News Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge - Historical Construction/Impressions

S 2

Holy craaaaap. I looked at this again this morning and noticed the doors carved out and the pathway along the interior of the cylinder. I always assumed that was for construction crews but now I'm thinking not, as it doesn't go all the way around, and the doorways just look too permanent in their construction, looking at the bump out on the walls on the left in particular. If the rumors are true that guests will board one vehicle, deboard, and then board another vehicle during this experience, blending theme park ride and escape-room-type experience then this would be an incredible walking scene mid-ride. It would benefit from putting you on the ledge and recreating that feeling and sight line from the still frame attached. If guests passed that scene in a trackless vehicle they would have trouble getting close to the edge or feeling vulnerable, and the vehicle may not even allow them to look down and have that "wow" moment with the set. I'm imagining they could build a real cylinder and then a forced perspective set extension on both the ceiling and the floor to make it go on forever.
EXACTLY! I'm like: woah... speechless. IF that's what it is but also, of course it is!! Maybe Luke and darth won't be part of it but it something like that epic room which is a part of one of the top cinema moments ever to this day.. I. cannot. wait. What month and year do I need to request off again!? LOL

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 107043

Have you guys seen this? It appears that railroad has been laid across this segment of the ROA shoreline cliffs.

SWL-Mar-24-HB-3-610x407.jpg

Old Mouseketeer

Have you guys seen this? It appears that railroad has been laid across this segment of the ROA shoreline cliffs.
I can clearly see the path where the DLRR will go. But if you are implying that track has been laid, this would be news to me. Nothing I have heard or seen leads me to believe that new track is even on-property. I don't expect to see that for at least a month or two. I don't think there is any boat track laid yet and they are supposed to running the Big Boats by June. DLRR doesn't even begin testing until September. However, I could be wrong (it's been known to happen--but don't tell anyone).

I think what is noteworthy in this photo (and many others) is how far behind the rockwork is, especially down to the water's edge. I'm hearing rumors that not only will Fan!! fail to debut in June, but they are fighting for July. The schedule is behind for refilling the ROA and it appears to be a moving target.

Re-routing ROA and DLRR was an ambitious project. My personal take is that the original schedule depended on everything going right, and the extra rainfall alone may have cost weeks. Stay tuned!

D

Deleted member 107043

I just see the bridge, can't see where you see the rails?

I said "it appears". I wasn't saying definitively that rails are there. We can, however, clearly see that there's something on the bridge that looks like railroad ties. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong though because I'm pretty bad at trying to figure this stuff out!

Last edited by a moderator:

Old Mouseketeer

I said "it appears". I wasn't saying it was saying definitively that rails are there. We can, however, clearly see that there's something on the bridge that looks like railroad ties. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong though because I'm pretty bad at trying to figure this stuff out!

Good point about the RR ties. I think that's because they are part of the actual bridge structure. I'm not sure there are any ties being laid on the ground portions of the track path.

D

Deleted member 107043

That's where I lifted the pic. I didn't read the article though. I tend to scroll through their blog posts quickly.

Phroobar

Perhaps Lord Vader can find new ways to motivate them.

Jerjerrod: I tell you that this land will be operational as planned.
Vader: Mr. Iger does not share your optimistic appraisal of the situation.
Jerjerrod: But he asks the impossible! I need more men!
Vader: Then perhaps you can tell him when he arrives.
Jerjerrod: [alarmed] Mr. Iger is coming here?
Vader: That is correct, Commander, and he is most displeased with your apparent lack of progress.
Jerjerrod: We shall double our efforts.
Vader: I hope so, Commander, for your sake. Bob is not as forgiving as I am.

PB Watermelon

Jerjerrod: I tell you that this land will be operational as planned.
Vader: Mr. Iger does not share your optimistic appraisal of the situation.
Jerjerrod: But he asks the impossible! I need more men!
Vader: Then perhaps you can tell him when he arrives.
Jerjerrod: [alarmed] Mr. Iger is coming here?
Vader: That is correct, Commander, and he is most displeased with your apparent lack of progress.
Jerjerrod: We shall double our efforts.
Vader: I hope so, Commander, for your sake. Bob is not as forgiving as I am.

Ackbar: It's a churro!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom