Harley Quinn

Original Poster
Hello DisNerds!

I'm Harley and I have a few questions for you Cast Members...

I was once a Cast Member. August 28th will make 1 yr since I have been with The Mouse. I self-termed during a time when sickness took hold of my grandmother. I am originally from TN. I flew back to TN to be with her. She has since passed away. I panicked. I have lost both of my parents in previous years, and I did not want a repeat of not being able to say goodbye. I left behind the most meaningful job, my career with Disney.

I spoke with Casting on the phone days ago. I was informed that my last date with the company was August 28th. I was advised not to reapply until after said date. I was also informed that "you are a no-rehire but that is petionable." I was told to reapply then, and afterward to call Casting and they would tell me what to do from there...

My question to you is how promising do you think this to be? I have no points on my record card. I was Security. I have full support of previous managers from both when I was in Merchandise and Security. I will have been gone a full year, plus I have maintained a steady job with Walgreens since my departure.

Are there any similar stories to mine? How did it turn out for you?

Advice welcomed. :)

Harley Quinn

Original Poster
Honestly, Disney picks and chooses how each rehire's situation is dealt. It has to do with how you re-sell yourself to the company, what circumstances made you leave, your record card whilst being hired, what positions you had before, what job(s) you had since you left disney, what position you want now, and what recruiter you speak to.

But no matter what your situation or who you are, after your interview, you are going to have to fill out a paper saying why they should rehire you. This isn't the defining factor, but it' s a big one and depending on what you write, could determine whether or not you get rehired.

Don't get your hopes too high up. Have a back up plan as Disney isn't all that great. I mean it's a unique job with lots of benefits, but it's not all glamours. I'm a current cast member and after the summer is over, I'm definately self terming. I was denied a transfer from QSFB to Merchandise, and honestly, I'd rather work at Walgreens being a Pharmacy Technician, than making mexican food at Disney with no guest interaction. I at least I know where I would stand in a place like that that usually has like no more than twenty employees hired at a time, whereas disney where 90% of my coworkers are two faced, racist and homophobic. Representing Walt Disney proud. lol.

But good luck girl, follow your dreams. :)

Thanks! I was actually FT Security when I left. I loved that job and if allowed to return, I'll keep it until I retire.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom