Staying at WDW - What do housekeeping do with your kids' toys??

MISS MINNIE

Original Poster
We were at ASMo last July and both my kids' cuddly toys were arranged differently every day - in our bed, in their bed, on chairs etc.

The kids loved it and by the end of the holiday they couldnt wait to see what had been done with their toys.

I would like to know what everyone else has had done with their toys ;)

Piglet

When we stayed at Dixie Landing's I had bought several cuddly toys (for myself), and each day they were arranged differently too.

The room towels were made into boats and the like for the teds to sit in, and the remote control was often nearby so they could watch T.V.!!:D

I thought it was nice that staff took the time to do something that you wouldn't get in most "normal" hotels, but that's just Disney all over really! :)

kevlightyear

I stayed at Dixie Landings with my family a couple years ago and we hada all brought our favorite Disney Beanies. After the first day they had been arranged in the window in a line. After that they didn't move them any more. It was still a nice surprise. Gotta love that Disney touch!

The Mom

Premium Member
As I mentioned in a previous post, housekeeping would hide my son's giant(about 4' long) Komodo dragon behind the shower curtain, in the tub, under the bed, and climbing the bunk bed ladder. When my daughter was little, she had a smaller bear which went everywhere. The characters always had fun with it in the parks; picking it up, holding it in photos, etc.

The Mom

Premium Member
Last trip we stayed at AKL, other times we've stayed at Boardwalk,Poly,Contemporary,Disney Inn,& Carribean. We've stayed at each 3-4 times. We've only had the lizard a few years, so only the maids at Boardwalk & AKL have played the game.

WDW-Imagineer

Originally posted by kevlightyear
I stayed at Dixie Landings with my family a couple years ago and we hada all brought our favorite Disney Beanies. After the first day they had been arranged in the window in a line. After that they didn't move them any more. It was still a nice surprise. Gotta love that Disney touch!

I've seen that before at Dixie Landings. Some person had like 10 or 20 of those beanies and they were all lined up at the window. Who knows, maybe it was your room.. :eek:

sillyspook13

My sister encountered something else on a Disney 7 day cruise. Every day, there was a different towel animal in each of the rooms (she was there with friends in three consecutive rooms). They kept their animals in one of the rooms. On the last day, a whole towel zoo had been built by the maid-fences, buildings and all! My sister could not forget the towel cobra. She says that it did not look like a cobra...;)

Disney Maniac

When my family and I stayed at the BoardWalk Inn on our last trip, it was really a surprise for us four kids to come into our room (our parents had a connecting room) and see all of our stuffed animals arranged all over the place. Now with eight toys (we all brought two, including me:) ), our housekeeper got extremely creative.

Once, they placed one in the shower with the Mickey soaps and a washcloth (must have been the bear's towel:D ) and another on the floor with the remote. The rest were either tucked in for a mid-day nap or ready to take down phone messages with pen and pad in hand.

This creative use of children's playthings definitly adds to the experience, and it makes for great photos, too!

Ariel

So many times I've seen the toys lined up at the window or something passing by a room and thought how cute, never realizing that housekeeping did this. What a nice "extra" that adds...

Debbie

In March 1996 we stayed at the Disney Institute ($89.00 per nite!). My son was 13 months old at the time, so we brought his pack and play instead of getting baby bed. We set it up in the living room so my husband and I could have some private time in the next room. Every day when we came to the room to rest, Lil' Don's bed was made up with his baby Cabbage Patch tucked in the bed. I thought it was such a nice touch.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom