Staying at multiple resorts in one trip

PeterGriffin

Original Poster
I recently just changed my plans for my October Disney trip. My party will be staying 2 nights at the Beach Club. One night at the Polynesian. One night at the Wilderness Lodge and the last night at the All Star Sports. My questions is: Are there any problems that may arise with these plans? Do you have to tip bell services at both resorts(the checkout and check in)? About what time will your luggage arrive at each resort.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Bell Services can transport your luggage between resorts. The standard response is to allow 4 hours for your luggage to arrive at the next resort.

Since different handlers will be caring for your luggage at each location it is appropriate to tip at check out and check in.

The only issue you may have with multiple resorts is the inconvenience of not being able to get into your new room until after 4 pm on transfer day.

PeterGriffin

Original Poster
Bell Services can transport your luggage between resorts. The standard response is to allow 4 hours for your luggage to arrive at the next resort.

Since different handlers will be caring for your luggage at each location it is appropriate to tip at check out and check in.

The only issue you may have with multiple resorts is the inconvenience of not being able to get into your new room until after 4 pm on transfer day.
Thanks for the info. Any idea of how much to tip for bags?

PeterGriffin

Original Poster
Well that brings new meaning to the phrase "resort hopping".

Gotta ask, why all the transfers? Seems like it's a lot of work for only a night.
There were no deluxe resorts available for the whole week, so it was actually a better deal to do it this way. I got discounts on the Beach Club and Wilderness Lodge. The Polynesian was actually the cheapest deluxe resort to stay in, the night that I was looking for it.
We are also planning to do Food and Wine at Epcot, the first 2 days(Beach Club). And attend the Halloween party at the Magic Kingdom, the night we stay at the Polynesian.

correcaminos

Wow that's one heck of a split stay! I agree that the only issue is not being able to get into a room later in the day. That said I did online check in for a split stay and did my arrival at 8am the day of and just requested first available room and it was ready at about 10am. Enjoy the trip!

DisneyJoe

I recently just changed my plans for my October Disney trip. My party will be staying 2 nights at the Beach Club. One night at the Polynesian. One night at the Wilderness Lodge and the last night at the All Star Sports. My questions is: Are there any problems that may arise with these plans? Do you have to tip bell services at both resorts(the checkout and check in)? About what time will your luggage arrive at each resort.

There can sometimes be issues with the timing of luggage transfers, once we moved from Pop to Saratoga and my luggage didn't get to SSR until 7pm, and we were counting on it before then so we could change for dinner - so be prepared with each change. We had to work with the SSR bell services to find our bags, for some reason they had never been sent over from Pop. We wasted over 2 hours that night just getting our luggage.

AndrewsJ

You are bound to run into to multiple hiccups with all of these transfers. Going to waste a lot of time. Sounds like a nightmare.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
We did a split stay (Port Orleans FQ and AK Lodge) for the first time on out last trip and I have to say it was a pretty easy process. Bell services handled the bag transfer so we just left FQ for AK that morning, and returned to AK in the afternoon. Our room was ready by 2:00 and our bags arrived about an hour later. One thing to note is that they will not bring your bags to your room unless you are in the room.

With all that said, there is enough potential inconvenience that I would never try more then one transfer in a single trip.

PeterGriffin

Original Poster
You are bound to run into to multiple hiccups with all of these transfers. Going to waste a lot of time. Sounds like a nightmare.
Other than your bags needing to be transferred, I don't understand why there would be any issues. I will do online check-in, for all resorts, so the day that I am staying at a new resort, they will text me my room number, when it is ready. If we are spending the day at a theme park and going to our new resort at night, we will take transportation to the new resort and go to the room. Like I said, the bags are the only thing that I would see causing any issues.

durangojim

Disney makes transfers easy. That being said I always try to limit my transfers to one so that I can enjoy the resort. If you're park commandos it's no big deal, but when staying at a deluxe, we like to spend a considerable amount of time at the resort itself which seems difficult to do with your plans. If you are only going back to the MK resorts at night, why not just skip them and stay at the All Star for 3 nights and save more money? For me, I like to feel that my resort is my "home" and that only happens for me if I'm staying there more than a couple nights. I fully realize that not all people feel this way and if they don't more power to them.

DisneyJoe

Other than your bags needing to be transferred, I don't understand why there would be any issues. I will do online check-in, for all resorts, so the day that I am staying at a new resort, they will text me my room number, when it is ready. If we are spending the day at a theme park and going to our new resort at night, we will take transportation to the new resort and go to the room. Like I said, the bags are the only thing that I would see causing any issues.
You would think so, right?

I recently did a split stay between the GF and the Poly. I could not get into my Poly concierge room with my magic bands until something on my account at the GF had been closed out. It took them over an hour to get it fixed. We were able to hang out at the concierge lounge.

R W B

You would think so, right?

I recently did a split stay between the GF and the Poly. I could not get into my Poly concierge room with my magic bands until something on my account at the GF had been closed out. It took them over an hour to get it fixed. We were able to hang out at the concierge lounge.
Same thing happened to us last December. We did a transfer from FW Cabins to POFQ and while checking in to POFQ we were told FW didn't close us out yet so we asked if we had to stay there or if we could go to the parks, they said absolutely and everything would be fixed shortly. Well around midnight that night we came back to the resort and stopped at the desk just to confirm everything was good but it wasn't yet. We still had to wait another 20-30min or so before we could get to our new room.

Tyaloo

Once you complete your trip, can you let everyone know how it went for you? I'm curious!

Logistics aside, what fun to stay at all those fun resorts in one trip!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom