Starbucks among other new vendors at Disney

POLY LOVER

Original Poster
I love the Main Street Starbucks. :)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I LOVE THE MAIN STREET BAKERY, here try these and compare them to their selction
Cinnamon Rolls
Walt Disney World’s Main Street Bakery
Yield: 16-18 Rolls
Ingredients:
Cinnamon Rolls
1/2 cup warm water
2 packages yeast
2 tablespoons sugar
1 (3 1/2 ounce) package instant vanilla pudding
2 cups milk
1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
2 large eggs, beaten
1 teaspoon salt
8 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup unsalted butter, melted
2 cups brown sugar
2 tablespoons cinnamon

Cream Cheese Frosting
1 8-ounce package cream cheese, softened (room temperature)
1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
3 cups powdered sugar
2 tablespoons milk

Instructions:
Cinnamon Rolls
1. In small bowl, combine water, yeast, and sugar.
2. Stir until dissolved and set aside.
3. In large bowl, mix pudding according to package instructions with milk.
4. Add 1/2 cup melted butter, egg, and salt. Mix well, then add yeast mixture and blend well.
5. Gradually add flour and knead until smooth.
6. Place in a very large greased bowl.
7. Cover and let rise in a warm place until double in size.
8. Punch down and let rise again for second time.
9. Roll dough on a very large floured surface.
10. Dough should roll out to a long rectangle, about 34 x 21 inches in size.
11. Take the 1 cup of melted butter and use a pastry brush to spread over entire dough surface.
12. In small bowl, mix together the brown sugar and cinnamon.
13. Sprinkle over top of buttered dough. Roll dough up like a jelly roll.
14. Measure dough every 2 inches and cut with a knife.
15. Take each roll into the palm of your hand and gently pack the roll (this keeps it from coming apart during baking).
16. Place each roll in a buttered baking pan and allow to rise in a warm place for about 20 minutes.
17. Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven until golden brown in color, about 15-20 minutes.
18. Frost rolls while still warm.

Cream Cheese Frosting
1. In mixing bowl, combine all ingredients and mix until smooth.
2. Spread on the very warm rolls.

And that’s all there is to it!

Okay. So they’re little involved. But I’m already dreaming of how good they’ll taste. So I’m pretty sure my efforts will be well rewarded.

C’mon! Take the plunge with me and make some Main Street Bakery Cinnamon Rolls. You know you wanna

Ayla

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I LOVE THE MAIN STREET BAKERY, here try these and compare them to their selction
Cinnamon Rolls
Walt Disney World’s Main Street Bakery
Yield: 16-18 Rolls
Ingredients:
Cinnamon Rolls
1/2 cup warm water
2 packages yeast
2 tablespoons sugar
1 (3 1/2 ounce) package instant vanilla pudding
2 cups milk
1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
2 large eggs, beaten
1 teaspoon salt
8 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup unsalted butter, melted
2 cups brown sugar
2 tablespoons cinnamon

Cream Cheese Frosting
1 8-ounce package cream cheese, softened (room temperature)
1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
3 cups powdered sugar
2 tablespoons milk

Instructions:
Cinnamon Rolls
1. In small bowl, combine water, yeast, and sugar.
2. Stir until dissolved and set aside.
3. In large bowl, mix pudding according to package instructions with milk.
4. Add 1/2 cup melted butter, egg, and salt. Mix well, then add yeast mixture and blend well.
5. Gradually add flour and knead until smooth.
6. Place in a very large greased bowl.
7. Cover and let rise in a warm place until double in size.
8. Punch down and let rise again for second time.
9. Roll dough on a very large floured surface.
10. Dough should roll out to a long rectangle, about 34 x 21 inches in size.
11. Take the 1 cup of melted butter and use a pastry brush to spread over entire dough surface.
12. In small bowl, mix together the brown sugar and cinnamon.
13. Sprinkle over top of buttered dough. Roll dough up like a jelly roll.
14. Measure dough every 2 inches and cut with a knife.
15. Take each roll into the palm of your hand and gently pack the roll (this keeps it from coming apart during baking).
16. Place each roll in a buttered baking pan and allow to rise in a warm place for about 20 minutes.
17. Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven until golden brown in color, about 15-20 minutes.
18. Frost rolls while still warm.

Cream Cheese Frosting
1. In mixing bowl, combine all ingredients and mix until smooth.
2. Spread on the very warm rolls.

And that’s all there is to it!

Okay. So they’re little involved. But I’m already dreaming of how good they’ll taste. So I’m pretty sure my efforts will be well rewarded.

C’mon! Take the plunge with me and make some Main Street Bakery Cinnamon Rolls. You know you wanna
No thank you, I'm not a cinnamon roll fan, plus you can get them elsewhere in the park. I'm glad Starbucks is on Main Street.

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
No thank you, I'm not a cinnamon roll fan, plus you can get them elsewhere in the park. I'm glad Starbucks is on Main Street.
Again Gaston's has some but THEY ARE NOT THE SAME! Cannot stress that enough and @POLY LOVER and many others on here can attest to the differences that have eaten both! :banghead:

sxeensweet

Exactly, and raging about it won't bring back Main Street Bakery.
No one is raging about it the OP just really misses it as do a lot of us and has taken the appropriate actions to complain formally to Starbucks itself and The Disney company. The OP did not just rant and rave on here and do nothing about it like a lot of folks that complain on here that do nothing. :)

MagicHappens1971

First I want to say I love Starbucks they are a great company that treats their employees well. I have an issue as Disney progresses to bring franchise vendors into the Parks. I am all about unique, and one of the things I enjoyed at Disney is the unique items that could only be found their. Example the Main Street Bakery offerings that is now lost. Disney must be careful to not lose the unique flavor of their Parks. I can get McDonalds,, Starbucks, Joferrys coffee etc on any corner of America but I can't get things like the Bakery sold anywhere but Main Street USA.. My visits to Disney are to escape the norm and find one of a kind items.

I don't like the trend of bringing in franchises and displacing the Disney feel and flavors and Employees.
Disney's employees work at Starbucks, at least the ones in the park. Not the other way around.

sxeensweet

Has anyone read a DLR (I know we are talking about wdw) map? Almost 90% of the attractions say they are "Sponsored/Presented" by...
Most of us including OP have nothing against "sponsors". They have been the parks for many years but Starbucks TOOK OVER the MSB not just sponsored it! Sponsoring by just serving their coffee in addition to what was already there would have been perfectly fine but that is not what they did. 98 % of all baked goods offered there are Starbucks branded products not MSB baked goods that were there before etc. Big difference in "sponsoring" a location to turning it into a basic Starbucks location on MSUSA. :)

POLY LOVER

Original Poster
I,m glad some people understand the difference between take over and sponsorship! Yes we are not complainers we have taken action to make our feelings known. We are not sheep that sit there and take it. If you say nothing you can be certain nothing will happen BUT if you voice your displeasure you may find they actually try to fix it in some way. The other point is if you don,t call them on this I guarantee you more take overs will be right behind, maybe when it's something you care about we will just sit back and do nothing to support you. But probably not because we care about Disney and we are fighters.

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
Main Street Bakery baked goods and Starbucks coffee would be a dream. I've tried to open my Krispy Kreme donut, Dunkin' Donuts coffee store, but it makes some pencil pusher types uptight.

POLY LOVER

Original Poster
Main Street Bakery baked goods and Starbucks coffee would be a dream. I've tried to open my Krispy Kreme donut, Dunkin' Donuts coffee store, but it makes some pencil pusher types uptight.
It would have been my model if it were my decision. Msb with Starbucks coffee, HOME RUN!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom