News Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge - Historical Construction/Impressions

HauntedMansionFLA

I think Disney likes to hide the construction 'mess, from the onstage view/guests. They don't worry much about the rest, and can't do much about it anyway. Once the perimeter walls / facades are up, that will be the end of a lot of the vantage points.
It will be hard to get picture updates Once the two E-ticket rides go vertical. It's nice to see the progress and great pictures.

D

Deleted member 107043

I got some pictures of SWL construction from backstage yesterday, but it just looks like a pile of dirt. Maybe I can get closer pictures...? I'm sure it won't help at all since the elevated pictures show way more.

Um you need to post them post haste! You were backstage? I have so many questions.

Curious Constance

MiceAge posted a few construction pics today on their weekly SW update.

Whatever this wall is it appears to be nearing completion.
SWL-July-20-Mid-2.jpg

Meanwhile, the other mysterious wall behind Big Thunder is growing.
SWL-July-20-South-2.jpg

And there's another odd wall that has popped up along the back tip of TSI.
SWL-July-20-South-1.jpg

A closer look.
SWL-July-20-South-8.jpg

Are we sure Donald Trump isn't involved with this project?

Variable

Yes, they have to get River of America and the Railroad up and running ASAP. It great to see pictures of some sort of progress. On the other hand, DHS...........

What I sure can't get from the pictures is any idea of the elevation of the finished grade - the walkways.
You know, how far below finished grade is the current surface? I can't picture in my mind what the RoA water level is going to be, or high the banks would be along there. That said, I have to figure we're several feet below finished grade going by the difference between RoA high nominal water level and the walkways around Liberty, Frontierland.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom