Staying in a DLP hotel

felipenor

Original Poster
Hi guys.

I'm taking a look at the options on DLP website.

1. If I book the Disney hotel directly from their website, the park tickets are included for all days, right? So if I'm staying 2 nights I get parks tickets for 3 days? For all guest?

2. I read somewhere if you're staying in a DLP hotel there is a free shuttle from the airport to the resort. Is that so?

3. Does the staff at DLP speak English? This is my first time in France and I read that most French people won't talk to you in English.

4. Is Fastpass different if you're staying in a DLP hotel?

Last edited:

erider

Hi guys.

I'm taking a look at the options on DLP website.

1. If I book the Disney hotel directly from their website, the park tickets are included for all days, right? So if I'm staying 2 nights I get parks tickets for 3 days? For all guest?

2. I read somewhere if you're staying in a DLP hotel there is a free shuttle from the airport to the resort. Is that so?

3. Does the staff at DLP speak English? This is my first time in France and I read that most French people won't talk to you in English.

4. Is Fastpass different if you're staying in a DLP hotel?

1. Yes, i'm pretty sure this is the case.
2. No. There is an official Disneyland Paris shuttle from the Charles de Gaulle and Orly airports to DLP, but it's not free. I don't know the exact price though.
3. Yes, in Disneyland Paris almost every cast member speaks English, although some very basic.
4. No, there is no difference in Fastpass, unless you stay in a suite (unlimited Fastpass) or the Golden Forest Club in Sequoia Lodge, Compass club in Newport Bay or Empire State club in New York hotel (1 Fastpass per day in addition to the ones you get in the park). Also all standard rooms at the Disneyland hotel have 1 Fastpass per day. If you stay in a Disney hotel you do have extra magic hours in the morning (usually from 8 until 10 am in the Disneyland Park).

fosse76

That's not even close to being true, at least not in the more tourist-friendly places in Paris. I believe Disney requires its front-line staff to speak both French and English. While I didn't stay at any of the Disney hotels, I had no problems in the parks (or anywhere else in Paris). You should be fine.

felipenor

Original Poster
That's not even close to being true, at least not in the more tourist-friendly places in Paris. I believe Disney requires its front-line staff to speak both French and English. While I didn't stay at any of the Disney hotels, I had no problems in the parks (or anywhere else in Paris). You should be fine.
I'm glad to hear that. My French is quite rusty.

JillC LI

I'm glad to hear that. My French is quite rusty.

Even the slightest effort will be most appreciated, and if the locals hear you struggling and speak English themselves (which most do), they will be happy to switch to English for you. I could speak a little French when we were there last summer, but the rest of my family couldn't at all. Nobody had any problem, and everyone we met in France was most friendly.

felipenor

Original Poster
Thanks for the help guys. A few more questions:

What should I expect from the complimentary breakfast that's included in the package?

When they say the hotel is a 15-minute walk to the park, is it anything like WDW where I'll be walking on a road with nobody else in sight?

Are the hotel restaurants open to everybody or only guests?

Swissmiss

Premium Member
The hotel breakfast is usually cereal, breads, pastries, sliced meats and cheeses, yogurt, fruit.

The walk from the hotel will not be on a road - for certain hotels it is actually thru the Disney Village, and for others it will be a pedestrian pathway.

With the exception of breakfast (for which you will be given entry tickets with an entry time) the hotel restaurants are open to all.

felipenor

Original Poster
Thanks, Swissmiss!

So I don't get to choose the breakfast time? Is it possible that I could lose the extra magic hours if I choose to have breakfast at the hotel? Or may I ask them for an earlier entry time?

Swissmiss

Premium Member
It'll depend on what time you arrive - I'm always arriving late so for the first morning I'm stuck with what is left. On my last visit, we were given the choice to take one of our breakfast times in one of the quick service restaurants in Fantasyland (exact same cold buffet as in the hotel) and we were able to get an 8:00 time slot for that morning. There isn't very much open for the extra magic hours so you don't really need the two hours.

If you haven't locked yourself into a Disney hotel, you may want to price out the cost of the annual pass (the one without restrictions) and a room in one of the "good neighbor hotels" (can't remember offhand if that is what they are called at DLP) - use each hotel's own website to price it as the direct prices are better than from the DLP website. The shuttle service is very good and with certain annual passes you still have early access plus discounts for food and in stores. I do this much more often then staying "on-site" as quite honestly I find the Disney hotels quite "tired" (and expensive) when I compare with WDW hotels.

Mad Stitch

I hope no one minds me asking a question that has been on my mind rather than starting another thread. I have an overnight flight landing in Paris at 8 am, so I should make it to the resort early morning sometime. I'm assuming my room will not be ready that early so can I leave my bag with the bell men and go to the park? I'm staying at the Cheyenne.

ScottKC

It was 16 years ago when I went, but I have nothing but positive memories of Disneyland Paris. The train will take you right to Disneyland Paris(for a fare) from the CDG airport.

My experience was that if you make any effort to speak French even if it's just saying good morning/good afternoon/thank you...people are very willing to help you out. It's actually kind of fun to start every conversation with a greeting(which is very important to the French), I suppose we tend to be more direct or rely on eye contact in the US. I developed a taste for Strawberry Crepes and I guess I could never get the pronunciation of "fraise" right because the vendors gave me a lesson EVERY time....then I used it at the next vendor and they gave me a different version...but they were all very friendly about it. The other thing I had a hard time with was saying "Eau" (Water) so I just learned to say "Evian" and I was set!

felipenor

Original Poster
I was contemplating either Cheyenne of Santa Fe, since they're about the same price. I've read Cheyenne is prettier, so I had my mind set on it. Now I've read though that the hotel is under refurbishments. Would that affect me in any way as a guest? Should I stay at Hotel Santa Fe instead?

erider

I was contemplating either Cheyenne of Santa Fe, since they're about the same price. I've read Cheyenne is prettier, so I had my mind set on it. Now I've read though that the hotel is under refurbishments. Would that affect me in any way as a guest? Should I stay at Hotel Santa Fe instead?
You can book a 'Texas' room at the Cheyenne which is a refurbished room. Those new rooms are really nice.

Michael Lambert

I really recommend the Hotel Santa Fe! I'd previously stayed at the Sequoia Lodge, Hotel New York and Newport Bay Club before staying at the Hotel Santa Fe, so I didn't have a lot of expectations. I was so pleasantly surprised. It's a fantastic hotel. The theming isn't as in your face as some of the others but it's still Disney theming, which is always good. I've written a blog about my stay there last year if you'd be interested?

felipenor

Original Poster
You can book a 'Texas' room at the Cheyenne which is a refurbished room. Those new rooms are really nice.
How do you select the Texas room? The only options I'm getting at their website are "Refurbished room with one double bed and a stow away bed" and "Refurbished room with two double bed." They're refurbished, but I'm not sure they're 'Texas' rooms.

felipenor

Original Poster
I really recommend the Hotel Santa Fe! I'd previously stayed at the Sequoia Lodge, Hotel New York and Newport Bay Club before staying at the Hotel Santa Fe, so I didn't have a lot of expectations. I was so pleasantly surprised. It's a fantastic hotel. The theming isn't as in your face as some of the others but it's still Disney theming, which is always good. I've written a blog about my stay there last year if you'd be interested?
Yes, please! Could you send me the link?

erider

How do you select the Texas room? The only options I'm getting at their website are "Refurbished room with one double bed and a stow away bed" and "Refurbished room with two double bed." They're refurbished, but I'm not sure they're 'Texas' rooms.
They used to call the refurbished rooms 'Texas' rooms, but I guess now they just call them ' Refurbished rooms'. When I look at some dates I see the ' refurbished rooms', but also other options like the ' Buffalo' room or the standard room. Anyway, if you book the ' refurbished' room then you will get the refurbished room :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom