Star Wars themed land announced for Disneyland

prberk

Well even that awful Mission: Space seemed to be tied into the Mission to Mars movie. But maybe when that was so poorly received, they decided to mostly scrap that idea, but kept the Gary Sinise movie.

I am not sure that it was really tied to the Mission to Mars movie, or if so, very lightly; because the "Mission to Mars" theme is really older than that. It was a longrunning Tomorrowland ride (replaced by Alien Encounter and later Stitch). So, if anything, the movie was based on the ride.

PrincessJenn5795

I've never ridden Mission Space. Is it really that bad?

I didn't think it was bad at all, and it was nice to have a different type of ride the typical dark rides or roller coasters. My kids, especially my son, like it a lot too. I don't think it is on any of our favorites lists, but it is fun. I have only ever done the more intense side, so I on't know what the tame version is like.

planodisney

I love it. I can't overemphasize how realistic the feeling of launching in a rocket it provides. The slingshot around the moon and then off to Mars is an absolute blast. It's a must ride for us every time but I will say that not everyone in our family can take it. My brother gets a little claustrophobic.

westie

I rode MS once. Within seconds I realized it was a spinny-ride and my day was about to be ruined. I actually reached over and tried to open the door. I don't do well on spinny rides...

Sage of Time

Quite true. I can't think of anything that's opened at any Disney park in the last decade+ where it wasn't attached to a Disney IP. The one exception is Tower of Terror at DCA.

Can anyone else think of any attraction that's opened in the last decade or so in North America not attached to a Disney IP?
Everest and Rivers of Light will seemingly be the only non-IP things around from 2006 to 2016.

DAK has all the fun.

:)

D

Deleted member 107043

Thanks for the Mission Space reviews! I'll have to check it out if I ever go to WDW again.

Everest and Rivers of Light will seemingly be the only non-IP things around from 2006 to 2016.

What's the content going to be in RoL? I'm expecting lots of Disney related music and visuals.

George Lucas on a Bench

I think it was around the point where you press a button (or not, either way it happens and it's always the same) and apparently have to use a joystick (which doesn't work) that I realized how awful Mission: Space is. It's a really sickening experience spinning in that cramped module looking at a tiny TV screen while that creep Gary Sinise yells at you.

GiveMeTheMusic

What's the content going to be in RoL? I'm expecting lots of Disney related music and visuals.

Don't - the show appears to be Disney character free. Everything they showed at D23 indicates that the show will be more IllumiNations than Wishes content-wise. Lots of animals, tribal dance, etc. Not a hint of mouse ears in what was shown, which is a good thing.

Stevek

Horizons was to EPCOT as Haunted Mansion is to Magic Kingdom and Pirates is to Disneyland.
Horizons, World of Motion, Spaceship Earth, Original Journey Into Imagination....all classics somewhat comparable to Mansion or Pirates. It's a shame that many folks never got to experience early Epcot though I think today's generation might be bored stiff with edutainment.

dweezil78

Horizons, World of Motion, Spaceship Earth, Original Journey Into Imagination....all classics somewhat comparable to Mansion or Pirates. It's a shame that many folks never got to experience early Epcot though I think today's generation might be bored stiff with edutainment.

Horizons is/was my favorite ride ever. But they would have had a damn hard time keeping that one up-to-date/relevant and the fans happy at the same time. The original Journey, however, would have become a timeless classic like Pirates and Mansion.

Stevek

There's something called a topic
Thanks moderator. Why bother posting this...are you the message board police now? Looks like you haven't been around here long and judging by some of your posts, you're pretty much here just to stir the pot. Called someone a moron, another one a 100% troll. You're off to a good start.

Topics often stray, especially when there really isn't much new news. But hey guys, let's get it back on track. No more talk about anything other than Star Wars Land at Disneyland. Don't want to upset the new kid on the block.

Stevek

I assume whenever you start a conversation with someone in real life you don't allow it to organically drift into other areas? I assume this because I can't imagine anyone would want to have a conversation with you in real life. Unlike other boards that seem to be policed by message board hallway monitors, we are a group of a few dozen adults who understand how to converse with one another without being thrown off and angry that we're not 100% staying on topic all the time.

Also, how's that "not an expansion" thing coming along?
And that's one of the things I actually enjoy about this site. It can get a little edgy/rough, maybe a little over the top at times but for the most part, folks are cool with each other. I'm always suspicious of someone that comes in and immediately starts insulting people. Maybe Kippel has returned under a new name?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom