Steepolt chase ride in frontier land?

ppete1975

I believe one of the main issues was capacity as the intention was to have the guest on a horse, essentially in a circle vision 360 type cinema, the issue was quickly identified that having multiple guests on multiple horses quickly ruined the experience for each other.

It kind of works with one or two guests, but once you have more than that the illusion of the experience would be ruined by the other static (or almost) horses. The way I have heard it described was a kind of racing through the prairie on horseback, Cow Boys and Indians type thing. Sounds like it was way ahead of its time as the technology just wasn't available to pull something like that off.

That sounds more like early Disneyland, than Disneyworld Imagineering. There was a huge advancement there. Especially when you look at the rides on opening day of Disneyland.. compared to its 10 year anniversary.
Opening day.. this is all you had.. mostly ads, shops not related to Disney, cowboys and Indians and super cheap rides (minus jungle cruise).

http://www.ocregister.com/2015/07/1...ay-these-were-the-rides-and-exhibits-in-1955/

you will notice no matterhorn, no small world, no presidents no haunted mansion no pirates no 20000 leagues no tiki room...
this would have fit in nicely... if this had opened at Disneyworld it would already be closed.

Wsny11

I don't think it was deliberate. No smilies, no /s. And yes, correcting an idiom with an incorrect idiom would be irony.

It was deliberate, obviously, but if you don't believe me I could care less. Your malfunctioning sarcasm meter has certainly peaked my interest, however. I'll await your reply with baited breath. In the meantime, here is your emoji ;)

Last edited:

Goofyernmost

It was deliberate, obviously, but if you don't believe me I could care less. Your malfunctioning sarcasm meter has certainly peaked my interest, however. I'll await your reply with baited breath. In the meantime, here is your emoji ;)
I got it... that one and this one as well.

BenJacobs

It would never come to fruition, but I could imagine a steeplechase ride, similar to that at Blackpool Pleasure Beach, as maybe a C ticket attraction in the UK Pavilion. The station would be where the maze currently is, with track going into an expansion area behind the pavilion. It would require very little theming, so wouldn't cost that much - the station could just be covered rather than being inside an actual building, and the track(s) could just go round a garden area, which obviously isn't that expensive either.

Castle Cake Apologist

Oy. This was painful!

I AM................................hey this is star lord what has groot been saying?

I just don't even know what's happening at this point.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom