News Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge - Historical Construction/Impressions

BrianLo

Original Poster
36078083971_e9d4439ef9_o.jpg

Here we go....

I used a bunch of different colours if only to highlight how totally unsure I am which ones fit together. If the later two entrances to the right of the turret marquee represents single rider and FP... then the blue line could actually be a bit more of a straight shot around into the down engine tube. If you instead go to the left you might get the pink standby line taking the long way to many hours of hidden switchbacks.

There are a ton of different semi-obvious queue structures before you really even get indoors. The yellow squiggles are just a few major areas that I foresee switchbacks. We have a nice initial section that seems to wrap by those waterfalls (albeit the blue may not do that close of a drive by), a huge open-cave section with Rebel ships and the large downed engine. The only reason those need to be in that sequence is for logistics of not having the standby and FP/single rider paths criss-cross one another.

The red is where I believe the exit path will push out... coming out of the building, passed the outside of the downed engine semi-cylindrical structure (but between that structure and the trees where the main path into the town centre is you can make out a path that doesn't ever communicate with the main one anywhere else). Finally dumping truly out by the merch stands.

Now the one other point of speculation supporting that being the exit is that the downed engine has an exterior ridged lip to it. I speculate if the exit path is forced through that way... the lip is actually an overhang for some more merch, Photopass, etc. A few stands

MiceChat speculated the huge doors communicating with the backstage area between the two rides is for the exit. I'll guarantee that's not the case, the ride building is huge and that is simply way too far away from the ride entrance... guests are dumb and need to be dumped out somewhat close to their strollers.

TP2000

He's not sure if this is news? He's obviously not a true fan.

No kidding. What an amateur! :rolleyes:

All these new walkways seem big and wide and will radically change the way we can move around the park. I think the ability to walk from Fantasyland to Critter Country around the northern side of the river will really change parkwide crowd patterns for the better.

180º

No kidding. What an amateur! :rolleyes:

All these new walkways seem big and wide and will radically change the way we can move around the park. I think the ability to walk from Fantasyland to Critter Country around the northern side of the river will really change parkwide crowd patterns for the better.
I wonder to what degree this expansion will call into question of the rest of Disneyland's charming yet treacherously tight pathways. Star Wars Not-Land: Samsung Galaxy Edge is the first time Disneyland will get a direct clone of a sprawling WDW common area. The huge scale may make the rest of the bursting small park feel uncomfortable by comparison.

mickEblu

I wonder to what degree this expansion will call into question of the rest of Disneyland's charming yet treacherously tight pathways. Star Wars Not-Land: Samsung Galaxy Edge is the first time Disneyland will get a direct clone of a sprawling WDW common area. The huge scale may make the rest of the bursting small park feel uncomfortable by comparison.

Fortunately I don't think they have any way of making the walkways bigger without removing retail/ food or attractions and I don't see that happening.

Phroobar

There is always a dark side to everything.

britain

Yes, the scale is huge for DL, but it is WDW that is getting the clone. And SWL might feel cramped for Florida guests expecting the vast openness of MK or EPCOT.

180º

Yes, the scale is huge for DL, but it is WDW that is getting the clone. And SWL might feel cramped for Florida guests expecting the vast openness of MK or EPCOT.
Good point. Based on what we've seen so far I'm predicting the other way around, but this is very possible!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom