Star Wars Rebels Cartoon

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
Original Poster
inquisitor-stormtroopers.jpg

From Entertainment Weekly

Here is a new image from Disney XD’s upcoming animated series Star Wars Rebels, a prequel/sequel set between Episode III and IV. Less geeky translation: Star Wars Rebels covers the events leading up to the first 1977 Star Wars film, an origin story of the Rebel Alliance.

Front and center is the show’s toothy new bad guy, the Inquisitor. He’s been tasked by the Emperor with hunting down the remaining Jedi Knights. He looks very eager to do his job. Star Wars Rebels is scheduled to premiere this fall as a one-hour special telecast on Disney Channel, it will be followed by a series on Disney XD channels around the globe.

MOXOMUMD

The fact that Dave Filoni is working on this project, I see him working in some of the popular characters from The Clone Wars, even though he is not writing the premiere episode. I guess we'll find out at Celebration Europe in July.

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
Original Poster
Meet Chopper

star-wars-rebels.jpg

From Entertainment Weekly -

He’s described as “a lazy, cranky (if ultimately goodhearted) astromech droid” who is an “an essential crew member of the Ghost, tasked with keeping the starship running and operable for its band of heroes. In reality, thanks to his many “unique” upgrades and customizations, no other alien, human, or droid could handle the job.”

The design of Chopper — a.k.a. “C1-10P” — is based on early Star Wars concept art for R2-D2 by artist Ralph McQuarrie. Star Wars Rebels is set four years before the events in A New Hope, so the droid represents an earlier generation. Star Wars Rebels premieres this fall.

Bonus: A behind the scenes video clip of Chopper’s creation:

Some quotes from video -

"If R2 is your favorite dog, Chopper is a cat."

"The biggest difference between R2 and Chopper is R2 actually cares that you like him. Where as Chopper doesn't care at all."

" I guess he ultimately means well, you just sometimes it's hard to tell."

Last edited:

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Yeah, and even if we limit it to the movies it is made clear in Episode III that some Jedi may have survived.
It was also pretty clear from a bit of dialogue in Episode 4 "For over a thousand generations, the Jedi Knights were the guardians of peace and justice in the Old Republic. Before the dark times. Before the Empire. A young Jedi named Darth Vader, who was a pupil of mine until he turned to evil, helped the Empire hunt down and destroy the Jedi Knights."

We of course did not know the final ramifications of this until we saw "order 66" in Episode 3.

It is know as the "Great Jedi Purge" in the expanded universe.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I'm guessing we'll also be seeing alot of Boba Fett in this series.

Certainly would make sense. There are a number of characters from Clone Wars that would be nice to see in Rebels assuming their stories aren't wrapped up in the currently un-aired Clone Wars episodes. I would like to see more of Asajj Ventress, she was a great character.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Certainly would make sense. There are a number of characters from Clone Wars that would be nice to see in Rebels assuming their stories aren't wrapped up in the currently un-aired Clone Wars episodes. I would like to see more of Asajj Ventress, she was a great character.
Are those episodes going to see the light of day or will they just be covered in the upcoming Clone Wars Comic by Dark Horse?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom