News Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge - Historical Construction/Impressions

Ismael Flores

i notice that parts of this land have large dirt covered areas. I know that they are using these areas to create large forested Berms but it makes me wonder if tucked within these areas if it wasn't a good idea to add a low cost attraction. I know spinners are not everyones favorite additions but those usually take a small footprint. something that could be hidden within a lush environment and maybe a small structure that would have added additional capacity to the land and give families with smaller children something to do if they do not meet height requirements.
Hopefully the land will have interactive shows or meet and greets that will keep those guests entertained and off the paths for a bit.

Anyone now if the Jedi academy will be moved to this new land?

Rich T

It was also wise to have 2 E-tickets so that on the inevitable day when one Star Wars ride brakes down, there will at least be the other to entertain guests.
...for a coupla minutes after a six hour wait...:D

Seriously, the thought of SW Land with one ride functioning=Get me the heck outta Dodge. I can't even imagine what it will be like to be stuck in there in a crowd when BOTH rides go down.

Phroobar

i notice that parts of this land have large dirt covered areas. I know that they are using these areas to create large forested Berms but it makes me wonder if tucked within these areas if it wasn't a good idea to add a low cost attraction. I know spinners are not everyones favorite additions but those usually take a small footprint. something that could be hidden within a lush environment and maybe a small structure that would have added additional capacity to the land and give families with smaller children something to do if they do not meet height requirements.
Hopefully the land will have interactive shows or meet and greets that will keep those guests entertained and off the paths for a bit.

I'm sure the Jedi academy will be moved here. I bet it be updated like DLP got with a floating R2-D2 and other Force effects.

GiveMeTheMusic

Yes, the plan is to move all Star Wars experiences (including JTA) to the dedicated land, which is why Star Tours is currently planned to close as it's not being moved.

It would be prudent of them to be planning the Tomorrowland overhaul now, but guess what? They're not.

Earl Sweatpants

Yes, the plan is to move all Star Wars experiences (including JTA) to the dedicated land, which is why Star Tours is currently planned to close as it's not being moved.

It would be prudent of them to be planning the Tomorrowland overhaul now, but guess what? They're not.
I'd like a chart of times Disney has actually done the prudent thing in overhauling their parks.

DDLand

I can't think of a convincing backstory to justify one. Spinners and other flat rides are difficult because there's no convincing reason that a bunch of Star Wars characters would get on mechanism that spun them in a circle or swung them side to side. That may not seem like a big issue to some, but in this Star Wars Experience, that's how seriously they're thinking.

I despise their anti Coke policy though. That's just stupid. As it's said "it's the Coke that makes the meal." ;)

As long as HyperSpace Mountain ends it's painful overlay, I'm happy.

Phroobar

How about a flat ride were we sit in small sandcrawlers that "dance" to the cantina music. Another ride we could sit in a cart attached to a small Bantha that spins us around as it wonders in circles?

Mike S

The Battle Escape won't have height restrictions, FYI.

There is no need for filler when you build accessible E tickets. New Orleans Square is a good example of that.
swanson-dance.gif

Toy Story Land has a lesson to learn.

britain

There is no need for filler when you build accessible E tickets. New Orleans Square is a good example of that.

That is good to hear! Although I was wondering if Imagineering was going to sneak in a little bit of a drop ride with these elevator portions. Apparently not.

Rich T

It doesn't *necessarily* apply here, but... DL without what you call "filler" isn't DL. A, B and C ticket rides make up the grand salad and add all kinds of variety and fun. They are not just filler. At all. Unless it's Dinoland.

Just because a family can traumatize their toddlers by taking them on the Battle Escape due to lack of height restrictions doesn't mean gentler, simpler experiences shouldn't be part of the mix. That Bantha ride that didn't make the cut would have been perfect. And NOS is a tiny, tiny land. SW Land is Ohio.

mickEblu

It doesn't *necessarily* apply here, but... DL without what you call "filler" isn't DL. A, B and C ticket rides make up the grand salad and add all kinds of variety and fun. They are not just filler. At all. Unless it's Dinoland.

Just because a family can traumatize their toddlers by taking them on the Battle Escape due to lack of height restrictions doesn't mean gentler, simpler experiences shouldn't be part of the mix. That Bantha ride that didn't make the cut would have been perfect. And NOS is a tiny, tiny land. SW Land is Ohio.

Traumatizing our kids is a rite of passage that MUST continue! My parents traumatized me and now I pay it forward by taking my 5 month old son on Pirates of the Caribbean.

Earl Sweatpants

Traumatizing our kids is a rite of passage that MUST continue! My parents traumatized me and now I pay it forward by taking my 5 month old son on Pirates of the Caribbean.
Funny enough we just took my 9-month old niece on Pirates and she was great...until the drops...then it was cry cry cry oooooh fancy gold treasures...and she was fine the rest of the way.

mickEblu

Funny enough we just took my 9-month old niece on Pirates and she was great...until the drops...then it was cry cry cry oooooh fancy gold treasures...and she was fine the rest of the way.

LOL....My son is actually 14 months now but we took him for the first time when he was 5 months old where he pretty much had no reaction. Now that he's older and more aware, he did cry for a few seconds after the drops. I think from about 2-6 years old will be the golden years of traumatization.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom