Starbucks at WDW - Opinion poll?

Are you in favor of Starbucks at WDW

• Total voters

Disney61

I voted no but I will say this...I do not have a problem with Starbucks coming to Disney....I just don't want to see them in the Parks :brick:

ToTBellHop

Very much in favor. Disney's coffee is pretty gross, so this is a huge upgrade and much better than what Dunkin Donuts calls "coffee."

devoy1701

I support it. I'm all for more options, and I hope it's priced right and themed right. While not a fan of Starbucks coffee, I drink it if it's the best option available, and it's hard to pass up a White Mocha Frap during the summer. But if a regular coffee is going to be twice as much as a NesCafe or something, I'll stick with the NesCafe.

jlevis

I'm with kap91; I don't like outside branding in the parks. Plus do I really want to pay $5 or 6 for a cup of mediocre coffee?

HM Spectre

So long as it's themed in well so that it's not obnoxious and blends in then sure. It's not like it would be replacing anything worth keeping...

I personally don't like Starbucks - but we use them in airports and whatnot when we have to. I'd have been very happy if it was Dunkin', but I'm still glad I'll be able to get a half decent iced coffee now in Disney.

71jason

Anything would be better than Nescafe'. But (to me) Starbucks is way, way overpriced for a cup o' Joe (and I don't do latte's).

WDW currently gets $2.09 for a cup of coffee (I'm guessing 12 ounces). That's right around what Starbucks gets for a "tall" regular coffee.

The espresso drinks cost double that, but it becomes apples and oranges--or maybe draft beer and Long Island Ice Teas.

216bruce

I don't like Starbucks and am not a big coffee drinker anyway. If you want to get good coffee with a Disney connection, may I recommend "Marcelines Finest Coffee" which is even branded 'from Walt Disney's boyhood home'. I had it during the D23 trip to Marceline and it's very good. Seems like a good fit.

GrumpyFan

Original Poster
I'd rather have Timmy. :slurp:

You Canadians! I think you guys have a problem with Timmy! :lol: I've worked at a couple of places in Canada where there was a Timmy's close by, and people seemed pretty fanatical about it.

jpittore1

USA Today article, last line made me laugh...

UsaToday.com had the article describing the pairing of Disney and Starbucks and what locations will initially have Starbucks....my favorite line is the last line in the article:

"No word on any Disney Parks planning to open inside Starbucks stores."

Below is the link to the article.

[http://www.usatoday.com/money/industries/food/story/2012-04-23/starbucks-disney-deal/54491812/1[/URL]

Flight Safety

I am so excited

Are you kidding me? This is some of the best news I have herd regarding the parks in a long, long time. If you're a coffee drinker and frequent the parks, you can't tell me you're not happy about this even if you're not a big fan of Starbucks. Because anyone who drinks coffee knows that Disneys long standing Nestlè deal has made it near impossible for a decent cup of coffee on property. Nestlè's coffee that is served everywhere on property is just about the worst, and I can't stand paying for coffee that bad.

I drink starbucks daily, and have been hoping Disney would do something about the lack of decent coffee in the parks. This is great! From what I can tell, they're going to be Disney themed locations that simply serve Starbucks! This is good because I wouldn't want to have a big Starbucks sign hanging around in the parks. Maybe DTD, but not in the parks.:sohappy:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom