Star Wars Land

Grotto123

Original Poster
Heard a rumor circulating DHS lately and gaining alot of steam. One of the main reasons to axe the parade was so the for mentioned star wars land to expand out towards the television parking lot. The Photopass trailers and parade building will then be torn down and the cast parking lot will be removed(cast members will be built a parking garage at espn and bussed over), also slated to be moved is the main entrance moving were the current bus drop of is , there for enabling the hat to be moved to the current entrance playing a part as soon as u walk in the park. also rumors of the entrance moving seems to gained more speed as it will be moved to the light by either pop or art. with all the land and trees being removed the old entrances with be torn out to replace the land that is lost. again these are just rumors but i can see this happening specially since WDI has purposed a 3 to 5 year reimagining of the park..

djkidkaz

The problem I have with this theory of the parades being a sign of something coming ( Star Wars Land ) is that why close the parade down and all the other shows if you haven't even announced anything? All of that stuff could still be running until Disney makes an announcement and then finally starts construction. Look at DTD as an example, they didn't do anything to prep until after the announcement was made. The prior prep was for Hyperion Wharf so that doesn't count.

doctornick

I think it is certainly possible that the stopping the parades and moving the access road are the first step towards an expanded Star Wars, but I'm not holding my breath until there is something more official.

FWIW, the parade buildings from what others have said is right behind the Star Tours/Backlot Express area. So, removing the parade would mean not needing those building, which means that space could be used for expansion.

Grotto123

Original Poster
good point but the reason may being to cancel the parade early is one to same money, why invest in a parade to keep up the floats and pay entertainers if your going to cancel it anyway, to i wouldnt be surprised in the reason nothing is announced yet because if u announce people would expect to see action like in avatar they announce but no action so i believe the parade building is being used for the dismantle of the floats there in turn once complete the can move forward

WDWDad13

I could see this to be honest... new roadways in, new entrance, parade stopping (which seemed pretty sudden IMO) and we all know the parade float storage would be where a star wars expansion could be

Tim_4

The problem I have with this theory of the parades being a sign of something coming ( Star Wars Land ) is that why close the parade down and all the other shows if you haven't even announced anything? All of that stuff could still be running until Disney makes an announcement and then finally starts construction. Look at DTD as an example, they didn't do anything to prep until after the announcement was made. The prior prep was for Hyperion Wharf so that doesn't count.
Announcement timing has nothing to do with when projects start. It's all a marketing gimmick. Universal was well underway with Potter 2 before it was officially announced.

Disney learned a bit of a lesson with Hyperion. Announcing and cancelling looks bad. Better to delay until you're 300% sure.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Now you've gone and got them all in a tizzy.

Stirring-the-pot-80376509573.gif

midwest_mice

I can see something happening, most of the parade buildings are just tin sheds anyways so there isn't any major loss there. Also, I could still see them expanding pixar place soon

Sully83

I have a feeling this will start really picking up steam, Uni forced TDO hand. Currently Uni will not unseat wdw has a whole but wdw can't risk people spending half their vacation at mk and Epcot and then spending the other half at Uni. Make no mistake every expansion Uni makes just takes up more families time and keeps them for part of their vacations away from disney. Honestly I feel like Star Wars, cars land, and avatar (regardless we feel) are all green lit now, they have two answer Uni for DHS and DAK

misterID

I'll say no.

Iger has been saying that all a long. And most likely, it'll happen over seas before it happens here, which I believe there are already attractions planned for SW and Marvel?

doctornick

I can see something happening, most of the parade buildings are just tin sheds anyways so there isn't any major loss there. Also, I could still see them expanding pixar place soon

Plus, if they end up adding a new parade in the future to DHS (saw, bringing over the current Pixar parade from DCA), they could build new buildings easily as part of the Pixar Place expansion -- I'm envisioning new parade storage in the area of the current access road/toll gate behind the Premiere Theater and LMA.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom