1. Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

Starbucks at WDW - Opinion poll?

Discussion in 'WDW Parks News, Rumors and Current Events' started by GrumpyFan, Apr 23, 2012.

?

Are you in favor of Starbucks at WDW

1. Yes

57.8%
  2. No

14.0%
  3. Don't care

21.5%
  4. Wait and see

6.7%
  1. GrumpyFan

GrumpyFan Well-Known Member

So, now that it has been officially stated that Starbucks is coming to WDW, what is your vote?

I know there is already a discussion thread on this, but I was curious of the general consensus.
  2. Nemo14

Nemo14 Well-Known Member

I voted no because I really can't stand Starbucks coffee. Now if it were DD....
  3. unkadug

unkadug Well-Known Member

I voted "don't care" cause I don't drink coffee!
  4. G00fyDad

G00fyDad Well-Known Member

5. kap91

kap91 Well-Known Member

I voted no not because I'm necessarily opposed to Starbucks in the parks but because I'm afraid it might make the parks more Universal or Six Flags Like with a giant Starbucks logo sign hanging off of main street or Sunset Blvd. I'm opposed to outside branding in the parks. It they just serve Starbucks products but with a Disney like and themed location then I'm not as concerned. If they do it the way they've implemented Joffreys then it'll be fine. But if it's like the Universal implementation it's like the store just jumped into he middle of their backlit and it's not thematically coherent at all.

I am also afraid that it sets the precedent of bringing more outside brands into the park. Disney is supposed to be a place away from the outside world, I don't want my neighborhood mall making its way into the park.

Finally, I just hope the Starbucks don't replace some of my favorite places. For example, the writers stop. It seems like a prime candidate for conversion but I really hope they don't. I love the current ambience there, always fairly empty and quiet, lots of odd books I don't see other places, and a great pastry selection that Starbucks can't match.

So yeah, can't say I'm thrilled with the news but as long as they implement it well I don't think I'll mind too much.
  6. Sans Souci

Sans Souci Well-Known Member

Wait and see for me.

I am OK with SBUX, not my favorite. I need to see what drinks they are serving up. I like Americanos and the occassional Iced Caramel Macchiato, but I make them at home.

I do like a like local coffee brand/cafe here, but the baristi are disaffected hipsters.
  7. RonAnnArbor

RonAnnArbor Well-Known Member

Really?? Our five separate threads on this aren't enough we need a poll? Except for a small handful of people, you are going to find that there is almost unanimous support for this -- we don't need a poll...
  8. MaryJaneP

MaryJaneP Well-Known Member

Yes as long as it is themed for WDW and staffed by CMs.
  9. The Empress Lilly

The Empress Lilly Well-Known Member

:sohappy:

Please Disney stay classy don't turn into Universal.

Disney can serve S'ucks coffee the way it serves Coca-Cola. But not as a S'ucks location, not even themed like in Universal.
    Come to think of it, I already find Coca-Cola's presence in the parks often annoying and intrusive.
  10. MarkTwain

MarkTwain Well-Known Member

I am completely in favor of it. Not too often does Disney listen to fan requests and respond to them this dramatically. This seems to me like it could be only a step forward for guest experience.
  11. rct247

rct247 Well-Known Member

I have a feeling it will be similar to the Eddy's ice cream partnership. You might find a Starbucks logo somewhere on or near the Bakery sign on Main Street, but it will be tasteful. I don't see them coming in and renaming entire shops and stands to Starbucks. After all, look at how McDonald's in the parks worked out.
  12. DisneyWall-e

DisneyWall-e Well-Known Member

Voted yes because it will serve coffee thats a lot better than what they have now. Btw SBUX is not my favorite brand.
  13. Kobe!!

Kobe!! Active Member

I'm so excited for a $12.00 cup of coffee!
  14. captainkidd

captainkidd Well-Known Member

Are we paying per post now?
  15. TP2000

TP2000 Well-Known Member

Y'all should read the Al Lutz column at Miceage from last week where he broke the news that Starbucks was coming to the Fiddler, Fifer & Practical Cafe at DCA. This has been the hot rumor with Disneyland fans for weeks. http://miceage.micechat.com/mc/mc041812a.htm

But basically, this is what Al Lutz said about a week ago regarding Starbucks at DCA...

If I didn't know any better, Disney only released this rather vague press release about Starbucks today because of the Al Lutz story from last week. :lookaroun

But basically, they will be themeing this perfectly with the Buena Vista Street location in DCA when it's the first to open this June 15th. And I'm sure they'll do the same in the other Disney parks later in both Anaheim and Orlando when they finally get their own Starbucks locations.
  16. CaptJapan

CaptJapan Member

This feels like a smaller form of sponsorship, which could lead to Starbucks keeping its own upkeep of it's own themed Cafes.
    Anything that involves an outside source of money keeping even a small portion of the parks tidy and maintained, is a good thing in my book.
    As long as it doesn't disturb the theming of the parks. Main St. USA with a 1920's style Starbucks sigh? Sure!
    Modern Starbucks sigh glowing near Splash Mt or Spaceship Earth?
    No thank you.
  17. LuLaSue

LuLaSue Well-Known Member

I voted yes! I do prefer D&D but, Starbucks is way better than the current offering.

I think Disney will do it right, I have faith.
  18. dixiegirl

dixiegirl Well-Known Member

LOL, spoken like a "true" RIer!!!
    I could care, I mean I lke DD and I like starbucks.....BUt if I could bring my Keurig to Disney or they had one in the rooms instead of the regular Coffee pot, I'd pay for the Kcups or if there was a fee....But Eh if its there I'll drink it, I mean what the hell Starbucks is Expensive anyway so why not have one in disney....See if there's a price change being in WDW..
  19. mjmyers10

mjmyers10 Member

I'm fine with anything that is not Nescafe. I would prefer DD or Wawa, but Starbucks will do. Hopefully they get something for the resorts too.
  20. captainkidd

captainkidd Well-Known Member

Couldn't care less as long as they don't start turning places into Starbucks cafes.