Staying At Port Orleans Riverside

Zoe_Disney17

Original Poster
Hi All,
When we visit WDW we will be there on my partners birthday, is there anything I can do or ask my hotel to arrange for me ( as a surprise for him ) to make his day extra special..
Looking forward to hearing some of your ideas
T.I.A

belledream

You can note the birthday on your reservation by calling. The CM checking you in should present you with a birthday pin upon check-in. Or you can just tell them upon check-in and they'll just give you one...so I guess it depends if you think the element of 'surprise' is worth the call. :p

There are various celebration packages you can buy through Disney that will be a little gift or something that will be waiting for you in your room, but I'm more partial to coming up with your own gift basket, special dinner, etc. It will probably be cheaper, and more worth it!

So with that said...ideas...you could always do a gift basket with Disney treats, favorite character plush, etc...but I'd be inclined to spend the money on an experience such as a fancy dinner you've always wanted to do, or a tour, etc.

Or...just go be kids and play in the park all day. :)

Zoe_Disney17

Original Poster
thank you for your reply belledream i will look into the packages i would really love for a birthday cake, maybe some balloons/decorations at our room, not sure if that is possible but worth an ask i suppose :)

Tuvalu

Premium Member
thank you for your reply belledream i will look into the packages i would really love for a birthday cake, maybe some balloons/decorations at our room, not sure if that is possible but worth an ask i suppose :)
It will not be possible for free. On any given day there are many people checking in to Disney resorts celebrating birthdays, anniversaries, engagements, graduations, etc. Disney is happy to provide the celebratory pins but if you want something more you will need to be prepared to pay for it....or bring your own items as @belledream sugfested.

drwadadli

There are endless possibilities....

1) Button that says Happy Birthday
2) Visit Disney Florist and Gift website (http://disneyworld.disneyfloralandgifts.com/home.do?rel=https://www.google.com/) ---- most are for kids but we found something for my dad there
3) Tell the restaurants that you go to (either when you make reservations or arrive to check-in) and most of the time they will do something. If you want to really embarrass, have a meal at Whispering Canyon at the Wilderness Lodge and tell them it is his birthday.

Zoe_Disney17

Original Poster
Thankyou for your reply @Tuvalu , i have every intention of paying, i just wasn't sure if they would bring the gifts to my room for when we arrived back so it was a surprise for him :)

BigDave

Love Port Orleans!!!

1) you can reserve a horse drawn carriage ride thru the resort. Not free, but romantic.
2) make sure all dining reservations know that it is special. My daughter just had free dessert at Be Out Guest...it was the grey stuff and she said it was delicious.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Thankyou for your reply @Tuvalu , i have every intention of paying, i just wasn't sure if they would bring the gifts to my room for when we arrived back so it was a surprise for him :)

The gifts/balloons/treats ordered through Disney florists may not be in your room upon check-in, but they should be some time during that day.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom