Rumor Stitch's Great Escape Replacement— Don’t Hold Your Breath

DisneyFan18

Mary Poppins was already ruled out by Spirit(@WDW1974), and Martin said that it wasn’t the top contender around the time the election was made. So unless something drastic happened, I wouldn’t put my hopes on it. If you want to know or discuss more about it, I would recommend the UK Pavillion thread. Since @Magic Feather asked us to not go off topic a few posts ago...

prberk

I know the FEA argument, but wouldn't Mary Poppins better compliment the existing aesthetic of the U.K. pavilion more than Alice in (Fantasyland)/Wonderland would?

I agree completely; that is, IF an IP has to be involved. They could actually do something that might, say, let Mary Poppins take you on tour, by flight, of some of Great Britain's iconic sights; and in so doing, keep more-or-less with EPCOT edutainment model.

Doubt they care about that any more, but they should. It helps EPCOT rise above the clutter.

Now back to our regularly-scheduled programming...

prberk

Am I the only one that genuinely loved Alien Encounter and would think it would be perfect just to bring that back? It was the perfect antidote to the plethora of children-centric rides at MK these days, and helped bring balance to the park. It was cool. And, yes, it warned you that it would be scary and have moments of complete darkness. If people chose not to read the warnings, they did so at their own peril.

By the way, I for one HATE rides like Kali because I hate to get drenched in any park other than a water park. It is an open invitation to chaffing and a miserable latter part of the day, unless you take time to go back to the hotel and change. That, on top of the fact that they have had the same ride at Busch Gardens and Kings Dominion for many years before this one, makes it a none-and-done for me, although I might try the queue since you all like it so much.

Bocabear

Am I the only one that genuinely loved Alien Encounter and would think it would be perfect just to bring that back? It was the perfect antidote to the plethora of children-centric rides at MK these days, and helped bring balance to the park. It was cool. And, yes, it warned you that it would be scary and have moments of complete darkness. If people chose not to read the warnings, they did so at their own peril.

By the way, I for one HATE rides like Kali because I hate to get drenched in any park other than a water park. It is an open invitation to chaffing and a miserable latter part of the day, unless you take time to go back to the hotel and change. That, on top of the fact that they have had the same ride at Busch Gardens and Kings Dominion for many years before this one, makes it a none-and-done for me, although I might try the queue since you all like it so much.
I agree with you! I thought Alien Encounter was great and a perfect note adding a little dimension to the offerings in the park...I also agree about Kali...I hate getting drenched in a park...a little spray is fun...but not drenched.

TROR

Well this is sort of interesting? Can't really say a meet n greet is better than an attraction no matter how bad of an attraction it was, honestly.
DK_kdfcUMAAcDQE.jpg:large

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
I'm not so disappointed about this. What if long term plans actually changed it to the popular Stitch Encounter attraction? Then we could get something new over at Laugh Floor which has a more convenient amount of space for a new attraction.

trainplane3

I wonder if they'll have the M&G in the show chamber. If not, wouldn't it be nice if they started ripping out the Stitch stuff inside while the M&G was going on? Have construction be moving along when they go to announce to replace it. Imagine having to wait only 1 year from announcement versus the usual "3 years away but we'll break ground next month" wait.

Or even better, "Alien Encounter" could be some low level hinting going on. I completely doubt it though.

TwilightZone

Well this is sort of interesting? Can't really say a meet n greet is better than an attraction no matter how bad of an attraction it was, honestly.
Wait is this legit? If so, call me disappointed.
edit: just looked it up, it's legit and my legal name is now disappointed. Unless of course the meet n greet is with the animatronic, but I doubt it.

Last edited:

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

December 15, 2016... called it!...
You're leaving out in the life cycle of a dying attraction the stage where it's gutted and sits empty for a while and then repurposed into a flex space or M&G before finally being renovated.

Last edited:

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
Meet & Potatoes are a dime a dozen around the parks. Eh, I'm neither surprised nor incredibly disappointed.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom