Star Wars Weekends 2014

jlsHouston

Feel the Force Premium Package now available ($54 adults, $32 children): https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/hollywood-studios/feel-the-force/

Watch the Star Wars Weekends celebrity motorcade and fireworks from a reserved viewing area with refreshments.

feel-the-force-01.jpg

This Is The Event You’re Looking For
Rocket your Star Wars experience into hyperspace when you buy tickets for the Feel the Force Premium Package. Enjoy a reserved premium viewing area for 2 popular Star Wars Weekends spectaculars—the Legends of the Force: Star Wars Celebrity Motorcade and the Symphony in the Stars fireworks. During the day, the motorcade viewing area includes beverages and snacks; when the stars come out, the fireworks viewing area features a Star Wars-themed dessert party.

The Feel the Force Premium Package will be with you, always: to remember this very special day in a galaxy far, far away, you’ll receive a special souvenir Disney PhotoPass card that can be used to link your photos to your Disney account—and includes a series of complimentary Star Wars photos.

feel-the-force-02.jpg

Know Before You Go

Please review this important information about the Feel the Force Premium Package.
  • The Feel the Force Premium Package occurs every Friday, Saturday and Sunday from May 16 to June 15, 2014.
  • Price: adults $54, children $32 (per day, tax and gratuity included).
  • Legends of the Force: Star Wars Celebrity Motorcade viewing experience happens from 11:00 AM to 12:00 noon with the motorcade starting at 11:30 AM.
  • Symphony in the Stars fireworks dessert party takes place from 9:00 PM to 10:00 PM with the firework shows beginning at approximately 9:30 PM.
  • To check in for this event, please visit Min and Bill's Dockside Diner starting at 10:30 AM.
  • Guests will receive a wristband during the motorcade viewing that will allow entry into the evening fireworks dessert party. If you are unable to attend the motorcade viewing, please check in at Min and Bill's Dockside Diner starting at 8:30 PM.
  • Beverages include soda, water, tea and coffee. The fireworks dessert party includes a specialty beverage with an alcoholic option. Guests must be 21 years of age or older to consume alcoholic beverages.
  • Seating is not available.
  • Discounts do not apply.

I just booked this for Saturday the 24th!!! I am so excited!

JohnD

It's my first time for Star Wars Weekend! I really am excited. I am going to do Saturday and Monday. I'm sure I picked the 2 busiest days but I don't care.

I decided to skip Memorial Day weekend. Don't think I could do the 24 hour thing. So going the following weekend.

It's also my first time going to a SW weekend. I arrive 5/31. That's my MK day which includes but is not limited to: invited FP+ BOG lunch, FoF parade and 7DMT (hopefully).

June 1 in HS is equally busy, including: Arrive for Storming the Park, SW Breakfast at 9:30, arrive for motorcade at 11:00, Star Tours FP+ at 1:00, dessert party at 9:00 (whew!)

My idea for June 2 being a "free day" is looking better. Maybe TL in the morning. Tentative plans for Epcot in the evening. Check out June 3.

jlsHouston

I decided to skip Memorial Day weekend. Don't think I could do the 24 hour thing. So going the following weekend.

It's also my first time going to a SW weekend. I arrive 5/31. That's my MK day which includes but is not limited to: invited FP+ BOG lunch, FoF parade and 7DMT (hopefully).

June 1 in HS is equally busy, including: Arrive for Storming the Park, SW Breakfast at 9:30, arrive for motorcade at 11:00, Star Tours FP+ at 1:00, dessert party at 9:00 (whew!)

My idea for June 2 being a "free day" is looking better. Maybe TL in the morning. Tentative plans for Epcot in the evening. Check out June 3.

Nice itinerary!

Hyperspace Hoopla

I actually find it ironic how you want others to "stop bashing america" when you at the same time end your sentence bashing European cultures.

Really? Did I "bash" European cultures, or make a statement about what I believe to be normal in some cultures? Did you even read my post, or the post I replied to?

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Any thoughts on whether Disney will (or should) make fast passes available online, rather than making people line up at 3AM?
I have mixed feelings on this. Sure it would be nice to get them the day or week before at a reasonable hour, but there are just so many monkey wrenches that could be thrown into process of getting them online.

The physical line is low tech, but it works and is fair.

If they change anything, I would limit the time that the line can start forming, but even that has problems.

Hyperspace Hoopla

Agreed. The times we've gone early and waited, we've generally had fun with the people we've met in line, and having to suffer through getting there that early probably leads to fewer no shows, I would think.

My only issue is that I have a little one now who would love to meet these guys, but getting him up at 3AM would ruin the entire day. We got there around 7 last year and got FP for Ashley Eckstein (who I was surprised wasn't listed). He enjoyed that.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Agreed. The times we've gone early and waited, we've generally had fun with the people we've met in line, and having to suffer through getting there that early probably leads to fewer no shows, I would think.

My only issue is that I have a little one now who would love to meet these guys, but getting him up at 3AM would ruin the entire day. We got there around 7 last year and got FP for Ashley Eckstein (who I was surprised wasn't listed). He enjoyed that.
I have yet to regret waiting in a Star Wars related line. The short friendship developed with your line buddies makes it all worth it.

Having kids can make it a bit of a problem. We were lucky that 2 of our 3 were in the 16-18 year old range when the lines started getting out of hand. The older ones could keep an eye on the rug rat and take the bus to the parks at a more reasonable hour while my wife and waited in line.

We no longer do the autographs unless there is someone big. If Hamill was signing we would be there the night before, but it is just too much work for too little reward these days.

jlsHouston

Well now I am really excited. Willow is one of the actors the weekend I am visiting. I was going to skip autographs but maybe not...

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Well now I am really excited. Willow is one of the actors the weekend I am visiting. I was going to skip autographs but maybe not...
Autographs for Warwick Davis are not that hard to get. His demand is not that high since he it there almost every year and often for multiple weeks.

lebeau

Feel the Force Premium Package now available ($54 adults, $32 children): https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/hollywood-studios/feel-the-force/

Watch the Star Wars Weekends celebrity motorcade and fireworks from a reserved viewing area with refreshments.

feel-the-force-01.jpg

This Is The Event You’re Looking For
Rocket your Star Wars experience into hyperspace when you buy tickets for the Feel the Force Premium Package. Enjoy a reserved premium viewing area for 2 popular Star Wars Weekends spectaculars—the Legends of the Force: Star Wars Celebrity Motorcade and the Symphony in the Stars fireworks. During the day, the motorcade viewing area includes beverages and snacks; when the stars come out, the fireworks viewing area features a Star Wars-themed dessert party.

The Feel the Force Premium Package will be with you, always: to remember this very special day in a galaxy far, far away, you’ll receive a special souvenir Disney PhotoPass card that can be used to link your photos to your Disney account—and includes a series of complimentary Star Wars photos.

feel-the-force-02.jpg

Know Before You Go

Please review this important information about the Feel the Force Premium Package.
  • The Feel the Force Premium Package occurs every Friday, Saturday and Sunday from May 16 to June 15, 2014.
  • Price: adults $54, children $32 (per day, tax and gratuity included).
  • Legends of the Force: Star Wars Celebrity Motorcade viewing experience happens from 11:00 AM to 12:00 noon with the motorcade starting at 11:30 AM.
  • Symphony in the Stars fireworks dessert party takes place from 9:00 PM to 10:00 PM with the firework shows beginning at approximately 9:30 PM.
  • To check in for this event, please visit Min and Bill's Dockside Diner starting at 10:30 AM.
  • Guests will receive a wristband during the motorcade viewing that will allow entry into the evening fireworks dessert party. If you are unable to attend the motorcade viewing, please check in at Min and Bill's Dockside Diner starting at 8:30 PM.
  • Beverages include soda, water, tea and coffee. The fireworks dessert party includes a specialty beverage with an alcoholic option. Guests must be 21 years of age or older to consume alcoholic beverages.
  • Seating is not available.
  • Discounts do not apply.

Wow, they are really pimping the "premium" experiences. I have been knocking these, but I actually signed up for this one. I'm the only Star Wars fan in the family, so I won't be lining up for any of the SW activities. But I did want to see the parade and the fireworks. Reserved viewing spots and grub will make this an easier sell for the family. Still, that price tag! Ouch.

jlsHouston

Autographs for Warwick Davis are not that hard to get. His demand is not that high since he it there almost every year and often for multiple weeks.

Oh boy, this is looking better and better. I am bringing my Willow dvd with me and a sharpee, think I can get it signed??? Think I can get a pic with him too??? Do they let you get pics????

jlsHouston

Wow, they are really pimping the "premium" experiences. I have been knocking these, but I actually signed up for this one. I'm the only Star Wars fan in the family, so I won't be lining up for any of the SW activities. But I did want to see the parade and the fireworks. Reserved viewing spots and grub will make this an easier sell for the family. Still, that price tag! Ouch.

I signed up too. I thought it was $ 100 bucks well spent for 2 special seatings and desserts. The dessert party for wishes is like 25 or 30 bucks. This gets you the parade and the firework special.

novawildcat18

Unfortunately, it looks like he's only there one weekend this year. And it won't be a weekend that I'm there for. He's the only one I'd want to meet, I'm much more of a Harry Potter fan than Star Wars.

JohnD

I signed up too. I thought it was $ 100 bucks well spent for 2 special seatings and desserts. The dessert party for wishes is like 25 or 30 bucks. This gets you the parade and the firework special.

Yep. It's a good deal for both. Apparently there is a $500 VIP ticket which gets you the same thing and "special access". For me, already being an AP holder, a SW Breakfast ($47) and this deal ($54) along with FP+ for Star Tours and drinking in everthing else SW is enough of a value for me.

prberk

The guest list is finally here.

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/bl...actic-stars-shine-at-star-wars-weekends-2014/

Weekend I: May 16-18

Ahmed Best: Jar Jar Binks (Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace; Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones; Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith; Star Wars: The Clone Wars)

Peter Mayhew: Chewbacca (Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith; Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope; Star Wars: Episode V The Empire Strikes Back; Star Wars: Episode VI Return of the Jedi; Star Wars: The Clone Wars)

Vanessa Marshall: Hera Syndulla (Star Wars Rebels)

Weekend II: May 23-25

Warwick Davis: Wicket W. Warrick (Star Wars: Episode VI Return of the Jedi); Wald (Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace)

Jeremy Bulloch: Boba Fett (Star Wars: Episode V The Empire Strikes Back; Star Wars: Episode VI Return of the Jedi); Capt. Jeremoch Colton (Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith)

Tiya Sircar: Sabine Wren (Star Wars Rebels)

Weekend III: May 30-June 1

Ray Park: Darth Maul (Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace)

John Ratzenberger: Major Bren Derlin (Star Wars: Episode V The Empire Strikes Back)

Taylor Gray: Ezra Bridger (Star Wars Rebels)

Weekend IV: June 6-8

Mark Hamill: Luke Skywalker (Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope; Star Wars: Episode V The Empire Strikes Back; Star Wars: Episode VI Return of the Jedi); Darth Bane (Star Wars: The Clone Wars)

Ray Park: Darth Maul (Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace)

Billy Dee Williams: Lando Calrissian (Star Wars: Episode V The Empire Strikes Back; Star Wars: Episode VI Return of the Jedi)

Taylor Gray: Ezra Bridger (Star Wars Rebels)

Weekend V: June 13-15

Dee Bradley Baker: Captain Rex/the Clones, Bossk and several additional characters (Star Wars: The Clone Wars)

Cat Taber: Padmé Amidala and several additional characters (Star Wars: The Clone Wars)

Tom Kane: Yoda, the series’ narrator and several additional characters (Star Wars: The Clone Wars)

Matt Lanter: Anakin Skywalker and several additional characters (Star Wars: The Clone Wars)

Steve Blum: Zeb Orrelios (Star Wars Rebels)

Now, see, this is why I prefere the old practice of starting a new "news" thread when something like this is announced; because I would rather know right away that it is new information instead of just more pages of discussion on this now-17-page-long threa that was started many moons ago. I am not in the practice of opening every thread every day to see if the 15th page contains new useful information.

And it likely would have had a different title, such as "Full Guest List for SW Weekends 2014 Announced;" which is a more clear description of the information contained in it than "Star Wars Weekends 2014 dates announced."

So, while I understand the idea of keeping related info together in one thread, I think it is better to start a new thread when news happens. I could then scan the headlines (thread titles and dates) and decide if it is worth opening, without scanning pages and pages to find the actual news among discussion.

Just my thoughts.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom