News Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge - Historical Construction/Impressions

Phroobar

I did not think that new autonomy extended to do "doing our own thing" vis a vis star wars and its rides/plans. I did not see where the two locations had become uncoupled on that or the Toy Story project.
Sure, this change of management style came after plans are cemented for both park's lands. That doesn't mean that Florida's will not be missing little details that Disneyland will have. A missing droid or sculpture here or there. We won't know it until both are up and running anyway.

Variable

Sure, this change of management style came after plans are cemented for both park's lands. That doesn't mean that Florida's will not be missing little details that Disneyland will have. A missing droid or sculpture here or there. We won't know it until both are up and running anyway.

Some minor choice in decoration is one thing, the escalation to different ride systems is another. I do find it funny that everyone assumes DL will have JUST the right amount of "detail" vs WDW. Just another subjective, pointless. fake measurement. A "missing" droid? Where is the required number and types of droids defined.

Come on guys, I too like DL versions of several attractions over those of WDW, but differences don't automatically equate to better/worse - just different.

Mike S

Hasn't it already been confirmed that there will be differences in the layout of each land? Here's a map @marni1971 made of WDW's. Let's compare to DL, shall we?
image.jpeg

Phroobar

Nice picture! Without the train and changes to the ROA, it makes the new land look small and flat. What do you want to bet that divider berm will not be realized on both sides? They will say, "It is a movie studio. We let you see behind the scenes."

Mike S

Nice picture! Without the train and changes to the ROA, it makes the new land look small and flat. What do you want to bet that divider berm will not be realized on both sides? They will say, "It is a movie studio. We let you see behind the scenes."
They are moving away from the studio theme though.

Stevek

They are moving away from the studio theme though.
Yeah, that's been on the way out for awhile. Really is more of a collection of movie based lands/attractions...pretty much like much of many other Disney parks. Beyond DAK and Epcot (for now), the other two parks really are become a bit more like each other with all the changes happening to DHS.

dweezil78

Without the train and changes to the ROA, it makes the new land look small and flat.

I think that has more to do with Martin's quick sketch vs. the official dramatic, epic concept art we've seen for DL with otherworldly mountains that reach up into the clouds with X-Wings flying by. :)

D

Deleted member 107043

MiceAge posted a few construction pics today on their weekly SW update.

Whatever this wall is it appears to be nearing completion.
SWL-July-20-Mid-2.jpg

Meanwhile, the other mysterious wall behind Big Thunder is growing.
SWL-July-20-South-2.jpg

And there's another odd wall that has popped up along the back tip of TSI.
SWL-July-20-South-1.jpg

A closer look.
SWL-July-20-South-8.jpg

P_Radden

Where folks taking these pics from? They seem to be up in elevation, like from a parking structure?

One would think TWDC should want to hide the construction progress especially for something as high profile as Star Wars Land.

Am I wrong?

Variable

Where folks taking these pics from? They seem to be up in elevation, like from a parking structure?

One would think TWDC should want to hide the construction progress especially for something as high profile as Star Wars Land.

Am I wrong?

I think Disney likes to hide the construction 'mess, from the onstage view/guests. They don't worry much about the rest, and can't do much about it anyway. Once the perimeter walls / facades are up, that will be the end of a lot of the vantage points.

munchiezxx

I got some pictures of SWL construction from backstage yesterday, but it just looks like a pile of dirt. Maybe I can get closer pictures...? I'm sure it won't help at all since the elevated pictures show way more.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom