News Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge - Historical Construction/Impressions

D

Deleted member 107043

Ya, that'd be great. The most overcrowded land in DL with the biggest population of kids under 10 years old getting a quick serve alcohol station. It's frustrating enough back there as it is, don't throw beer into the mix.

I'm a bit late to the conversation but I want to say that I wish we would stop demonizing the idea of alcohol at Disneyland. I can understand not wanting a full bar next to Snow White's Adventures, but beer and wine in a European park-like setting in a far corner of Fantasyland? I see nothing wrong with that.

The Beauty and The Beast dining location in FL in Florida has alcohol, and at DLP there are at least two FL restaurants themed after popular vintage Disney characters that have alcohol on their menus; Auberge de Cendrillon and Toad Hall. Both are lovely.

6128570663_e0eed1dfed_b.jpg

TH%2Bext.JPG

I don't see the problem.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 107043

Here is the reason why there should be no alcohol served in the parks.

Back in the day Holidayland served alcohol. I'm sure many of those guests wandered back into the park after having a few too many, not to mention the Monorail Bar conveniently located a few minutes from Tomorrowland next to the Monorail platform at the Disneyland Hotel.

a5eee9e3087bdd8e824ad6a3e17c7f92.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

yookeroo

Ya, that'd be great. The most overcrowded land in DL with the biggest population of kids under 10 years old getting a quick serve alcohol station. It's frustrating enough back there as it is, don't throw beer into the mix.

To deal with hordes of U10s, I need a drink. But maybe something stronger than beer.

No, not at all. But DCA doesn't have near the continuous capacity crowds that FL gets, nor the bottleneck areas back there. I just think that if there was an beer vendor in an area that exclusively caters to sub 8 year old kids,

This might be illegal. I bet Disney doesn't sell beer to the kids.

SSG

I'm a bit late to the conversation but I want to say that I wish we would stop demonizing the idea of alcohol at Disneyland. I can understand a not wanting a full bar next to Snow White's Adventures, but beer and wine in a European park-like setting in a far corner of Fantasyland? I see nothing wrong with that.

The Beauty and The Beast dining location in FL in Florida has alcohol, and at DLP there are at least two FL restaurants themed after popular vintage Disney characters that have alcohol on their menus; Auberge de Cendrillon and Toad Hall. Both are lovely.

6128570663_e0eed1dfed_b.jpg

TH%2Bext.JPG

I don't see the problem.

Totally agree. The booze genie got out of the bottle when Disney sold alcohol at DCA and DTD. And no, I don't think 'Walt didn't want booze at Disneyland' is a valid reason anymore.

D

Deleted member 107043

What I find humorous about the no alcohol argument is the point that Disneyland is supposed to be a place for families with children, therefore even a glass of wine with dinner is taboo, yet smoking in the park is completely acceptable. At least when I drink my beer I'm not endangering children and babies with second-hand smoke.

FigmentForver96

What I find humorous about the no alcohol argument is the point that Disneyland is supposed to be a place for families with children, therefore even a glass of wine with dinner is taboo, yet smoking in the park is completely acceptable. At least when I drink my beer I'm not endangering children and babies with second-hand smoke.
Plus define "family". What about families where the kids are in their twenties and they go with mom and dad for a "family" trip?

D

Deleted member 107043

Hmmmm... Try using the link button... the one that looks like a link in a chain.

Sped2424

These mountains are going to kill toon town with thematic intrusion. Perhaps that's why the fantasyland expansion is back on and now killing that area?

TP2000

Is Frozen land taking over ToonTown? Thanks for the SW land picture updates.
The map that was released in a Miceage Update last winter shows an area for "Future Expansion" wedged between Toontown and Star Wars. It could easily be the location for a big show building for a Frozen ride, with the Arendelle village entrance built where the Fantasyland Theater now sits.

Like all the great E Tickets of the 20th century, the show building would sit beyond the railroad berm while the themed village/entrance would be inside the berm. Whether it's an expansion themed to Frozen or Oliver & Co. doesn't matter, the plan is obviously being built in to the Star Wars expansion next door.

disneyland-star-wars-expansion-map.jpg

Mike S

The map that was released in a Miceage Update last winter shows an area for "Future Expansion" wedged between Toontown and Star Wars. It could easily be the location for a big show building for a Frozen ride, with the Arendelle village entrance built where the Fantasyland Theater now sits.

Like all the great E Tickets of the 20th century, the show building would sit beyond the railroad berm while the themed village/entrance would be inside the berm. Whether it's an expansion themed to Frozen or Oliver & Co. doesn't matter, the plan is obviously being built in to the Star Wars expansion next door.

disneyland-star-wars-expansion-map.jpg
Better Frozen attraction/land than WDW actually in Fantasyland and you get to keep Toontown. Except for the placement of Star Wars, which is really the only problem with it out west, I'm so jealous it's not even funny. Damn you Disney and your obvious favoritism.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom