News Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge - Historical Construction/Impressions

VJ

So are conspiracy theories.
True, but Disney is not anyone's buddy. They care about money, and themselves, and what they're legally obligated to care about, probably in that order, first and foremost.

Not saying there's a conspiracy. Just saying if they wanted something quiet it would be quiet; they're certainly a big enough entity to make it happen.

Hatbox Ghostbuster

True, but Disney is not anyone's buddy. They care about money, and themselves, and what they're legally obligated to care about, probably in that order, first and foremost.

Not saying there's a conspiracy. Just saying if they wanted something quiet it would be quiet; they're certainly a big enough entity to make it happen.
Agreed. But I feel like they'd use their legal power to shut people down completely, rather than having them tip-toe around the "issue" and lie to their fans about what's been going on. But rest assured, its probably someone's job at Disney to keep their eye on MC and all his future postings.

VJ

Just out of curiosity, why do you think he would have signed an NDA?
I guess what I was trying to get across is that just because he didn't outright acknowledge it didn't mean it didn't happen. Then again, it doesn't mean it did happen either.

Hatbox Ghostbuster

I guess what I was trying to get across is that just because he didn't outright acknowledge it didn't mean it didn't happen. Then again, it doesn't mean it did happen either.
Typically though NDA's are for when you're being allowed to see something that isn't available to the public yet (I've signed a few in my day). Not typically when you've been slapped on the wrist for something and you can't tell people what really happened.

VJ

Typically though NDA's are for when you're being allowed to see something that isn't available to the public yet (I've signed a few in my day). Not typically when you've been slapped on the wrist for something and you can't tell people what really happened.
Didn't know there was a difference, to be completely honest. Thanks for the info/correction; it's very interesting!

BrianLo

Original Poster
Mint Crocodile re-surfaces, if only to say he won't be posting as often.

http://mintcrocodile.blogspot.com/2017/05/a-message-to-my-readers.html

It's always unfortunate to see these bloggers burn themselves out. At least she didn't do it to the point of cynicism and disdain for the product, another particular one comes to mind.

It always seems like a good idea, but seriously weekly visits to the DLR with a workload is never going to end anywhere but burnout. I personally think visiting a park with any regularity quickly starts to take away some of the treat of it.

It's probably why WDW has such a good grasp on the market. If it's your annual retreat it's harder to notice the flaws unless they become super prolonged... in the way WDW has managed to do in the past decade. If WDW had the true locals market like DLR, I think the changes would have been more forthcoming.

Curious Constance

It's always unfortunate to see these bloggers burn themselves out. At least she didn't do it to the point of cynicism and disdain for the product, another particular one comes to mind.

It always seems like a good idea, but seriously weekly visits to the DLR with a workload is never going to end anywhere but burnout. I personally think visiting a park with any regularity quickly starts to take away some of the treat of it.

It's probably why WDW has such a good grasp on the market. If it's your annual retreat it's harder to notice the flaws unless they become super prolonged... in the way WDW has managed to do in the past decade. If WDW had the true locals market like DLR, I think the changes would have been more forthcoming.

You know what always blew my mind about Mint Crocodile? I THINK every time he went to the resort, he actually bought a ticket for that day. He posts pics of his tickets quite often and has made comments before about buying tickets, can you believe that?

Phroobar

May Mint Crocodile rest in peace.

tenor.gif

dweezil78

Right, exactly... that's why I was asking. The only times I ever sign (or provide) NDAs are when I get to see/learn something I'm not supposed to share with anyone else or vice-versa. No one would just willingly sign an NDA if they had nothing to gain from it.

mickEblu

You know what always blew my mind about Mint Crocodile? I THINK every time he went to the resort, he actually bought a ticket for that day. He posts pics of his tickets quite often and has made comments before about buying tickets, can you believe that?

Why on earth would he do that? Well I'm going to have to fill the void and start a blog called Basil Aligator. Whos with me!?

flynnibus

Premium Member
Of course we have no way of knowing for certain, but to your point I don't think he'd care all that much, and the ongoing development and operation of Disneyland seemed to be something he wasn't particularly focused on at the time of his passing.

The man was notorious for only focusing on his current dream and almost outright abandoning his past focuses. Even the backbone of his legacy... animation was all but foreign to him after Disneyland. And once Epcot was the next dream... the process continued.

flynnibus

Premium Member

No that's exactly what happens in the case of settlements.

Not that I think that's what happened here... I think you just are seeing the natural evolution of people growing up.

dweezil78

I'm guessing he's a CM. If you have a main entrance/silver pass, you are given actual paper tickets every time you enter the park because those passes don't work on FP machines (also because you are allowed to bring additional guests in who also need tickets).

Curious Constance

Hmmmmm interesting. A cast member. But a cast member of what is the question, he seems to state that coming into the parks each week was getting to be too taxing, so it must not be something at the resort. Maybe he works at the studios.

Hatbox Ghostbuster

No that's exactly what happens in the case of settlements.

Not that I think that's what happened here... I think you just are seeing the natural evolution of people growing up.
I just can't imagine a scenario where Disney took legal action against him for taking and posting photos of SWL and then made him sign an NDA to prevent him from telling people that Disney gets serious about this kind of stuff. Almost like they don't want him to warn others against falling into the same trap??

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom