Star Wars themed land announced for Disneyland

yookeroo

I was genuinely curious Constance ;) I haven't read anyone say Disney is evil and wanted to know.

Well, she said that this is what it feels like to her, not that anyone has actually used the word "evil". And she's right. When you combine a huge emotional investment in the parks and and a need to be a guardians of Walt's vision, it can get ugly. Seems people want you to feel guilty for enjoying an amusement park.

CC, learn to use the ignore feature. It's a godsend. OK, many times you only see half the conversation, but when you realize what the half you're missing consists of, it all seems OK.

Curious Constance

I was genuinely curious Constance ;) I haven't read anyone say Disney is evil and wanted to know. I'm not on anyone's side. Just because I agree with someone says on one issue doesn't mean I always agree with them. In fact I have some pretty unique takes on Disney and theme parks a as a whole, but I tend to not express it near as much anymore, because the name calling and insults has gotten out of control. The lack of respect and civility when talking about of all things a theme park, is sad.

I don't know what Endor said that was so disparaging, but you do realize 75% of what he says is sarcastic right? It was possibly a comedic attempt that didn't hit.
I didn't intend any annoyance with you. It just gets SO OLD being called a hypocrite, or a Disney apologist, or embarrassing, any of the other sarcastic, annoying things that get posted. Whether it's direct or implied. I get to the point, where I have to call it like I see it.

Travel Junkie

I didn't intend any annoyance with you. It just gets SO OLD being called a hypocrite, or a Disney apologist, or embarrassing, any of the other sarcastic, annoying things that get posted. Whether it's direct or implied. I get to the point, where I have to call it like I see it.

I wasn't annoyed, just didn't know if someone actually said that or implied it or what. I agree it's gets old talking about how someone said something other than analyzing what they said and having respect for everyone.

Donaldfan1934

I just looked at the list of attractions at TDS on Wikipedia and there were only a handful of notable attractions unique to the park.
I just looked too, here's how many attractions have clones.
Mediterranean Harbor: 1/6
Mysterious Island: 0/2
Mermaid Lagoon: 2/7
Arabian Coast: 1/4
Lost River Delta: 2/4
Port Discovery: 0/3
American Waterfront: 3/8
That's only 9/34 attractions and shows not counting things like restaurants and shops. Those 9 were Fantasmic!, Ariel's Greeting Grotto, Jumpin' Jellyfish, Jasmine's Magic Carpets, Indiana Jones Adventure, Raging Spirits, Toy Story Midway Mania, Tower of Terror minus the Twilight Zone theming, and Turtle Talk With Crush. Here's the list so that we can both revisit for future reference.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Tokyo_DisneySea_attractions

Last edited:

Curious Constance

I wasn't annoyed, just didn't know if someone actually said that or implied it or what. I agree it's gets old talking about how someone said something other than analyzing what they said and having respect for everyone.
Sometimes my respect flies right out the window, lol. I realize some people are just too different to ever really get along very well. And that's fine. But there are times, I just can't have to call certain things out. I might have to learn to use that darn ignore feature after all. :cool:

Donaldfan1934

To me, personally, this how Disney boards tend to feel.

Me: I love this movie!

Someone else: I hate it. It's dumb.

Me: I'm so excited for this new ride!

Someone else: Disney is evil for building it and people who lap this stuff up are dumb and when people say they love it, I get so angry I could scream, or puke, or hit something, or all three.
It has nothing to do with whatever movies we like, it's a matter of whether or not its a good fit for the park. For example, I lo Star Wars, but I don't think that Disneyland Park is the place for it.

D

Deleted member 107043

I just looked too, here's how many attractions have clones.
Mediterranean Harbor: 1/6
Mysterious Island: 0/2
Mermaid Lagoon: 0/7
Arabian Coast: 1/4
Lost River Delta: 1/4
Port Discovery: 0/3
American Waterfront: 3/8
That's only 6/34 attractions and shows not counting things like restaurants and shops. Those 6 were Fantasmic!, Jasmine's Magic Carpets, Indiana Jones Adventure, Toy Story Midway Mania, Tower of Terror minus the Twilight Zone theming, and Turtle Talk With Crush. Here's the list so that we can both revisit for future reference.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Tokyo_DisneySea_attractions

There are more than that, and of the ones that aren't clones only a few of them are significant enough to wish they'd come to Anaheim. OLC may be good at park operations, better than Disney even, but I don't see much in the way of original content that would move me to want them to buy DLR. Not only that, they are putting a similar level of emphasis on Disney IP. *shrugs*

Curious Constance

It has nothing to do with whatever movies we like, it's a matter of whether or not its a good fit for the park. For example, I lo Star Wars, but I don't think that Disneyland Park is the place for it.
While I don't agree with a lot of your posts, you're always very respectful. I was commenting on a time when we were all talking about our favorite Disney movies, and right after I posted mine, the very next post was someone blasting it and saying how much they hated it. Do they have a right to that opinion? Of course. Is there a time and a place to post things like that for no reason? I believe there is. And I think there is a huge double standard around here.

D

Deleted member 107043

You're actually pretty nice about it, unlike me. :angelic:

Donaldfan1934

There are more than that, and of the ones that aren't clones only a few of them are significant enough to wish they'd come to Anaheim. OLC may be good at park operations, better than Disney even, but I don't see much in the way of original content that would move me to want them to buy DLR. Not only that, they are putting a similar level of emphasis on Disney IP. *shrugs*
Ok, 8 since the list counts the Ariel meet and greet and I miseed Jumpin' Jellyfish, but what else specifically did you see that I missed? Yes, some A-B ticket experiences are very park specific, but they make the difference as well.

Jiggsawpuzzle35

My thing is people constantly calling me out for negativity and asking why I even bother going to Disney. I can assure you it isn't for Marvel comic books, Frozen, Star Wars BB-8 sippy cups and ridiculous ugly C-3PO hats no one should ever wear, Luigi's spinning ride or tacky overlays of classic attractions. Some of us have different tastes and, in my opinion, a lot of Disney's modern additions/alterations to the parks are quite...tasteless.
The problem with you is that you have already made it known you hate Star Wars land and the new Luigi ride. We get that and it's perfectly fine because you are entitled to your own opinion. You don't have to remind us every week how much it sucks and how much you hate it. Your point has been made. Most of us who visit these threads are looking forward to these attractions and don't need to reminded how much you despise it.

Donaldfan1934

My thing is people constantly calling me out for negativity and asking why I even bother going to Disney. I can assure you it isn't for Marvel comic books, Frozen, Star Wars BB-8 sippy cups and ridiculous ugly C-3PO hats no one should ever wear, Luigi's spinning ride or tacky overlays of classic attractions. Some of us have different tastes and, in my opinion, a lot of Disney's modern additions/alterations to the parks are quite...tasteless.
The original Luigi ride was based on the flying saucers but I don't think that the new one is based on any previous attraction so what's your complaint?

Donaldfan1934

The problem with you is that you have already made it known you hate Star Wars land and the new Luigi ride. We get that and it's perfectly fine because you are entitled to your own opinion. You don't have to remind us every week how much it sucks and how much you hate it. Your point has been made. Most of us who visit these threads are looking forward to these attractions and don't need to reminded how much you despise it.
Well this is the place for opinions on the development of Star Wars land so opinions are going to be brought up many times over.

D

Deleted member 107043

Ok, 8 since the list counts the Ariel meet and greet and I miseed Jumpin' Jellyfish, but what else specifically did you see that I missed?

You also forgot Raging Spirits, which is a clone of the Indiana Jones Temple of Peril coaster in Paris.

Jiggsawpuzzle35

Well this is the place for opinions on the development of Star Wars land so opinions are going to be brought up many times over.
Opinions are fine but most of the time he's not adding anything new that hasn't already been said. Everytime I go in the Luigi thread , the only thing that stands out is him saying how much he despises that stupid flat ride. I visit sports forums everyday and in our world we call that trolling .

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom