Still get KTTW cards

OswaldTheRabbit

Original Poster
So I just signed up for magic bands and + and was wondering if we still get KTTW cards.

Also are you still able to pull regular FP during testing?

savestheday

Yes, you will get the KTTW cards when you check in. We just got back home yesterday and were able to use the bands, as well as traditional Fastpasses with the keys, as well as some traditional Fastpasses with old keys (YMMV) during our recent stay.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
We arrived at POP yesterday. Our customized bands were waiting for us, plus we were still given keys. Haven't used them once!

My 41 year old SIL is now determined to "bling out" her pink band with the MagicBand version of Jibbitz (you know what I mean). There are almost as many bands with accessories as plain ones. Guess I was wrong. I couldn't imagine anyone wanting to make them even heavier.

Off topic , but if you are wondering about the convenience of the bands - phenomenal. Comfort - not so much. Not for me at least. My SIL and nephew find them more comfortable than I do, but I noticed that they too have to take them off to sleep.

OswaldTheRabbit

Original Poster
We arrived at POP yesterday. Our customized bands were waiting for us, plus we were still given keys. Haven't used them once!

My 41 year old SIL is now determined to "bling out" her pink band with the MagicBand version of Jibbitz (you know what I mean). There are almost as many bands with accessories as plain ones. Guess I was wrong. I couldn't imagine anyone wanting to make them even heavier.

Off topic , but if you are wondering about the convenience of the bands - phenomenal. Comfort - not so much. Not for me at least. My SIL and nephew find them more comfortable than I do, but I noticed that they too have to take them off to sleep.
Oh thanks for letting me know! They don't look comfortable at all but heck I won't even wear a watch.

I am sure my kids are going to want to bling them outs. Marketing geniuses at disney..... Only they could add accessories to huge jelly bracelets!

epcotisbest

Oh thanks for letting me know! They don't look comfortable at all but heck I won't even wear a watch.

I am sure my kids are going to want to bling them outs. Marketing geniuses at disney..... Only they could add accessories to huge jelly bracelets!
We were there a couple of weeks ago. They are selling all kinds of accessories for the bands...and even t-shirts! I don't really get it.

Chezman1399

I think it would depend on when you are going. For my trip, I don't think it will be an option. It wasn't something we could opt in or out of, and unlike the tests, which I think required you to customize your bands up to 10 days before the trip, mine have to be done 30 days before. I'm assuming that means they'll be live by late November, but who knows.

So ultimately I think it will depend on when your going and whether it will still be test or not.

G00fyDad

Yes, you will get the KTTW cards when you check in. We just got back home yesterday and were able to use the bands, as well as traditional Fastpasses with the keys, as well as some traditional Fastpasses with old keys (YMMV) during our recent stay.

You mean that you were able to use old KttW cards to get FP's? I hope I read that correctly. I have a ton of these things. LOL

Revrep22

Here's another question.....Can you use the magic band to open the gate when you drive to your resort, or do you still have to use the KTTW card to do that?

G00fyDad

It would be nice if they had powerful enough transmitter/receivers installed that they could read the band without you having to stop and touch anything. Sort of like a Sunpass.

OswaldTheRabbit

Original Poster
It would be nice if they had powerful enough transmitter/receivers installed that they could read the band without you having to stop and touch anything. Sort of like a Sunpass.
Someone on this forum had mentioned the battery in the bands is for distance transmission so maybe that is what it is for!

G00fyDad

Someone on this forum had mentioned the battery in the bands is for distance transmission so maybe that is what it is for!

Maybe, but I believe that the transmission from the bands is for tracking purposes in the parks. As you walk by certain areas they can tell that it was you, what time you were there, and how often you walked by that area. Of course, it wouldn't be too hard to re-purpose it for gate entry. Of course this may cause issues elsewhere. For example, those that like to fill up the Contemporary parking lot for a "breakfast ADR" that they do not have so they can hop on the monorail and have easier parking might get popped for this if the bands go live for gate entry.

OswaldTheRabbit

Original Poster
Maybe, but I believe that the transmission from the bands is for tracking purposes in the parks. As you walk by certain areas they can tell that it was you, what time you were there, and how often you walked by that area. Of course, it wouldn't be too hard to re-purpose it for gate entry. Of course this may cause issues elsewhere. For example, those that like to fill up the Contemporary parking lot for a "breakfast ADR" that they do not have so they can hop on the monorail and have easier parking might get popped for this if the bands go live for gate entry.
Really? I never considered that yet would track your movements in the parks aside from purchases and FP. A little creepy.....

dreamfinder

I think it would depend on when you are going. For my trip, I don't think it will be an option. It wasn't something we could opt in or out of, and unlike the tests, which I think required you to customize your bands up to 10 days before the trip, mine have to be done 30 days before. I'm assuming that means they'll be live by late November, but who knows.

So ultimately I think it will depend on when your going and whether it will still be test or not.

To get the bands shipped to your house, its 30 days in advance. Up to 10 days in advance you can pick up customized bands when you check in, anything less than 10 days or if you don't bother will just issue you grey bands when you check in.

G00fyDad

Really? I never considered that yet would track your movements in the parks aside from purchases and FP. A little creepy.....

Why? I have never understood this. Why is it creepy for a theme park to know if you passed Space Mountain three times or four? What nefarious things can any company do with this information? I am serious when I ask these things. I really do not get this. My father is the same way.

Dad - "The government is tracking our movements!!"
Me - "So what?"
Dad - "That should be illegal! I don't want them tracking what I do!!!!"
Me - "Why? Are you hiding something?"
DAD - "NO! I just don't want them to do it!"
Me - "Why?"
Dad - "Leave me alone. I don't want to talk about it anymore."

OswaldTheRabbit

Original Poster
Why? I have never understood this. Why is it creepy for a theme park to know if you passed Space Mountain three times or four? What nefarious things can any company do with this information? I am serious when I ask these things. I really do not get this. My father is the same way.

Dad - "The government is tracking our movements!!"
Me - "So what?"
Dad - "That should be illegal! I don't want them tracking what I do!!!!"
Me - "Why? Are you hiding something?"
DAD - "NO! I just don't want them to do it!"
Me - "Why?"
Dad - "Leave me alone. I don't want to talk about it anymore."
I guess for me I just don't see the purpose in it. But if they use it for safety reasons such as tracking a lost child then that could be a useful tool.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom