Stitch's Great Escape closing for 2 day refurbishment in March

I know I'm a 'nobody' on here, but I like the attraction.

tumblr_mkoqff8Dvm1qew6kmo1_500.gif

The Duck

Do we know why they changed it from Alien Encounter to Stitch's Great Escape?
Someone at Disney thought that being "Hip, edgy and cool" was a substitute for being imaginative.
Sadly, their definition of "Hip, edgy and cool" translated to being obnoxious. But hey, at least it wasn't scaring someone's precious 2 year old anymore.

Slowjack

Do we know why they changed it from Alien Encounter to Stitch's Great Escape?
A) corporate synergy & B) better fit, tone-wise, for the MK. To be fair, Alien Encounter did not have enduring popularity, either, but it certainly had its die-hard fans.

ChesterKiwi

ok everyone hates the attraction or so it seems anyway. so tell me, what would be a good replacement?
Gut it and make something not theater-based. The lines for SGE and the Laugh Floor should be good indicators to them how highly people think of two side-by-side theaters as soon as they enter Tomorrowland.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
A lot of the people who went on this attraction when I went valentines weekend actually seemed to enjoy it. Mostly teenage girls. They were screaming and laughing and everything. Who didn't enjoy it were adults and small children.

I've been on it enough times to just be kind of bored of it, but it was HILARIOUS listening to my gf's reactions! She loved it! :)

Also, the attraction wasn't in that bad of shape as everyone puts it.... The colors throughout the attraction are quite awesome. The only issue I saw was that advanced AA that talks to us in the pre-show, his left arm was spazzing.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
(Sorry for so many replies at once.)

Am I the only person who has ever thought that Disney should buy the right to Doctor Who and make this a Doctor Who-themed attraction? It could easily be the tardis!! Get ride of the seats and make a 360-degree screen in there, make the floor move like the elevator on Curse of Gringotts at Universal! That'd be pretty neat! :D

Then they could replace the Phineas and Ferb World Showcase thing with Doctor Who as well.. Imagine the amount of business Disney could make from this a well! THAT would actually be good competition against Harry Potter!

Communicore

Man I miss Alien Encounter, I guess since because I was a CM at the time and got to ride it during cast previews. They need to bring it back and call it under new management.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom