Starbucks coming to Disney parks

quirkle

15 pages of coffee discussion - WOW!! You'd think Disney just announced a new roller coaster dark ride or something! Seriously though coffee starts your day and gets us in focus. What's everyone's opinion of Chock Full o' Nuts coffee? Remember the "Heavenly Coffee"? We just opened a Chock Cafe in Connecticut and their products are amazing!

Where in CT? I actually like chock full if nuts. I buy that brand for home use.

MaryJaneP

As long as the same is true at WDW I have no issues with them finding their way into the parks. The idea of people knowing there is a Starbucks and therefore forming a line that stretches down mainstreet however...

I don't drink coffee, but family is addicted to Starbucks. Since it is sure to be a major draw, and to avoid the line down MSUSA, how about locate it as a crowd draw at the far end of the FLE. People can even ride the train to get their morning fix. Win-win

wendysue

I can see a Fastpass for this already..:lol:
starbuckfastpass-1.jpg

:D

cornandacobb

Swan & Dolphin:
Starbucks Coffee is served at Fresh(Dolphin), the Fountain(Dolphin), Picabu(Dolphin) and Java Bar(Swan).

Also, Shades of Green, the military resort, apparently serves Starbucks.
fresh_breakfast_and_lunch2.jpg

Java Bar:
Freshly Brewed Starbucks - 100% Colombian Coffee, regular or decaffeinated $2.50

K_Bell96

I have nothing against the Starbucks, especially in Walt Disney World because in most places all you can get is Nescafe. As long as they stick with the themes, I have nothing against it. They used to have the McDonald's fry stands in Animal Kingdom and they fit the scene when the were there.

go3epcot

I am surprised that so little information has gotten out about Starbucks coming to WDW since the original "slip of the tongue". Still hopeful that I will have a Cafe Mocha in the parks this late November, but time is running out!

wilkeliza

I am surprised that so little information has gotten out about Starbucks coming to WDW since the original "slip of the tongue". Still hopeful that I will have a Cafe Mocha in the parks this late November, but time is running out!

There wasn't really a lip of the tongue. Disney and Starbucks both announced it. No more information has come out because I don't think they have it planned out yet exactly where the Starbucks would fit best at WDW. They were lucky at DL to have a major construction going on that they could put the Starbucks in there.

NoChesterHester

Well... If you need a fix of America's drug of choice... No where to get a decent version right now in the parks.

I'm far more interested in this than some stain on the carpet at Big Top Souvineers.

RonAnnArbor

I have that app and love it --- there is a Starbucks app, and you can put your gift card into your IPhone Passbook and use that as well -- I've used it about 7 times since Sunday already...

Computer Magic

From shareholders meeting on March 2013: In one of the gathering’s livelier moments, a shareholder identifying himself as Dwight Morgan complained about Disney for the first time opening a Starbucks inside the Disneyland Resort in California; in particular Mr. Morgan was concerned about the role potentially played by Orin C. Smith, a Disney board member and the retired chief executive of Starbucks.
“I’ve heard nothing but bad comments,” Mr. Morgan said.
Mr. Iger responded that the deal was independently vetted and came after years of guest complaints about the quality of Disney’s coffee. “I don’t mean to be cheeky,” Mr. Iger said, “but that has become one of the most popular Starbucks in the country, and we’re going to add more.”

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom