"Starbright Holidays" Drone show coming to Disney Springs

TimeTrip

The current show definitely strikes me as more of a "tech demo". The drones don't align as well as they ought to, and the show is brutally short with few grand movements. Still, TONS of potential.

Best viewing locations are probably the walkway behind the Starbucks towards house of Blues, and the Boathouse boardwalk. Though I wasn't able to confirm viewing from the Boathouse Boardwalk. Its high enough in the sky that you can see it from the entrance to STK, even with the buildings across the walkway.

DisneyDebRob

The current show definitely strikes me as more of a "tech demo". The drones don't align as well as they ought to, and the show is brutally short with few grand movements. Still, TONS of potential.

Best viewing locations are probably the walkway behind the Starbucks towards house of Blues, and the Boathouse boardwalk. Though I wasn't able to confirm viewing from the Boathouse Boardwalk. Its high enough in the sky that you can see it from the entrance to STK, even with the buildings across the walkway.
The speakers are on the SSR side and the viewing from there is fantastic. Two nights in a row of looking across the lake at thousands of people while about 10 of us at SSR.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Oh you mean the 10 mines and a couple of comet cakes?
The fireworks weren't really long or overly impressive compared to Wishes or Illuminations, but they were part of a bigger show that included laser lights, dancers and a confetti drop after the countdown to midnight. The entire "countdown to midnight" show was probably about 10 to 15 mins long.

Here's a video clip for those who never witnessed the daily countdown to New Years at PI. It isn't the best quality video but the countdown begins around the 6 min mark.

DABIGCHEEZ

What area exactly are the drones hovering over when performing the show? I know some have said that the noise seemed like a swarm of bees, and I think that was from DS. Wondering if the drones are over SSR... if the noise is much louder for the guest staying there?

donsullivan

Premium Member
I saw it for the first time last night. We were sitting in the park/amphitheater area between Hangar Bar and Boathouse. It was pretty much right out in front of us, maybe slightly left of center from that location. Visibility was not what I would have liked but that's likely because there is too much light around that location so you're eyes aren't adjusted to darkness when the drones would likely look a lot brighter. They were still visible but I'm sure from a darker location it would have more visual impact. At no time did I ever hear the sound of the drones.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I saw it for the first time last night. We were sitting in the park/amphitheater area between Hangar Bar and Boathouse. It was pretty much right out in front of us, maybe slightly left of center from that location. Visibility was not what I would have liked but that's likely because there is too much light around that location so you're eyes aren't adjusted to darkness when the drones would likely look a lot brighter. They were still visible but I'm sure from a darker location it would have more visual impact. At no time did I ever hear the sound of the drones.
Surely that can't be true. The drones are soooo loud:rolleyes::confused:o_O

OvertheHorizon

the noise seemed like a swarm of bees

I made the comment about the swarm of bees sound. However, I was intentionally listening for the sound of the drones. I heard it in the quiet before the audio for the show began. If a person was talking they wouldn't hear it. In fact, In the future, Disney could lengthen "the show" by starting music a minute or so ahead of time, then the narration announcing the show.

mergatroid

Sorry but to save me reading the whole thread does anyone know how many drones are used for the show? I've watched several videos of it and can't work out if it's a handful of drones with lights dangling from them or whether each light is a separate drone (surely not)

Last edited by a moderator:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom