News Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge - Historical Construction/Impressions

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
In particular, I was referring to park investment or lack thereof when mentioning @ParentsOf4 . I'm all ears or eyes for stats that prove otherwise.
All you have to do is go back and look. When quoting earlier investment, it appears that he only includes income from parks and resorts for the percentage. His later calculations seem to look at the entire company, not just parks and resorts. Accurate, but misleading. I could be wrong, but I had done some calculations the first time, and that is what I found.

ParentsOf4

All you have to do is go back and look. When quoting earlier investment, it appears that he only includes income from parks and resorts for the percentage. His later calculations seem to look at the entire company, not just parks and resorts. Accurate, but misleading. I could be wrong, but I had done some calculations the first time, and that is what I found.
I believe I accurately use all data from Disney.

I would greatly appreciate you linking to a post where you believed I might have used misleading data.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
I believe I accurately use all data from Disney.

I would greatly appreciate you linking to a post where you believed I might have used misleading data.
Never said it wasn't accurate. I had just thought that you used only parks and resorts income data in some cases, but complete company income data in others for your calculations. This would show a much lower percentage in the graphs when you use total company income compared to parks and resorts only. In addition, there were times when you only included domestic park spending for your percentages, but Disney has global parks that need maintaining and updates. To me, when you say that they spent a certain percentage 30 years ago, you are looking only at 3 parks. Now you are looking at 12, and you have to include spending at all of them, and sometimes you don't. Again, it is accurate. If I have time, I'll go back and research, but it will take time.

ParentsOf4

Never said it wasn't accurate. I had just thought that you used only parks and resorts income data in some cases, but complete company income data in others for your calculations. This would show a much lower percentage in the graphs when you use total company income compared to parks and resorts only. In addition, there were times when you only included domestic park spending for your percentages, but Disney has global parks that need maintaining and updates. To me, when you say that they spent a certain percentage 30 years ago, you are looking only at 3 parks. Now you are looking at 12, and you have to include spending at all of them, and sometimes you don't. Again, it is accurate. If I have time, I'll go back and research, but it will take time.
One park or 100, percentage is a fair comparison. In fact, it's the most fair comparison. Absolute dollars would not be due to corporate growth and inflation.

There's a reason I tend to use percentages. ;)

As far as I can recall, I use Parks & Resorts data almost exclusively.

The one exception I recall is when I graphed Parks & Resorts capex against company-wide revenue to show that Disney was taking much bigger risks decades ago than it does today. This is a fair graph because it demonstrates that Disney's old management stuck their corporate necks out when they invested heavily in P&R.

I don't have that many posts. Please let me know if you find one where you think I'm being unfair and we can discuss it further. :)

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
One park or 100, percentage is a fair comparison. In fact, it's the most fair comparison. Absolute dollars would not be due to corporate growth and inflation.

There's a reason I tend to use percentages. ;)

As far as I can recall, I use Parks & Resorts data almost exclusively.

The one exception I recall is when I graphed Parks & Resorts capex against company-wide revenue to show that Disney was taking much bigger risks decades ago than it does today. This is a fair graph because it demonstrates that Disney's old management stuck their corporate necks out when they invested heavily in P&R.

I don't have that many posts. Please let me know if you find one where you think I'm being unfair and we can discuss it further. :)
Fair enough.

D

Deleted member 107043

They are feeding you bits and pieces without the full picture, and slanting statistics to make things look bad.

Wut? Why that's absurd. I've never seen someone troll a Disney fan site with their personal agenda.

ku-medium.gif

Bulldog1653

It looks like it's still a little while off but has there been any discussion of what they plan to do on opening day? Parade similar to SWW in DHS Florida maybe? I would love it if the 501st Legion was allowed to be part of it.

TP2000

Happy Monday Update (shot over the weekend)
The Pit is now getting some interior decoration :)

Can anyone tells us what all these shuttle buses and multi-car trams are that keep driving through the middle of this construction are? Are these employee shuttles? TDA tour buses? There's a lot of them, and every minute or two they drive through the middle of this area. Why?

180º

Can anyone tells us what all these shuttle buses and multi-car trams are that keep driving through the middle of this construction are? Are these employee shuttles? TDA tour buses? There's a lot of them, and every minute or two they drive through the middle of this area. Why?
They started running BOH shuttles for cast members through here. I guess during construction they'd rather have it closed to pedestrians.

Old Mouseketeer

They started running BOH shuttles for cast members through here. I guess during construction they'd rather have it closed to pedestrians.

My rebel spies tell me there are three new shuttle lines since the closure of Winston Gate. One BOH shuttle runs from the metal roof structure East of the Entertainment building and South of TDA (This is the terminus of the BOH shuttle that runs down the East side to Harbor Gate, then South and West around the perimeter of DCA ending behind Calif. Screamin'). From the TDA stop, the new shuttle goes West and South almost to Indy, South of ODV and near the West Sider employee cafe.

Two more new shuttles run from the Ball CM parking lot North of M&F, East on Ball Rd. and into the Service Entrance just past the TDA parking structure. One goes down to ODV and the other goes to the Northeast corner of Star Wars land, Toontown, and Performing Arts building (where guest groups park their buses).

So in these videos you are seeing shuttles for two of those routes. It will be interesting to see what happens to these additional shuttle routes when the new service road opens hugging the fence against Disneyland Drive and the parking tram route. That's if that actually gets finished in January with a new Winston Gate for CMs.

No Bothan spies were killed, etc. But I am looking forward to seeing what Bothans actually look like in December. LOL

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom