Star Wars Park?

andysol

Original Poster
Got this from another forum I follow:

The new trailer for Star Wars VII was just released by Bob Iger and JJ Abrams to the crowd at the Star Wars Celebration converntion in Anaheim. You can see it below.

CNBC interviewed Iger immediately after the trailer was shown. He was beaming with excitement. He said that they are working on developing Star Wars properties in the parks right now - properties because they will be in multiple parks. She asked him about the possibility of a Star Wars only park. His reply, with a huge grin on his face, "I'd rather not discuss anything at this time".
scratchchin.gif

Here is the video (Thanks to @DDLand for finding it)
http://video.cnbc.com/gallery/?play=1&video=3000371753

Interesting. I don't think we'll get a park, but something should be here soon.

Last edited:

zakattack99

In the Parks
No
Agree Iger needs no either finally announce or keep his yap closed. If there is going to be a star wars park announcement I'd expect it to be at d23 in Aug. to help build for the movie... not that it will need it. And Finally....

THE NEW TRAILER IS SPECTACULAR!!!! HAVING TOTAL GEEK OUT RIGHT NOW!!!! SO EXCITED FOR THIS MOVIE!!!

TP2000

There were thousands of people camped out overnight to get into the Anaheim Convention Center this morning. If they only knew that the entire cast of the movie (sans Ford, obviously) was eating dinner at Napa Rose at the Grand Californian, just a couple blocks away, they might have ignored the hundreds of pizzas JJ Abrams had delivered to them out on the sidewalk.

And this Star Wars Celebration runs through Sunday with more information to come each day.

There might be more info leaked for the Theme Park future of Star Wars later this weekend. Or it might need to wait four months for the next big Anaheim event, D23 Expo in August. Either way, the Star Wars universe is focused most intently on Anaheim for the next four days and more information will be leaked out from various sources, I can easily imagine.

Star-Wars-Celebration-Anaheim-2015-Wednesday-Photos-Line-Badges-Tickets-Info-01-RSJ.jpg

Frankie The Beer

Got this from another forum I follow:

The new trailer for Star Wars VII was just released by Bob Iger and JJ Abrams to the crowd at the Star Wars Celebration converntion in Anaheim. You can see it below.

CNBC interviewed Iger immediately after the trailer was shown. He was beaming with excitement. He said that they are working on developing Star Wars properties in the parks right now - properties because they will be in multiple parks. She asked him about the possibility of a Star Wars only park. His reply, with a huge grin on his face, "I'd rather not discuss anything at this time".
scratchchin.gif

Interesting. I don't think we'll get a park, but something should be here soon.

Man, Disney is brilliantly playing us along with this new Star Wars stuff. I can see people in a theatre screaming over the ending of that trailer.

HauntedMansionFLA

I guarantee there will not be a standalone Star Wars park at WDW.

Iger has already said that Star Wars will be a major focus of the refurbishing of Hollywood Studios.

They're struggling to maintain four gates -- they do not need a fifth.
Yes, they need to fix the three parks to take the pressure off the magic kingdom. Hopefully Star Wars will be a huge expansion at DHS. It would be amines making machine. I don't know if Iger has been to a lot of theses conventions but it show give him an idea how passionate the fan base is.

Incomudro

Very cool trailer.
I'm not a big Star Wars fan personally (JAWS was my thing) but I follow it due to my kids.
We've been to 3 Star Wars Weekends - this will be the first on we missed in three seasons, and my son even got to be in the parade the year before last.
My kids are going to like this trailer.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom