Starbucks at WDW - Opinion poll?

Are you in favor of Starbucks at WDW

• Total voters

raven

You Canadians! I think you guys have a problem with Timmy! :lol: I've worked at a couple of places in Canada where there was a Timmy's close by, and people seemed pretty fanatical about it.

I'm not Canadian but there are a few Tim's in the north. Never had the pallet for StarBucks but Tim Horton's French Vanilla cappuccino is like liquid crack!!

dixiegirl

I'm not Canadian but there are a few Tim's in the north. Never had the pallet for StarBucks but Tim Horton's French Vanilla cappuccino is like liquid crack!!

LOL, yes have to agree about the French Vanilla Cappuccino and iced OMG!!!! Yeah good stuff, too bad we have no more Tims around here in RI.

dman1373

i don't really care, because there is a starbucks right outside of disney. I personally somtimes go down that road for wal mart, a nice little steakhouse, cracker barrel, and wal mart. So if i ever want to go to starbucks, its right there. But i wouldn't be opposed to it being in dtd. If done right it could actually be a great addition to dtd.

dman1373

I know the question wasn't directed at me, but I get where the user's coming from (not on the hate for Starbucks), but the idea of chains invading the parks. They're 100% right. If Pecos Bills started serving McDonalds food, people would FLIP out.

They have that cart in Frontierland that used to serve McDonalds french fries, and people were up in arms about it. But now, since it's coffee and people are obsessed and addicted to it, it's not a problem.

It is a bit of a double standard.

Don't they sell mcdonalds in epcot right when you enter world showcase

Ignohippo

Not trying to argue, just my 2 cents:

I voted yes in the poll...not because I "love" Starbucks though. Currently there really are not a lot of good places in Disney to get good/decent coffee, and now there will be. There ARE places to get good/decent pizza (although I'm sure some will say that's up for debate), so there's no outcry for Disney to overhaul their pizza supply.

If Disney had been offering decent coffee in a good number of locations throughout the property all along, people wouldn't have complained as much, and maybe this would not be happening. :shrug:

Yes, (and I knew someone would say this) but Disney should simply be selling better coffee. The offerings at Disney Parks should be unique - not the same thing you could find at your mall down the street.

Ignohippo

Can you please tell me why you would consider them the worst corporation in the country?

I honestly do not understand the vitriol regarding a beverage establishment. I for one really dislike chain establishments as a general rule. But the hatred seems to really gear up a notch when discussing Starbucks. Even if this had no corelation to Disney, people would jumped up with pitchforks. People don't have the same level of distaste for Chilis or Burger King so why Starbucks. It can't simply be the taste of their coffee. I think fast food establishments are far more agregious since they pander to the lowest common denominator. Selling a huge amount of calories for insanely low prices.

First, I didn't say they were the worst (just about he worst). In comparison to companies like BP or Bank Of America, Starbucks is saintly.

The disdain for Starbucks from me comes from their corporate mentality of absolutely squashing the little guy. Starbucks will open a location literally right next door to an established neighborhood coffee house to try to close them out. It's disgusting. I'm all for competition, but there's a level of greed within Starbucks that I find incredibly disturbing.

copcarguyp71

I voted "Don't care" because...well I don't. I am sure Disney will be sure the themeing is correct and I have doubts that it will immediately turn the parks into Universal as others are projecting.

TDO is damned if they do and damned if they don't on these boards but I doubt if this will make a darn bit of difference in how much I enjoy the parks. I really don't care for their coffee...it always tastes burnt to me even though we drink french roast at home. It would be nice to smell strong coffee in the air on an October EMH morning though.

njDizFan

First, I didn't say they were the worst (just about he worst). In comparison to companies like BP or Bank Of America, Starbucks is saintly.

The disdain for Starbucks from me comes from their corporate mentality of absolutely squashing the little guy. Starbucks will open a location literally right next door to an established neighborhood coffee house to try to close them out. It's disgusting. I'm all for competition, but there's a level of greed within Starbucks that I find incredibly disturbing.
That is logic I can agree with. If there is any other options available, I would certainly frequent a local establishment.

Freshee61

I voted no. I just feel it really wasn't needed. I like the stuff they have and associate it with wdw coffee. Then again I am not Starbucks junkie even though it's good.

Ignohippo

The fact is, it's an invasion of the outside world into what should be a fantasy world. McDonald's fries were sold in Fantasyland in a somewhat hidden location, but I thought even that was somewhat of invasion. Seeing a McDonald's sign immediately takes you out of this fantasy you're enjoying.

I just wish, if they are going to allow more outside companies in, that they serve their products inside a Disney-themed restaurant. In other words, I don't want to see a Starbucks, McDonald's, Pizza Hut in WDW (no matter how well it's themed) but I wouldn't necessarily be opposed to an already or new Disney restaurant serving Starbucks coffee as one of the components.

The thing about the Edy's Ice Cream on Main Street is, the marketing of Edy's is subtle – I have a feeling Starbucks signage and presence will be anything but subtle (no matter how well the store is themed).

The last thing I want to see when visiting the MK is Starbucks logos all one the place.

scoobygirl39541

I know the question wasn't directed at me, but I get where the user's coming from (not on the hate for Starbucks), but the idea of chains invading the parks. They're 100% right. If Pecos Bills started serving McDonalds food, people would FLIP out.

They have that cart in Frontierland that used to serve McDonalds french fries, and people were up in arms about it. But now, since it's coffee and people are obsessed and addicted to it, it's not a problem.

It is a bit of a double standard.

Its not a double standard at all, because you can find fast food everywhere so you don't need McDonalds. Its nearly impossible to find a good cup of coffee.

I think the problem lies that Disney already has good established counter service locations. Not to speak for the public, but I think people are happy about this news because they want ANY coffee in the parks. I'm sure they would be more than happy to have "Disney-made" coffee stands and cafes, but there isn't. This is the closest they're coming to and us coffee drinkers are grateful.

If everyone wants Starbucks out of the parks, fine... just build some decent Disney-made coffee shops then.

ShookieJones

We need time for things to happen.
I think this a great idea for the parks.
Starbucks makes a good cup of real coffee. To expensive for my blood to get on a regular basis but a good cup none the less.
I would take it any day over what they have in the parks or D&D.

Never understood the love for D&D and coffee.:shrug: I think it's main attraction is the "little bit of coffee lots cream and sugar" coffee crowd.

A straight cup of black D&D coffee is like a cup of piping hot brown water....

NormC

Ditto, Rich, smooth, not the battery acid Starbucks claims as coffee.

Clearly you haven't tried many of their roasts. The standard Pike Place is bad but Verona is nice as are many of their bold blends. DD doesn't have enough coffee in their coffee.

Carolwood

I voted no not because I'm necessarily opposed to Starbucks in the parks but because I'm afraid it might make the parks more Universal or Six Flags Like with a giant Starbucks logo sign hanging off of main street or Sunset Blvd. I'm opposed to outside branding in the parks. It they just serve Starbucks products but with a Disney like and themed location then I'm not as concerned. If they do it the way they've implemented Joffreys then it'll be fine. But if it's like the Universal implementation it's like the store just jumped into he middle of their backlit and it's not thematically coherent at all.

I am also afraid that it sets the precedent of bringing more outside brands into the park. Disney is supposed to be a place away from the outside world, I don't want my neighborhood mall making its way into the park.

So yeah, can't say I'm thrilled with the news but as long as they implement it well I don't think I'll mind too much.

100% Agreed! You couldn't have said it any better!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom