Stitch's Great Escape returns for the summer!

trainplane3

Isn't Splash Mountain closed over the summer? It would make sense to have it open to have some crowd relief.

As for riding it...it's good for being ac'd I guess. I did it once and it was worth the 5 minute wait.

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
Judging by the exclamation point in the thread's title I'll assume it's intended to be a positive, "Yay! Stitch is back" kinda thread.

While Stitch makes sense in Tomorrowland; I find his signature attraction obnoxious and extremely dull; a shell of it's former self. Don't get me wrong though, Although it does a poor job of connecting with it's target audience (and everyone else) I don't think the show's storyline is all "that bad" -- it just needed refinement. I wish Stitch would come back, to a new show.

It sucks that we will ultimately lose Stitch when more could have been done to salvage this attraction. I loved Alien Encounter and can even appreciate the Stitch overlay, somewhat. It's poor execution did it in. I hope Stitch can find another home. That's one IP that's deserving of a solid attraction.

Any chance the next IP takeover will utilize the same motion seats? It's was such a unique attraction concept shame to see it go completely.

Last edited:

uncle jimmy

Premium Member
As it stands the proposals so far for the space have eventually been deemed unsuitable.

SGE has reopened in the short term to attempt to maintain park capacity. It also helps it is in such a prominent location.
unsuitable? so will it stay as is or will it get another quick band-aid of a over-lay?

mimitchi33

Original Poster
It's not excitement. It's just a surprise!
And good thing I'm going in June, because Splash Mountain will be open then.

OFP-857

Im very happy! I didn't know it was reopened until today when I was at the park and noticed the exit doors in the gift shop were open. Ran out and saw my favorite Disney alien back in action. Of course I went in, and enjoyed the show.

Movielover

Woo Hoo...
giphy.gif

WEDwaydatamover

They only reopen it to keep capacity number$ flowing inward.

I saw the passholder preview of Stitch before it opened to the general public.

I tore up my annual pass that day and did not return to anything but the Polynesian, Contemporary or DTD for years.

I felt so insulted. Like Disney were spitting on people's brains. Stitch really is that bad. Not the character. The Unimagineering aspect.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom