News Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge - Historical Construction/Impressions

Phroobar

I was at the resort last night and was surprised they were working past 7PM with work lights flooding the work site. I know they are working at least some if not all Saturday's so they could possibly be working 6 days a week and late into the night. I think this is going to be the major difference between California and Florida. They don't seem in any real hurry in Florida so the gap between the projects may grow even further as time goers on.

Florida contractors

TP2000

I was at the resort last night and was surprised they were working past 7PM with work lights flooding the work site. I know they are working at least some if not all Saturday's so they could possibly be working 6 days a week and late into the night. I think this is going to be the major difference between California and Florida. They don't seem in any real hurry in Florida so the gap between the projects may grow even further as time goers on.

I've noticed that too, after recently driving by on Disneyland Drive well after dark around 6pm and seeing the site lit up like a football stadium and seeing giant cranes swinging around in the night sky. They apparently are going with a 12 hour day, six days a week schedule regardless of season or sundown.

The incredible progress of just the last 60 days proves that.

Old Mouseketeer

Agreed. And it likely will be the biggest for years to come, until they build a third park.

I really want to drive one of those giant dump trucks.

IIRC, in the early days of VHS home video, among the biggest selling videos for the preschool set were scenes of large machinery, including bulldozers, tractors, and earth-moving equipment. I guess some of us never outgrow it! LOL (And I want to drive them, too. Vroom vroom!)

Kiwiduck

Forgive me if this you tube link has been posted already - I was away for a while (at Disneyland!!!) and may have missed it. It is by yensid 55 and it is very helpful for those who like me have trouble making sense of construction sites. Forgetting about star wars land for a while it is making me super excited to see the new railroad and ROA route.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/JI9KEXpFAsE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Travel Junkie

Close ups!

C0EK7QOUUAA4eic.jpg

C0EK7QQUcAALMQw.jpg

C0EL5fbUkAEGTnX.jpg

C0EL5faUoAApjrA.jpg

from @Universal__Core on twitter

Earl Sweatpants

She's In Los Angeles just put up a new video tonight at nearly two in the morning. (She's my kind of gal!) After a week of rainy weather and cloudy skies, nice to see this massive project with sunny weather again.

It's interesting you bring up the weather as it made me wonder how much of an impact storms will have on the Florida construction sites.

IMG_3551.JPG
I was at the park today, and as I was leaving Big Thunder at about 9:30pm, I noticed the wooden fence blocking the old path to fantasyland was missing. Out of curiosity I went that direction, and they actually had the path open! It's not paved yet, just well-compacted dirt, and there was plenty of room to walk though. The rockwork back there still isn't painted, but the texture looks a lot like the Antelope Canyon area in Arizona. I only snapped one photo cause the CMs stationed back there were hurrying groups though, even though it wasn't super crowded.

I was just shocked by the scale of things. Theres so much room even on the Frontierland side! The SWL entrance closest to Fantasyland has a massive open area leading up to it, can't wait to see what they do with it. The update videos from the parking structure (although they're fun to watch) definitely don't do it justice since telephoto lenses compress perceived distances. Maybe a few other people got the chance to capture something back here (and maybe daylight stuff too)

Ismael Flores

Wow that area by the fantasyland entrance to Star Wars sure looks like eventually they can extend the walkway and connect it to the land by the theater if it was demolished.

I wonder if they ever considered instead of all that fill dirt adding a building within it and then topping it off with dirt. Would have made the perfect location for an Indoor eatery within those rocks

The train passing thru that area is going to look awesome. I think Disneyland might just have its own pathway version of grizzly peak. Lush forest and hopefully some more water features on that side of the land. Imagine a large waterfall before entering Star Wars area

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom