Starbucks among other new vendors at Disney

Jon81uk

POLY LOVER

Original Poster

I along with the financial analyst must have misread the report and drove the stock down for no reason. Sorry but I think you need to read it again.

Disney's parks and resorts revenue grew 4%. Both the media and theme parks segments reflected a slowdown in revenue growth from Q2, when media networks sales rose 13% and parks and resorts sales grew 6%.

But the summer blockbuster season treated Disney's studio segment well, compared to the previous quarter's 6% decline.

Read More At Investor's Business Daily: http://news.investors.com/business/...rd-quarter-earnings-results.htm#ixzz3i8aH51bh
Follow us: @IBDinvestors on Twitter | InvestorsBusinessDaily on Facebook

Last edited:

POLY LOVER

Original Poster
for me I can go to a bunch of local amusement parks with more thriling rides and not travel a thousand miles. I do however travel a thousand miles because Disney is unique and different. They need to be careful not to lose the unique -part of the parks because then they will be competing with the local parks across the country and have to just add basic thrill rides losing the Disney difference. That is all I am saying. I need unique to keep going to Disney. My view and maybe only my view is when I see a starbucks taking over one of the unique spots on main street I get concerned that that will continue. Main Street is the first thing that hits you and sets the tone and feeling for WDW. What I am saying is out of concern and not to be an alarmist.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
for me I can go to a bunch of local amusement parks with more thriling rides and not travel a thousand miles. I do however travel a thousand miles because Disney is unique and different. They need to be careful not to lose the unique -part of the parks because then they will be competing with the local parks across the country and have to just add basic thrill rides losing the Disney difference. That is all I am saying. I need unique to keep going to Disney. My view and maybe only my view is when I see a starbucks taking over one of the unique spots on main street I get concerned that that will continue. Main Street is the first thing that hits you and sets the tone and feeling for WDW. What I am saying is out of concern and not to be an alarmist.
They added a coffee retailer that was better than the paste they served before. Get over it....

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
You keep harping on the uniqueness of the MSB, yet you refuse to answer what was so unique about it? The only thing truly unique about it was that it was the only bakery on MSU. Past that is was just a run of the mill bakery. Something that WDW has several of, many of which are better.

POLY LOVER

Original Poster
You keep harping on the uniqueness of the MSB, yet you refuse to answer what was so unique about it? The only thing truly unique about it was that it was the only bakery on MSU. Past that is was just a run of the mill bakery. Something that WDW has several of, many of which are better.

on Main Street there was only one bakery that actually baked fresh pastries on site. I agree the coffee was bad and my solution was keep the starbucks coffee and the MSB pastries etc. Whether you liked them or not is a subject of individual taste. The issue is replacing them with a packaged cake vs a made on site cake/pastry.
IF they would have required the starbucks to bake on site and maintain the bakery that would have been OK too. They could have baked their so so products there and it would still have been a bakery. Now it is not a bakery, its a great coffee and average packaged cake store found on almost every street corner in America. Starbucks themselves agree its not a Bakery and it does not make sense but they did not want to change the name.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
on Main Street there was only one bakery that actually baked fresh pastries on site. I agree the coffee was bad and my solution was keep the starbucks coffee and the MSB pastries etc. Whether you liked them or not is a subject of individual taste. The issue is replacing them with a packaged cake vs a made on site cake/pastry.
IF they would have required the starbucks to bake on site and maintain the bakery that would have been OK too. They could have baked their so so products there and it would still have been a bakery. Now it is not a bakery, its a great coffee and average packaged cake store found on almost every street corner in America. Starbucks themselves agree its not a Bakery and it does not make sense but they did not want to change the name.
Why should they not want to have their name above the door? That's part and parcel of pretty much any deal of this kind.

And again, long before Starbucks came into WDW, the bakery items were being delivered from a central locale. So spare us the "on site" tripe. It doesn't sell....

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
So are you saying that the Boardwalk Bakery, Kusafari, as well as the bakeries in France and Norway all bake off site?

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Why should they not want to have their name above the door? That's part and parcel of pretty much any deal of this kind.

And again, long before Starbucks came into WDW, the bakery items were being delivered from a central locale. So spare us the "on site" tripe. It doesn't sell....
MSB did bake pretty much everything but the cakes in house. Not that it really matters.

BaconPancakes

why are you such a nasty soul?
tumblr_inline_nsousgqdJu1qesv4t_500.gif

jensenrick

I along with the financial analyst must have misread the report and drove the stock down for no reason. Sorry but I think you need to read it again.

Disney's parks and resorts revenue grew 4%. Both the media and theme parks segments reflected a slowdown in revenue growth from Q2, when media networks sales rose 13% and parks and resorts sales grew 6%.

But the summer blockbuster season treated Disney's studio segment well, compared to the previous quarter's 6% decline.

Read More At Investor's Business Daily: http://news.investors.com/business/...rd-quarter-earnings-results.htm#ixzz3i8aH51bh
Follow us: @IBDinvestors on Twitter | InvestorsBusinessDaily on Facebook

Well, I don't need anymore convincing- the evidence squeeks for itself!
Soon that Corner place on Main St that sells the hot dogs - will be a Nathan's. And the lil' place with the taco salads across Pirates of the Caribbean will be a Chipotle soon after that.

Personally, I'm looking forward to the Nathan's - their hot dogs don't smell nearly as bad as the current ones, and I love their french fries. They are hot and thick and they serve them with these cute lil wooden pitchforks. Adorbs. Can't wait.

jensenrick

So are you saying that the Boardwalk Bakery, Kusafari, as well as the bakeries in France and Norway all bake off site?

What an excellent question! (Dare I say "unique"?) I can't wait to hear the answer.

I've always enjoyed the bakery at France in particular. Hopefully it won't be a Cinnabon soon. ;)

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
What an excellent question! (Dare I say "unique"?) I can't wait to hear the answer.

I've always enjoyed the bakery at France in particular. Hopefully it won't be a Cinnabon soon. ;)
It is pretty awesome, but Norway will always get my vote based on the wonder that is school bread.

POLY LOVER

Original Poster

are those on Main Street, so If I am in MK I need to take a taxi to Epcot or The Boardwalk to get a baked good.
talk about not knowing what ball park you are playing in. What do they have to do with the MSB?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom