Staying Off Site Except for One Night

Amy McLaughlin

We are staying off site except for our last night in Disney. We are going to book at room at Art of Animation. My question is: Should we order tickets through the Hotel? Would we get magic bands that way? Since we are only staying on disney property for the last night, can we get magic bands for the beginning of the week?

nickys

Premium Member
We are staying off site except for our last night in Disney. We are going to book at room at Art of Animation. My question is: Should we order tickets through the Hotel? Would we get magic bands that way? Since we are only staying on disney property for the last night, can we get magic bands for the beginning of the week?

You will get a magic band with your reservation, not the ticket. So you can buy your ticket elsewhere if you want to. I assume you're planning to visit Disney for more than just the two days of your stay, so will want more than a 2 day ticket.

If you want magic bands for the first part of your visit then you can buy them. Once linked to MDE they will be good for fp+ but you cannot charge anything to them.

Upvote 0

dreamfinder

As the PP said, the magic bands come with the hotel reservation, and not the ticket. Assuming you are a US resident, and customize the bands more than 30 days before your trip, the bands should arrive at your house 10-14 days (if I recall correctly) before your hotel stay. So unless you are going to be leaving your house earlier than that, you should get them before your off property stay. They should work as soon as you receive them. If buy your tickets from a reputable 3rd party reseller such as Undercover Tourist, you can buy tickets for the duration of your entire vacation, use them with the Magic Bands, and most likely save a few bucks over buying the tickets direct from Disney. (Other resellers may or may not be cheaper than UT, but make sure they are reputable)
If you are not a US resident, or don't customize the bands at least 30 days in advance, they will be waiting at your hotel for your arrival.

Upvote 0

nickys

Premium Member
As the PP said, the magic bands come with the hotel reservation, and not the ticket. Assuming you are a US resident, and customize the bands more than 30 days before your trip, the bands should arrive at your house 10-14 days (if I recall correctly) before your hotel stay. So unless you are going to be leaving your house earlier than that, you should get them before your off property stay. They should work as soon as you receive them. If buy your tickets from a reputable 3rd party reseller such as Undercover Tourist, you can buy tickets for the duration of your entire vacation, use them with the Magic Bands, and most likely save a few bucks over buying the tickets direct from Disney. (Other resellers may or may not be cheaper than UT, but make sure they are reputable)
If you are not a US resident, or don't customize the bands at least 30 days in advance, they will be waiting at your hotel for your arrival.

Oh duh ;) I forgot about the bands being posted out! It's because we have to collect them at the resort....

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom