Staying Off-Site - When Do I Buy Park Tickets?

5Adults

Hi there; we're staying in an airbnb condo in Kissimmee next February 2017.
I'm wondering when I should go online or phone OTC to buy my theme park tickets? Also, I imagine they email us electronic tickets but I'm wondering if we don't want to lug around iPhones or a piece of paper all day, when and where do people staying off site get magic bands? Thanks!

RMichael21

Hi there; we're staying in an airbnb condo in Kissimmee next February 2017.
I'm wondering when I should go online or phone OTC to buy my theme park tickets? Also, I imagine they email us electronic tickets but I'm wondering if we don't want to lug around iPhones or a piece of paper all day, when and where do people staying off site get magic bands? Thanks!
When you order your tickets, you get a physical plastic card mailed to your billing address. You can use this to enter the parks. If you'd like, you can buy a MagicBand for about 20 bucks to be shipped to you (they're not complimentary like they are for Disney resort guests) and then link it to your MDE account.

Upvote 0

Neotericisis

As others have said, 30 days out at the very least so that you can register for fast passes with your full 30 day allotment. We found the best rates for our needs on parksavers (we got 5 day park hopper + waterpark). They emailed us our ticket codes which we then used to register for MDE. We are going to the Will Call desk for our physical ticket card, and if we chose, we can buy a magic band in the park for $12.99. They also have a wide array of fancy themed bands for $22.99. They hook it up for you right there for you. Good luck!

Upvote 0

ScottKC

You can buy tickets at your local Disney Store too, if so inclined. On my last trip I wasn't able to get tickets until Friday before my Saturday visit to the Magic Kingdom. I bought it at my offsite hotel...I just knew the only fast passes left would be to Stitch's Great Escape and I was stunned that I was able to get Space Mountain, Peter Pan's Flight and Seven Dwarfs Mine Train Fast Passes the day before my trip...and all of them were before 5PM.

Upvote 0

AndrewsJ

You can buy tickets at your local Disney Store too, if so inclined. On my last trip I wasn't able to get tickets until Friday before my Saturday visit to the Magic Kingdom. I bought it at my offsite hotel...I just knew the only fast passes left would be to Stitch's Great Escape and I was stunned that I was able to get Space Mountain, Peter Pan's Flight and Seven Dwarfs Mine Train Fast Passes the day before my trip...and all of them were before 5PM.
Do you mind if I ask how many were in your party?

Upvote 0

Wngo905

In the Parks
No
As others have said, 30 days out at the very least so that you can register for fast passes with your full 30 day allotment. We found the best rates for our needs on parksavers (we got 5 day park hopper + waterpark). They emailed us our ticket codes which we then used to register for MDE. We are going to the Will Call desk for our physical ticket card, and if we chose, we can buy a magic band in the park for $12.99. They also have a wide array of fancy themed bands for $22.99. They hook it up for you right there for you. Good luck!
Neotericisis,
I am looking into Parksavers, as I know nothing about them. I usually use TicketsAtWork or Undercovertourist, which send out actual ticket cards. Knowing Parksavers does not, has me question its difficulty.

Was what PS sent you easy to link to your MDE?

We are staying on property so I am not worried about the cards, I just want the cheapest tickets. Right now PS is cheaper that both TAW and UT for what we want. I need to make a decision by Sunday as that is our 60-day mark :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom