Starting to get irritated by DVC

dizneycraig

We own at BLT. We have been able to stay at BLT several times with no problems. We have also stayed at SS, BC, AK, & BW. We booked to the day of the 7 month window. We wait listed once, and it came through. Be patient, I am sure your wait list will be granted.

foreverbelle

We were told at one point that several places run out of studios very quickly due to the points, people trying to save and use their points to the max. In this case we were told that sometimes its easier to get into a one bedroom or larger. Since taking their advice, we have been able to stay at the ones requested. If you have the ability, this could be a way to go.

Computer Magic

For DVC to work they must try to fill all rooms available for points as close to 100 as possible. That is way I always tell someone to buy points at the resort that you want to stay at. Than plan on booking as close to 11 months out as possible if you want to stay at a peck time of year. I tell them that you have to take what you can get at the seven month and less window.
Agree, Disney made a home resort for a reason. People can't expect to be able to have the same rights for non home resorts. Pay for the resort you like. You can't expect to buy into a lower DVC and stay in the more costly DVC.

Computer Magic

I have my home resort as Bay Lake Tower... they are already sold out and it's not even close to the 7 month time frame. You really need to buy some points at the resort you want.... even a block of 50 second hand might help.
It's a shame you can't get to book at your home resort. Especially since you tried to book before non-home DVC were allowed to book.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
We were told at one point that several places run out of studios very quickly due to the points, people trying to save and use their points to the max. In this case we were told that sometimes its easier to get into a one bedroom or larger. Since taking their advice, we have been able to stay at the ones requested. If you have the ability, this could be a way to go.

The 1 bedrooms are the least popular rooms. People tend to book studios to maximize points and 2 bedrooms for parties larger than 4 or 5. The occupancy of a 1 bedroom is usually the same or maybe 1 more person than a studio depending on the resort. This tends to lead to more availability in the 1 bedrooms.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Even if your home resort is one near/around the Boardwalk area, it appears that during even off season times you need to book the earliest date you can for the week you want to go. I have Beach Club as ours and I booked 10 months out, not the 11, and we had a problem getting a room for what I was told is notoriously a slow time (between end of Halloween and Christmas going up).
November outside of Christmas week and the first 2 weeks of December are extremely popular DVC times even though they are slower times for WDW in general. Reason being is that the first 2 weeks of Dec are adventure season (lowest point weeks) and November is the next lowest point time (choice season). People who want to book rooms with less points flock to these weeks. There are many DVC owners who either don't have school age kids or are not opposed to taking their kids out of school for a week and with low DVC point rates, low crowds, pleasant weather and the Christmas parades and decorations starting up it is a popular time at DVC.

foreverbelle

The 1 bedrooms are the least popular rooms. People tend to book studios to maximize points and 2 bedrooms for parties larger than 4 or 5. The occupancy of a 1 bedroom is usually the same or maybe 1 more person than a studio depending on the resort. This tends to lead to more availability in the 1 bedrooms.

Yes...which probably explains our success with it.

BCVTalsJam

Agree, Disney made a home resort for a reason. People can't expect to be able to have the same rights for non home resorts. Pay for the resort you like. You can't expect to buy into a lower DVC and stay in the more costly DVC.
I agree we bought at beach club cause we love it there. Our parents bought at boardwalk because they love it. Even though boardwalk is only 10 points when we go and Beach club is 15 we chose Beach Club because of our love. I'm not going to pick boardwalk and hope we get beach at the seven month window. Buy where you want to book. We have never had a problem getting what we want at the 11month window...and that's always been a studio.

PineapplePrincess

Our home resort is OKW, but we only stayed there one weekend. For last July, we were able to get 2nights club level at AKL and 8 nights at BC. This July we were able to get Lakeview studio at BLT for 8 nights. Maybe I'm just lucky?!

StarWarsGirl

I am getting very irritated by DVC. Today I called to book two nights at BLT after our disney cruise in November and was told there are no studios available. I then asked about Wilderness Lodge, none available. But they do have a studio at saratoga. Every time I call to make a reservation I end up having to stay at saratoga, this is the 5th time out of six trips since I bought into DVC that I have had to stay at saratoga because there was nothing else available. I am booking just inside the seven month window. I like saratoga, but one if the things that attracted me to DVC was being able to stay at any of the DVC resorts, and that is just not how it actually works. If I called today as a regular customer I am sure the would be falling all over themselves to book a room at any of the resorts for me. It just seems like the people who pay for many stays up front get screwed.
We do get screwed a lot. As my dad says, "Disney won't give me anything, they already know I'm willing to pay them!" But a lot of times, those rooms will get taken right away. There is limited space available, especially when you own at a specific resort and book at the 11 month window, as my father always does. It just depends. We had a friend call up a few days before his trip and get a room at Kidani Village. But the was in February.

Remember that Sartoga is huge, therefore they have more availability. Bay Lake is hard to get unless you own there. You could always go on the wait list. Sometimes things open up.

flagen

Ive been booking a a week then changing it to the next week for over month now....I was lucky and got 3 days concierge villa at Jambo House....The Days before it I wanted at Beach Club...But that weekend is as i just found out today is Columbus Day weekend (Local DVCers are taking that weekend at the best places).

So now I have to Book 2 days at Wilderness Lodge, then I hope in 2 days Book my middle 4 days at BCV...I can see they are available but can't grab them yet grrrr

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom