is worth more to Disney closed than open.

At least with Alien Encounter most parents had a better warning of what they were getting themselves into.

danyoung56

I've never been fond of the Stitch attraction, but I'm totally offended by Disney closing down attractions without replacing them. They did it with the entire Wonders of Life pavilion - lame!

PatInCT

At least with Alien Encounter most parents had a better warning of what they were getting themselves into.
If they would heed it! I gave some warnings myself for kids that I thought were too young, definitely saw my share of terrified 10-12 year old tough looking kids screaming to get out back in the day...

KrzyKtty

Heck, I was an
If they would heed it! I gave some warnings myself for kids that I thought were too young, definitely saw my share of terrified 10-12 year old tough looking kids screaming to get out back in the day...
Heck I was an adult and almost there with those kids! :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom