Stitch's Great Escape closing for 2 day refurbishment in March

MacVenture

The Stitch attraction is 7 mins of time I wish I could get back! If a time machine is ever invented, my first stop would be 2007 (my first time seeing the show) to warn myself to "Escape" from the queue and avoid the show like the plague. :D

WDWFantasmicFan

In my opinion, Stitch isn't a bad attraction - it just needs improvements. As with quite a few other attractions, it is old and needs updating - its an attraction that hasn't really been touched for years (and it shows...), but with a bit of TLC and upgrades, the attraction would actually be alright. Give Stitch some more high-tech, 'Philharmagic-esque' effects, and that would definitely be an improvement!

Bocabear

In my opinion, Stitch isn't a bad attraction - it just needs improvements. As with quite a few other attractions, it is old and needs updating - its an attraction that hasn't really been touched for years (and it shows...), but with a bit of TLC and upgrades, the attraction would actually be alright. Give Stitch some more high-tech, 'Philharmagic-esque' effects, and that would definitely be an improvement!
No...just no....
How about something original...
Or something entertaining..
I remember the HUGE lines for Alien Encounter...How about something futuristic?
how about anything other than Stitch...

KDM31091

Am I the only one really surprised this attraction is still even open? It has been what, ten years of bad reception? Does anyone even like it?

You'd think Disney would have gotten the point by now, and gotten enough complaints to change it up. Make an original futuristic attraction, or at least something based on something else! Stitch is not even as relevant as he was in 2004, anyway...don't see much of him anymore.

Bocabear

I would rather see Journey Into Your Imagination pre-Figment rather than sit through Stitch's Great Escape...
It will require a lot of money to change the attraction, so it is sitting until then....Even Stitch's Dance Party got a meh reception...
I wish they would send Stitch packing, and the Laugh Floor over to Hollywood Studios where it belongs, and create some new attractions that actually fit the theme of Tomorrowland...

Spike-in-Berlin

Refurbishing? Closing down for good would be more adequate, TL is already badly in need of some new attractions.
I just don't get it, WHY do they still keep it? Honestly, WHO likes SGE, hands up please!

ZachS

There aren't many attractions that I truly dislike at WDW, Stitch is one of them though. The other is Captain Eo.

Most things I can still appreciate even if I don't really like it, not these two. I'd be very happy if they were replaced.

ChesterKiwi

There aren't many attractions that I truly dislike at WDW, Stitch is one of them though. The other is Captain Eo.

Most things I can still appreciate even if I don't really like it, not these two. I'd be very happy if they were replaced.
I can deal with hating SGE, but as a huge Michael Jackson fan you've stabbed a dagger into my heart by saying you hate EO.

:cry:

rct247

The only problem with Stitch getting a refurbishment means that it may stick around longer.

It also sounds like this quick refurbishment will focus majority on lighting and carpet cleaning. Not everything will get the attention it needs.

Last edited:

mikenatcity1

I brought a friend of mine to WDW in December (her first time in decades). We did almost every attraction...including Stitch. The last couple days, she said she wouldn't mind if we did any attraction again. While walking through Tomorrowland, we stopped and she said "no...it was horrible and broken"...this was the only attraction she wanted to skip (well, that and the Frozen Sing-along).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom