Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

mratigan

Hope I'm not beating a dead horse here, but does anyone have any idea what kind of ride system would be used for the Millennium Falcon and Resistance rides? Maybe @Lee has some good info?

doctornick

It's probably worth noting in this thread the map that Martin posted regarding DHS development.

Star Wars Land is in red (Phase 2). It indicates that the current plans are for Star Wars to start around the current Indiana Jones theater and will heavily use space that is currently parking. It also indicates that Star Tours will be left as is (surely with some cosmetic changes to remove the movie set concept in the queue).

Interesting for me to note that it does not indicate either Sounds Dangerous or the Frozen sing-a-along theaters being included. They were long rumored to be included as a possible location for an indoor Jedi training academy.

Baltar

$4 billion for EPCOT
It's probably worth noting in this thread the map that Martin posted regarding DHS development.

Star Wars Land is in red (Phase 2). It indicates that the current plans are for Star Wars to start around the current Indiana Jones theater and will heavily use space that is currently parking. It also indicates that Star Tours will be left as is (surely with some cosmetic changes to remove the movie set concept in the queue).

Interesting for me to note that it does not indicate either Sounds Dangerous or the Frozen sing-a-along theaters being included. They were long rumored to be included as a possible location for an indoor Jedi training academy.

If they aren't being used...just demolish both buildings and if you MUST have a stage near the DHS "hub" then put it off to the side in the area of those buildings. No more stages in front of the Chinese Theater please

HauntedMansionFLA

They said Star Wars land will be a mix of old and new with interactive areas for fans. Any chance there will be an area like the Cave of Evil from Empire? Too dark - not kid friendly?

Provocateur, Rancanteur, Plaisanter, du Jour

Sept9SW.jpg

MarniSWmap.jpg

LeeMap.jpg

Construction.jpg

Lots of information about the areas in re-development have been spread in different threads. These are Star Wars relevant ones @marni1971 , @Lee , and others are giving you what we can. Being explicit can get people in trouble.

*1023*

AEfx

That's the plan -- apparently two parking decks will be built for guests.

Separate from that, it sounds like in the short term, CM parking may be displaced (since the CM parking land is specifically being used for the SW expansion) perhaps to the Epcot lot with shuttles.

I haven't been following much about the parking thing - are we actually getting a parking structure now, or is it more field of auto dreams?

FigmentJedi

They said Star Wars land will be a mix of old and new with interactive areas for fans. Any chance there will be an area like the Cave of Evil from Empire? Too dark - not kid friendly?
It's more like familiar vehicles, characters and concepts (The Falcon, wandering aliens) mixed with a new planet setting that uses familiar Star Wars tropes (Like a cantina full of aliens but not THE Cantina since that's on Tatooine).

Castle Cake Apologist

If it is the case that SWW is not happening this coming spring I wish they'd let us know sooner rather than later. I was about to book airfare for my son and I (I've been promising him we could see SWW for years now) but if it's not there, I'd rather move the reservation to another time of year.

I'm curious why they would announce the end of OSL more than a year out from its end, but not SWW.

2015 is the final year for OSL, as announced in July. They only gave about 4 months notice on that closure, not over a year. I would imagine a similar situation with SWW, unfortunately...

YodaMan

2015 is the final year for OSL, as announced in July. They only gave about 4 months notice on that closure, not over a year. I would imagine a similar situation with SWW, unfortunately...

Uhh... You're missing the point. They gave over a year's notice that Osborne Lights aren't happening in 2016, so people could go to the final year in 2015. If SWW isn't happening in 2016, the logic is that it would have been nice to know earlier so that people could have gone in 2015.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom